PDA

View Full Version : Importing a later NSX-R

Rob_Fenn
16-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Hi Guys,

Hope you are well.

I'm not that clued up on importing, other than 10 year old cars are easier to import than newer ones. I understand younger cars need a model report and SVA test...

Before my dad purchased his NSX (a few years back now) he contacted Litchfield Imports about importing an 'R' and they said it would be hugely risky because if it fails the SVA, you are screwed. Thing is, Honda UK have now imported a couple as we know, so is it now not a problem? Is there a model report in the public domain?

Also, with the normal car being already over here, can it really be that hard to pass the SVA in any event?

Will look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers,

Rob

Ferris Bueller
16-07-2008, 10:56 AM
I think Bazza would be a very good place to start. Not only does he understand the process, he also knows where there are cars.

Lankstarr
16-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Have they got 2 NA2 NSX-Rs over here? Me thinks only one and I'm not sure whther they have contacts or special one-off priviledges.

Hopefully you're right and the precedent's already been set.

Luke

Sudesh
16-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Remember the all the fee's too! shipping, 17.5%vat, 10% customs duty and usually some other small charges [handling fees]etc.
If there has been another japanese imported, later type Honda NSX-R registered in the country, then someone has created a model report for it, and what usually happens is you can rent that report to get your car through SVA!
But that NSX-R need's be an unofficial import not one brough in by Honda as I think they would have some other way of getting the car through the system.
Model reports can also be created for you, as in the case of the new Skyline. There has been a few off them imported now, and again someone somewhere would have created a model report to start the process.

However creating a model report is very costly, usually starts from £1,500+vat, then if the car keeps failing, you have to keep spending money on it till it passes! I have a friend that works with SVA etc and he told me the old GTR skyline ended costing thousands to eventually get through, I think over 5k!! But it was worth it for them as if you look at the volume of those cars that sold, they eventually got their money back by renting the report! Hence why most people that create them, then rent it, so in a way you can get your money back and in some cases more!.
But for the NSX-R it would probably not be a good return, as if you think about it, how many people will be actually buying an NSX-R let alone wanting to import one.

But if someone really wanted one and has the funds then I'm sure it wouldnt matter! I'm actually looking into buying a new shape R, myself and have already done most of the homework on this.

Rob_Fenn
16-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks Sudesh. You brought up a point i thought about, whether Honda had ushered in cars through the back door somehow! I wonder who is the best to contact regarding a potential model report at Honda?

As said, i'm sure Barry will be some help. I tried browsing his site at the weekend and i couldn't find any info.

Expense is of course a bit of a worry, but then as with a 'normal' NSX money isn't the number one priority, it is the fact you are having something rare and special. Especially so with an NSX-R...

If you do have any more info Sudesh i'd be interested to here about it.

Cheers,

Rob

Sudesh
16-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi Robb,

Gve me a call on the mobile and we'll talk sure! pm sent

Senninha
16-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Does it have to be an R? For far less you can get the S with almost the same spec, more desreet and the early ones will be 10 yrs old now.

Talking to the guys in Germany they are saying that R's are still making premiums in Japan so I'd suggest you/Dad had better have some deep pockets if you set your heart on one. DOnt forget that the R suspension is nto well suited to the UK tarmac, whereas the S is quite possibly the perfect balance for road and track straight out of the factory.

Just a thougth, but have you asked if the current one is for sale as it could save you a lot of hassle

regards, Paul

jaytip
16-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Does it have to be an R? For far less you can get the S with almost the same spec, more desreet and the early ones will be 10 yrs old now.

Talking to the guys in Germany they are saying that R's are still making premiums in Japan so I'd suggest you/Dad had better have some deep pockets if you set your heart on one. DOnt forget that the R suspension is nto well suited to the UK tarmac, whereas the S is quite possibly the perfect balance for road and track straight out of the factory.

Just a thougth, but have you asked if the current one is for sale as it could save you a lot of hassle

regards, Paul
Last time out that car was nearly 100K :eek:
It would be nice to say you have an NA2 NSX-R,but not at that price.Well not for me it wouldn't anyway.
Let me see, one NSX-R or one of the last 12 NSX's AND a 996 GT3 for track fun.
For me that would be a no-brainer.

