PDA

View Full Version : Why not selling?

craigdonnelly
16-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi guy's

I'm getting concerned why my NSX is not selling. I think it is because my service History in the book starts at 35k and Jaguar owned the car. However Honda thought the car was good enough to retail and warranty. I tried chasing the service history but Honda does not hold a nationwide database and some dealers will delete car details after three years if the car has to returned to that dealership.

I spoke to a couple of prestige dealers at the weekend and they can't sell anything because people can't get credit.

jaytip
16-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi guy's

I spoke to a couple of prestige dealers at the weekend and they can't sell anything because people can't get credit.
Is that not your answer?.I was lucky that mine sold because it was bought between two people who wanted a face lift model,and for the milage,condition and price,it was probably about the best buy out there.
Stick with it,it will sell,it just might take a while.If you are desperate to sell then you may have to drop the price to make it a real bargain.

Cheers,

Ivor.

craigdonnelly
16-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm selling a flat at the moment too so it's whatever sells first. If the flat sells first I can hold out for a higher price. Me and my Dad run a Coach hire Company and our profits have fallen by a third in the last year because of diesel prices!

Lankstarr
16-07-2008, 03:07 PM
The motor trade is generally on its arse. My dad is looking at making a big loss this year and my brother isn;t selling half the amount of cars he was last year.

Stick with it, I sold H6 and it took months, Ivor sold his and it took months, your car is the right price but you may have to wait.

I'd chase Jaguar for records of the servie history, I had to recreate the history on mine as the book was lost. the only stamp and bill I couldn;t retrieve was the first one when HOnda UK owned the car! I've got a letter from them saying that it was owned by them and looked after at the time but no official stamp - you may have to make do with something like that from Jaguar. I'm sure they looked after it!

Luke

JQD84983
22-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Craig,

Is your car advertised on Autotrader with about 50K miles in Cumbernauld?

I did call you but got your answer phone and never got a reply. Ended up buying JayTips 04, but would definately would have sent my Dad up to have a look before I committed to JayTips.

Maybe you didn't get the message?

Stick with it. If its not crash damaged it will go.

Cheers

John

craigdonnelly
22-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Sorry I didn't get your message. Yes it's a straight NSX. I bought it from a Honda main dealer. I'm happy you said you phoned because I get a lot e-mails asking questions. I feel if your really interested in buying a car like an NSX you would phone the seller.

I know now it hasn't sold because of the credit crunch. A car with that milage, condition, price and it's straight would have sold. I'm also selling a nice flat cheap too and that isn't selling either. I'm hoping if the flat sells first then the car stays!

KingRichard
20-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Craig, I have also emailed you via Pistonheads.

Regards
Dave

Hagasan
20-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello, I think he sold it a couple of weeks ago??

KingRichard
20-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Hello, I think he sold it a couple of weeks ago??

The advert was updated 4 days ago on PH :)

Ferris Bueller
21-08-2008, 11:14 AM
The advert was updated 4 days ago on PH :)

David,

Different car, I believe. The one on PH is Gsud's, I think.

Craig's car sold a few weeks ago and is probably the one you should've bought!

Lankstarr
21-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Unless Craig's was brought by a trader and is now up for resale (it was cheap enough!)

GSUDs is a 93

Craig's was a 97/98

gsuds
21-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Craig's car sold a few weeks ago and is probably the one you should've bought!

Hey! What's wrong with mine? Bargain if you ask me. :laugh:

Yes, the updated ad is for my car.

Cheers,

Graham

craigdonnelly
21-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah my car is sold. A boy from Aberdeen bought it.

My car didn't sell quickly either. I was surprised but i realised that people have other priorities to think about now than cars.