PDA

View Full Version : Mpg

craigdonnelly
26-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Morning Guys,

I went for a really good drive around the bonnie bonnie hills of Loch
Lomand. Honestly no speed cameras, no boys on blue and very few caravans. This weeks Autocar " Lotus Europa & Evora" would agree...

...anyway I put £70 of premium fuel in the NSX and done 300 miles which averaged 23 MPG. I thought very good for a supercar but £70 hurts!

Ju st checked my mum's 328ci and the computer is averaging 25.9mpg and 29mpg.

josewick
26-07-2008, 04:19 PM
well.. i use it for the weekends mainly and 30 quid of Vpower last me 70 miles.. :(

TheSebringOne
26-07-2008, 07:22 PM
When I get her out, I give her the full treatment where permitted & can manage only 16 mpg !! I think with average driving, it should be around 23-28 mpg, but wheres the fun then eh?!

JQD84983
27-07-2008, 02:34 AM
When I get her out, I give her the full treatment where permitted & can manage only 16 mpg !! I think with average driving, it should be around 23-28 mpg, but wheres the fun then eh?!

You raise a good point. The full beans is so tempting. When picking mine up from Ivor I reckon I did about 360 miles on about 60 quids worth. That included a lot of steady getting used to it driving but still good for a supercar.

I put in standard unleaded, not sure what everyone else uses?

John

AR
27-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Morning Guys,

I went for a really good drive around the bonnie bonnie hills of Loch
Lomand. Honestly no speed cameras, no boys on blue and very few caravans. This weeks Autocar " Lotus Europa & Evora" would agree...

...anyway I put £70 of premium fuel in the NSX and done 300 miles which averaged 23 MPG. I thought very good for a supercar but £70 hurts!

Ju st checked my mum's 328ci and the computer is averaging 25.9mpg and 29mpg.

You ar enot driving it hard enough! J/K :)

Cheers,

Ary

Senninha
27-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Last time I did a conservative fuel run I ended up refilling in Germany!!

I refilled as it was a Shell garage and I didnt know when I'd see another on route to the N'Ring. Trip reading at the time (with no low fuel light on) was at 378, so I'm pretty confident I could of passed 400. Clearly a very different type of drive to Craig's but shows that on a steady cruise you dont have to keep refuelling.

Same cant be said about the return journey, more like low 200's :D:laugh:

regards, Paul

mutley
27-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Yup I concur with the steady drive coments. From my base in Bedfordshire to my house in Edinburgh is approx 345 miles. Taking it easy (which is difficult!!) all the way I can do the trip on a full tank and still have a little left at the end. Once I have nearly 1 quarter of a tank left!

But doing the same journey and sometimes I head cross country on the A68 from Darlington (Which I love driving in the summer, great bit of road) then I usually have to stop just over the border for a refill.

Jim

eclipse1501
27-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Its not worth a separate thread but as a matter of interest what does a full tank cost in the UK at the moment. I haven't filled a car up back home in the UK for nearly fifteen years. I can get a full tank of 98 unleaded here for 70 Euros (thats with low fuel light on and below empty notch!!!!) or about £55

Senninha
27-07-2008, 08:56 PM
......with low fuel light on and below empty notch is about £55
Going to be in the early £70's for the same conditins of refill. I'm out next weekend so will find for sure :)

Midnight Blue
28-07-2008, 05:09 AM
as a matter of interest what does a full tank cost in the UK at the moment. I haven't filled a car up back home in the UK for nearly fifteen years. I can get a full tank of 98 unleaded here for 70 Euros (thats with low fuel light on and below empty notch!!!!) or about £55

Don't mean to sound smug but petrol is about 17 pence per Litre here in Brunei......I don't have to care what it does to the gallon!

Cheers,

Andy

eclipse1501
28-07-2008, 07:26 AM
as a matter of interest what does a full tank cost in the UK at the moment. I haven't filled a car up back home in the UK for nearly fifteen years. I can get a full tank of 98 unleaded here for 70 Euros (thats with low fuel light on and below empty notch!!!!) or about £55

Don't mean to sound smug but petrol is about 17 pence per Litre here in Brunei......I don't have to care what it does to the gallon!

Cheers,

Andy

So you could cross three countries with £5!:thumbsup:

markc
28-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Its not worth a separate thread but as a matter of interest what does a full tank cost in the UK at the moment. I haven't filled a car up back home in the UK for nearly fifteen years. I can get a full tank of 98 unleaded here for 70 Euros (thats with low fuel light on and below empty notch!!!!) or about £55

We have a 70ltr tank, so if you're brave enough to ignore the the fuel guage and warning light which seems to come on with at about 15ltrs to go, you should be able to spend £90+ at a fill up (V Power/Ultimate etc)!!!