Cheers,

Ivor.

Rob_Fenn
16-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Ah, but common sense went well out of the window some time ago!

Again, a Type S sounds like a good car... but lets face it, the Type R is the dream car. The only problem is its not like you can just test drive one is it! Our NSX did have the Type R suspension for a bit and yes, it was hard, but that was on an NSX not designed for that suspension so i'm not sure how fair it was to judge it.

Can i confirm there is two about then? I don't suppose Chiswick imported them or it was actually 'Honda UK'? I'm sure there was two... so if poss i'd like to get in touch with them.

Thanks for your no. Sudesh... will drop you a line.

Ferris Bueller
16-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm fairly sure there is only one NA2 TypeR and fuzilov has it. It was imported by Honda who had so many problems that when someone else enquired as to how they did it they responded with something along the lines of "don't even think about it".

Lankstarr
16-07-2008, 05:54 PM
There were a couple of NA1 NSX-Rs here for sure (not any more) so , unless different rules were about back then someone must have gone through the procedure then.

Good luck to both of you, if it comes off then I'll be interested in a hassle free purchase from you a few years down the line:laugh:

L*

Sudesh
16-07-2008, 06:07 PM
There were a couple of NA1 NSX-Rs here for sure (not any more) so , unless different rules were about back then someone must have gone through the procedure then.

Good luck to both of you, if it comes off then I'll be interested in a hassle free purchase from you a few years down the line:laugh:

L*

There was different rules quite a while back, and from memory SVA didnt exist until Mid 2001. I have imported loads of cars over the years, been doing it since about 1996, and still do as a hobby. I have a few TYPE-R Civics and DC5 on route and looking at some other stuff too.

Senninha
16-07-2008, 06:37 PM
There were a couple of NA1 NSX-Rs here for sure (not any more) .........

One is owned by Fusilov here on NSXCB, the other went back to Japan.

As Ivor said earlier, it was being offered at some silly prices a few years back. I'd guess that if it was for sale it would be less than importing one, which is estimated to be ITRO £70-£80k for a clean low miler in white.

If I was in a position to do so or even inclined to do this, I would get on a plane and go have a look. I would also be looking for almost any color other than white!

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
16-07-2008, 08:31 PM
So you don't like white then Paul, why? :)

I read about a white NA2 Type R for sale at 100K a couple of years ago in the back of Autocar I think :eek:, not sure if its Fuzilovs? Yes one was HUKs now Fuzilov's and the other was returned back to Japan. As for NA1s, one was Ary, then Bazza & a new owner now and the other is owned by a well known car buff (name escapes me) who owns a dark green Mac F1 and apparently keeps the NA1 at the Ring.

markc
16-07-2008, 09:01 PM
As for NA1s, one was Ary, then Bazza & a new owner now and the other is owned by a well known car buff (name escapes me) who owns a dark green Mac F1 and apparently keeps the NA1 at the Ring.

Mr "Flemke"'s NSX-R is also Charlotte Green and his F1 is a non metallic mid Blue. Here's a pic of it (the F1) and Fusilov's NSX-R on the front cover of the 100th edition of evo magazine.

Mark

Silver Surfer
16-07-2008, 09:07 PM
PH'er Flemke!

SS

Ferris Bueller
16-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Mr "Flemke"'s NSX-R is also Charlotte Green and his F1 is a non metallic mid Blue. Here's a pic of it (the F1) and Fusilov's NSX-R on the front cover of the 100th edition of evo magazine.

Mark

He also has a standard NSX.

He's a man of taste.

Also has a number of other cars including Carrera GT, 959, 993 Turbo etc etc etc. I believe he has a business interest in Manthey so he could well leave a few cars out there.

Senninha
16-07-2008, 09:31 PM
PH'er Flemke!

SS
Yes, the very same. And James, his NSX-R doesn't live at the 'ring but I do know where it is. Maybe you were thinking of Barry's ITR that he used to leave there?

Ferris Bueller
16-07-2008, 09:33 PM
So you don't like white then Paul, why? :)

I read about a white NA2 Type R for sale at 100K a couple of years ago in the back of Autocar I think :eek:, not sure if its Fuzilovs?

