PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this?

Heinz '57
28-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Hi.
Been looking for a car for some time. Looked at this over the weekend.Ticks most of my boxes (Targa) but is an auto. I can live with that as it will be a keeper.
Price is £19995.
Anyone know the car?
Does the price seem reasonable for a 97 car with 52k?

Offered 14k against a 55 plate S2000 with 42k miles.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/437675.htm

Silver Surfer
28-07-2008, 12:05 PM
You don't have much choice if it is a 'targa' that you want as the other auto are around £15-16K. The manual non-targa start around £19k-20K for a good one.

Maybe you should knock them abit by £1-2K saying all the usual things and BS about targa's are less popular and saying there is one for sale in autotrader/ebay for the last 3 years etc.;)

SS

28-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I remember a few months ago when i was looking i actually went down to see this car. The guy selling the cars is pretty chilled out and doesnt pressurise the buyers...he's pretty good. The test drive was good at the time, but it was the colour i didnt like.

At the time he redueced the car from 22K to 20K. The car sounded good. At the time tehre was a panel behind the drivers seat that was out but i think it was a process of just clipping it back. The seals on the windscreen were slightly worn, the right fog light (passeners side) was slightly misaligned.

I ended up buying a different auto model non-targa.

Maybe worth having a look as the guy doesnt pressurise you and you can drive it and take your time when your there.

Hope it sort of helps :)

Cheers

Andy

Chris B N
25-03-2009, 05:13 PM
This is almost certaintly the car I bought last Oct. 97 3.0 Auto T Charlotte Green
Sounds and goes well, quite enjoy the auto as the advancing years have made me lazy. Reading threads on short gears, the one advantage of the 4 speed auto is the longer 2nd gear 85 mph + and the F-Matic is quicker than me.
No probs with the car once a new windscreen trim in place, a slightly buckled wheel straightend and fronts and rears re-tracked
Would love to know some history, maybe someone can help
She has spent most of her life in Scotland prevoius reg's B9XTC, P937WOS,
BSP1, L1MSL and. P766OLT.

Chris B N
97 3.0 T auto Charlotte Green
02 Corsa 1.2 workhorse
01 MX5 1.8