I have a "thing" about wringing the max (volume not consumption) out of a tank but the most I've managed to get in is 67ltrs.

On my longer trips to Italy, Spa etc I've averaged 27-28mpg. Shorter trips more like 22-24 mpg. Of course on track days will see <10mpg :)

Mark

mart155
28-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Here are my figures since I got the car.
Average mpg seems to be about 21.
You can see that I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to running with the low fuel light on.
The most I have ever got in is 52 litres.

Lankstarr
28-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Here are my figures since I got the car.
Average mpg seems to be about 21.
You can see that I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to running with the low fuel light on.
The most I have ever got in is 52 litres.

... and I thought I was sad with spreadsheets:laugh:

Other than tracking I think the worst I have had is 190 miles from £73 recently - I think it was about 14mpg for the whole tank. The best I've had was 400 miles from the tank about 27 mpg I think.

TheSebringOne
28-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Mart155, you only managed at most 52 litres? But its 70 litres for a 3.2 Out of interest is the tank in a 3.0 smaller than a 3.2 by about 4 gallons? Unless like you say your'e a chicken! :D

Midnight Blue
03-08-2008, 02:15 AM
So you could cross three countries with £5!:thumbsup:

Sort of, yes. But not in a vehicle with low ground clearance like the NSX. Your map (correctly), shows that Brunei is made up of two parts, separated by a swampy part of Malaysia. The Indonesian border isn't too far away either but that is "Off Road bike" only.

To get from one part of Brunei to the other, involves crossing the border fairly well inland into Malaysia and then two ferry crossings that are far too angled to get across in the NSX.

Most traffic goes across the river by boat. These are known locally as "Flying coffins."

Cheers,

Andy

gsuds
03-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Best I managed was 30mpg on run to Aberdeen, with daughter in the passenger seat and cruise set to 78mph.

That's the sort of figure you can trot out whenever berated by a Green...or when convincing SWMBO you need to buy an NSX!

Graham

Papalazarou
03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't condone this thread in any way........but I got 26 miles out of £20.00 a few months ago driving from home down the North Devon coast.

Cheers,

James.

BlueNSX
03-08-2008, 08:29 PM
[quote=Papalazarou;47277]I don't condone this thread in any way........

Neither do I, If you worry about MPG buy a Prius or something more deserved.

:no:

Papalazarou
04-08-2008, 07:59 AM

:laugh:

Cheers,

James.

craigdonnelly
04-08-2008, 08:46 AM
When I started this thread i wasn't getting upset about poor MPG because I was complimenting the NSX! For me to get that performance and 23 MPG is amazing. However it's the fuel prices that are starting to hurt. If prices keep rising even Pruis owners will feel the pinch. Every manufacturer is going to wards lighter cars with small capacity engines for high performance. Even Ferrari are quoted as saying they are going to have to lower there capacity of their V12's and use turbo V6's. As we have all said it before the NSX done it first!

Papalazarou
04-08-2008, 10:38 AM
When I started this thread i wasn't getting upset about poor MPG because I was complimenting the NSX! For me to get that performance and 23 MPG is amazing. However it's the fuel prices that are starting to hurt. If prices keep rising even Pruis owners will feel the pinch. Every manufacturer is going to wards lighter cars with small capacity engines for high performance. Even Ferrari are quoted as saying they are going to have to lower there capacity of their V12's and use turbo V6's. As we have all said it before the NSX done it first!

Sorry Craig,

was just having a bit of fun. Current fuel prices really do suck. It pisses me off that a 50 mile round trip to the cinema costs me £10.00 in fuel before I start, IF I take it easy!

Cheers,

James.

NoelWatson
04-08-2008, 10:43 AM

I would prefer to buy something economical rather than a Prius

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/used_car_reviews/article3552994.ece

BlueNSX
04-08-2008, 11:25 AM
:laugh: Nissan Micra, Smart Car, Bubble Car;)

[quote=BlueNSX;47279]

I would prefer to buy something economical rather than a Prius

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/used_car_reviews/article3552994.ece

simonprelude
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Well I must drive like a baby then, I have seen 500+ miles from a tank, but have also seen less than 50 ;)

mutley
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
When I left Henlow on friday I paid 119.9p per litre, when I got up here to Edinburgh it is only 109.9.

Bit of a difference.

Jim

BabyG
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Well I must drive like a baby then, I have seen 500+ miles from a tank, but have also seen less than 50 ;)

What car were you driving to get 500 from a tank!?!

I was chuffed/petrified when I had to go over 360 last weekend, and that was nearly all motorways..

600 miles of derestricted Autobahn and a day at the 'ring next week. Doubt I'll be getting 360 miles out of a tank over there...