N***R was the Honda press car. Autocar's Steve Sutcliffe ran it for a while before it was sold to a private owner. AFAIK this is the car Fuzilov has now.

TheSebringOne
16-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Thats it Flemke the name!, the one to do with PH!, thats it a dark blue Mac1, NA1 Type R here in the UK & mixed up with Bazza's ITR at the Ring! My memory gone awol! :D Can't find the said 100th Edition of Evo to have another re read about Fuzilov's car! :(

Senninha
16-07-2008, 09:41 PM
N***R was the Honda press car. Autocar's Steve Sutcliffe ran it for a while before it was sold to a private owner. AFAIK this is the car Fuzilov has now.

Yep, thats the one

And James, ref the earlier comment about white, its not that I dont like white, its just that in Japan they came in many colors including LBBP, IOP, Black, Red and with so many replicas all painted white, if I were to go tothe trouble of getting one then I'd want it in a limted color, probably Black or Silverstone with black half leather trim as also offered in Japan.

Also, go and search out Flemke's posts on PH and read all about the chassis mods and wheel upgrades he has done on the F1, truly amazing levels of details. His write ups on the NSX make for good reading too.

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
17-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I was told that Flemke planned to respray the NSX-R to CW... I was also told he kept it at the ring so who knows!?

L*

simonprelude
17-07-2008, 06:57 AM
I heard the White story, then decided that he really did like Green.
I thought it was the other NSX that was kept out at Nurburg, not the type-R

I was told that Flemke planned to respray the NSX-R to CW... I was also told he kept it at the ring so who knows!?

L*

simonprelude
17-07-2008, 07:15 AM
..........wrong thread :(

markc
17-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I think you may have linked to the wrong pic there Simon?

I have seen Mr Flemke's F1 in the flesh and it is truely a beautiful, magnificent, amazing, awsome thing... and when he fired it up... OH-MY-GOD!

We were both refueling our cars in a Shell station (with V-Power of course) at the time and during a brief chat he was very nice about my car, and NSX's in general, as well :)

Cheers

Mark

Rob_Fenn
17-07-2008, 11:55 AM
To clear it up then, of the two NSX-Rs brought by Honda, one went back and one is owned by our own Fuzilov?

Senninha
17-07-2008, 12:20 PM
To clear it up then, of the two NSX-Rs brought by Honda, one went back and one is owned by our own Fuzilov?

Unless someone has brought one in and no-one knows about it then to the best of my knowledge thisis correct

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
17-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Are you sure there were two brought in?

L*

Senninha
17-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Are you sure there were two brought in?

L*

Yep, as both were at Chiswick together and one point. The one that went back to Japan was without A/C, radio, airbags. The one that Fusilov owns has these fitted.

markc
17-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I think Detlef said that there were 2 NA2 NSX-R's in Germany. They were allowed to be registered for press duty/purposes but could not be registered for private German ownership.

These cars were either going to have to enter private collections or go back to Japan. If the former, perhaps one or both could make it throught UK SVA on the basis that Fusilov's already has?

Here's a pic of one of the German cars...

Cheers

Mark

AR
20-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Guys if you are that keen buy a cheap 02 get and NSX-R Engine and ECU, Wheels, Suspension, and some trim. Sell the regular parts and I am sure you can have a real replica if there is such a thing, for less than 50K.

Don't knock it until you tried it, but what if you already did...:)

Just my 2p of course.

WhyOne?
21-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Or you could make life really difficult for yourself, and use a Targa as your starting point....this is one of my favourite NSX stories - astonishing dedication to the cause / bewilderingly large bank balance (at least it was before he started!!!):

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:m3CFr0_5ofIJ:www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D61106+NSX+type+r+conversion&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

Senninha
21-07-2008, 10:30 AM
....this is one of my favourite NSX stories .......
This really is quite amazing ... but then I dont think the guy is short of a few $$ as he owns one of the ex-Schumacher Benettons.

At least he appears to have kept this one unlike the NSX-Rt that Ryan built then sold with only a few hundred miles recorded. Apparently he was worried about damaging the end results. IIRC, eh sold of most of the R parts and returned his T almost to stock, taking something like a $20k hit in the process :no:

regards, Paul

WhyOne?
21-07-2008, 01:06 PM
... but then I dont think the guy is short of a few $$ as he owns one of the ex-Schumacher Benettons......

This is true.

The picture of it parked outside his house makes it look so incongruous, but at the same time incredibly cool!

Ah, what I'd give to have an F1 parked in my garage at home.

(Or more accurately, oh to be rich enough to afford to have an F1 car parked in the garage at home and SWMbO not to complain!)

Lankstarr
21-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Now that's dedication!

$37k we wouldn;t have to spend with the roof conversion!

$30k for a 3.8 holy shizzle

If that car came up for sale I'd think about buying it and converting it to RHD:laugh:

L*

TheSebringOne
21-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Thats got to be the most amazing story to date where someone will pay anything to get near as possible to NA2 Type R in the LHD & the States! Gob smacked reading it, apart from the obvious roof conversion, I like the bit where body work guy handed painted each fender bolt manually! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

NSX 2000
22-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi Rob, hope you and your dad are well, have you done anymore racing this year?

Guys if you are that keen buy a cheap 02 get and NSX-R Engine and ECU, Wheels, Suspension, and some trim. Sell the regular parts and I am sure you can have a real replica if there is such a thing, for less than 50K.

Don't knock it until you tried it, but what if you already did...:)

Just my 2p of course.

With regards to Ary's comments above I think he has a valid point, IIRC Honda in Japan do a refresh programme (the car goes back to the factory and new parts can be fitted, a bit like what Aston do) so taking Ary's idea a step further by on 02+ car here in the UK ship it to the Honda factory in Japan ask for the typr r treatment, ship it back.
What do you think?

Paul.

dan the man
23-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Paul...

id love to know the cost of that in total !

NSX 2000
23-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Paul...

id love to know the cost of that in total !

Dan, we would need to check first that Honda (Japan) are still doing the refresh programme. I guess Hirofumi would know???

Rob_Fenn
23-07-2008, 03:44 PM
That is an awesome thread, remember it well.

Well we're still interested in an NSX-R despite the annoyances, maybe not this year though! I will have to speak to Sudesh and Barry about it further.

markc
23-07-2008, 08:01 PM
With regards to Ary's comments above I think he has a valid point, IIRC Honda in Japan do a refresh programme (the car goes back to the factory and new parts can be fitted, a bit like what Aston do) so taking Ary's idea a step further by on 02+ car here in the UK ship it to the Honda factory in Japan ask for the typr r treatment, ship it back.
What do you think?

Paul.

Sending a standard car back through the refresh program, if it still exists, is the closest you'll ever get to an original factory NSX-R but it still won't be an original factory NSX-R and won't attract the same collector status and value as one in the future. Like it or not only an original from the factory NSX-R chassis will ever be properly collectable.

As we've said before, you can add as many original NSX-R parts or even superior (quality) parts to a standard car but it will only ever be a modified standard NSX. Importing an original has to be way forward, particularly a >10yr old NA1 NSX-R.

As for the chap who converted his US spec T to an R, one word... nutter :-)

Mark

AR
23-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Sending a standard car back through the refresh program, if it still exists, is the closest you'll ever get to an original factory NSX-R but it still won't be an original factory NSX-R and won't attract the same collector status and value as one in the future. Like it or not only an original from the factory NSX-R chassis will ever be properly collectable.

As we've said before, you can add as many original NSX-R parts or even superior (quality) parts to a standard car but it will only ever be a modified standard NSX. Importing an original has to be way forward, particularly a >10yr old NA1 NSX-R.

Mark

I disagree, as if you buy a collectors NSX-R you can't drive them. Our cars never went for more than they go for in Japan. So unless you wan to keep it in an unmodded state in a glass capsule and Zymoled up to the nines IMHO it makes no sense.

As special as the R is it will never be "your" version and I don't klnow about the rest of you, but I can't leave a car stock.

Cheers,

Ary

NSX 2000
24-07-2008, 01:39 PM

Mark

Mark

I see where you are coming from but feel the idea would be still worth while, as the amount of times I've seen a base car converted to the iconic collectors car and then sold pherhaps not for the same amount as an original but not far off.

So to do the sums

02+ NSX................£35,000 (say)
Shipment to and from Japan.......£3000
Cost of works to car.........£22000 (this is a guess as when I was approached by chiswick as a potential buyer of a UK NSX R back in 2002/3 they said it would be about £75k(this is when Honda were putting out feelers to see if it was worth while))
Total............£60,000

As people are talking that the end price is going to cost you £80k to £100k if you import an original from Japan then I think the above represents good value IMO.

Paul.

Lankstarr
24-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I bet that wouldn;t include an NSX-r engine though would it!?

+£12k if you can find one! (I think procar still has one!?)

Senninha
24-07-2008, 02:36 PM

I think he has 2 as he's running with his tuned 3.0 at present! Also has a race spec 6-speed box available ....

Lankstarr
24-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I think the 3.8 would have to be the way to go... pushing 400bhp NA must be a good 100 over the stock NSX-R engine:eek:

Kevin
24-07-2008, 05:09 PM
You know that SoS don't do 3.8 anymore. There were too many problems. They got hushed up on Prime, as everyone thinks SoS is the best thing since sliced bread.

I think the 3.8 would have to be the way to go... pushing 400bhp NA must be a good 100 over the stock NSX-R engine:eek:

markc
24-07-2008, 08:16 PM

Do we still think they're any differant then? ;) Even if they are, it's only a worth a few (single digit) hp's.

AR, the problem with modding any standard car is a) the car is always worth less than the sum of the parts and b) very often worth less than a bog standard car at resale. Like you I find it hard to resist adding a few "improvements". The trick is to retain all the original parts and keep it reversable.

IMO even a well used genuine NSX-R will attract a very significant premium over an equivelent standard car, particularly as they get older. You could still modify/enhance one, bigger brakes would almost certainly be on my list and they need an exhaust just like all NSX's, without killing it's value.
Just don't do anything extreme/daft like fit a widebody kit or a modified low compression (pistons) turbo engine kit. Save those types of mods for an older standard car.

Cheers

Mark

jaytip
24-07-2008, 08:16 PM

I would like to see some dyno figures,it may not be THAT much more powerfull,just blueprinted.

JQD84983
24-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Just my opinion, and bearing in mind with travel I have only managed 300 miles in my NSX , but from first impressions I don't crave any more power, and not sure I have the talent to exploit more than the chassis I have. :cool:

I do love the NSX-R white/black look and interior touches so I can see the appeal.:)

But at the end of the day a copy is just that and personally I would prefer a straight standard car to a copy. But I have seen some really nice cars shown on this forum with modifications.

The debate is purely down to everyones own taste I guess.

Anyone know how many NSX-R's made it to the UK?

John

AR
25-07-2008, 05:25 AM
Just don't do anything extreme/daft like fit a widebody kit or a modified low compression (pistons) turbo engine kit. Save those types of mods for an older standard car.

Cheers

Mark

I agree, but once again one is a collectors piece the other a fun car.

Cheers,

Ary

dan the man
25-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Thing is tho to keep an NSX-R as a collectors car is daft to me...

after 30 years you would say damn i wish id have driven it more as now there is no more petrol and the whole petrol engine thing i should have enjoyed. And so what if u loose money..why the hell are on earth for..to enjoy ourselves before we snuff it

If u had a good looking woman would u preserve it? or try to get into the sack :D

NSX 2000
25-07-2008, 08:23 AM
If u had a good looking woman would u preserve it? or try to get into the sack :D

Or in your case Dan try and make her sick :laugh::laugh:

markc
25-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Thing is tho to keep an NSX-R as a collectors car is daft to me...

I quite agree, mind you to use one as a daily driver would be equally daft, and wearing one out just doing the daily commute would be a bit of a shame (as well as uncomfortable).

Just like similar(?) even higher performance derivatives of "standard" cars that we've discussed before (2.7RS, Integrale, 360CS etc) they're best left for more occasional use when the occassion/journey/weather/mood or combo of all the above will make it a pleasure :)

Mark

AR
25-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I quite agree, mind you to use one as a daily driver would be equally daft, and wearing one out just doing the daily commute would be a bit of a shame (as well as uncomfortable).

Just like similar(?) even higher performance derivatives of "standard" cars that we've discussed before (2.7RS, Integrale, 360CS etc) they're best left for more occasional use when the occassion/journey/weather/mood or combo of all the above will make it a pleasure :)

Mark

I can only hope that one day I can buy another NSX-R for those purposes.

Cheers,

Ary

TheSebringOne
26-07-2008, 07:14 PM
We know of 4, 2 NA1s & still here, 2 NA2s, one still here brought off HUK by Fuzilov here & the other sent back to Japan! NA1 own by Flemke off PH & other by Bazza here (VtecDirect) & AR before, before sold on. HTH

amo
26-07-2008, 09:41 PM
well id go all out wide body and low comp do what makes you happy not what ppl think cos thats when you stop livin

enjoy
thx amo

dan the man
26-07-2008, 10:39 PM
well id go all out wide body and low comp do what makes you happy not what ppl think cos thats when you stop livin

enjoy
thx amo

true..ill add LOL to that! :)

Papalazarou
29-07-2008, 12:43 PM
The more I think about what it is to be alive, the more I think how crazy it is to even entertain buying something that you're afraid to use either for fear of depreciation or crash damage, tying up large amounts of money for little enjoyment? Seems pointless when you could be having a life.

Cheers,

James.

Lankstarr
29-07-2008, 03:51 PM
The more I think about what it is to be alive, the more I think how crazy it is to even entertain buying something that you're afraid to use either for fear of depreciation or crash damage, tying up large amounts of money for little enjoyment? Seems pointless when you could be having a life.

Cheers,

James.

The words "Simon" and "fossil" spring to mind and I'm not talking about his age...

markc
29-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Cheers,

James.

Chaps, I didn't say don't use it (an NSX-R), my view is rather, if your going to use it use it properly. There's about as much point in using an NSX-R for as your only daily driver as using a Landrover Defender for trackdays or a G-Wizz for continental touring :)

I think the collectors/museum piece was introduced along the way...

I disagree, as if you buy a collectors NSX-R you can't drive them. Our cars never went for more than they go for in Japan. So unless you wan to keep it in an unmodded state in a glass capsule and Zymoled up to the nines IMHO it makes no sense.

As special as the R is it will never be "your" version and I don't klnow about the rest of you, but I can't leave a car stock.

Cheers,

Ary

I agree, but once again one is a collectors piece the other a fun car.

Cheers,

Ary

Taking this thread completely off the original topic, I was at the "Silverstone Classic" last weekend and it was great to see lots of extremely valuable, some considered priceless, cars being used just as their makers intended and in many cases raced in as much anger as they did when brand new :)

What about this for a parc ferme (1st pic) and yes the dork next to the Porsche 962 is me :)

Cheers

Mark

AR
29-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Mark it looks as if you done some weight reduction of your own!

simonprelude
29-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I hope you don't mean my car that has covered around 10k a year since I've owned it ;)

The words "Simon" and "fossil" spring to mind and I'm not talking about his age...

NSX 2000
29-07-2008, 09:30 PM
What about this for a parc ferme (1st pic) and yes the dork next to the Porsche 962 is me :)

Mark, you're not supposed to admit to these things!!

Plus why are you standing next to a poor mans car!!! You should be standing next to HONDA!!!!

I feel you are entering the darkside my son.

And before you start I know it's a 9 Blah Blah Blah one of the most successful sports cars of all time.

dan the man
30-07-2008, 09:34 PM
LOL at paul

markc
30-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Mark it looks as if you done some weight reduction of your own!

Really? Maybe a little bit, been doing less salad dodging of late :)

Mark, you're not supposed to admit to these things!!!!!!

Doh... just accepting the inconvienient truth really :)

Plus why are you standing next to a poor mans car!!! You should be standing next to HONDA!!!!

That was a certain Mr D Bell's car, I've heard he used to be quite good and even won the odd race or two ;)

Actually there wasn't a single Honda entered (or eligable?) in any of the race categories!!! Also, no representation from a Honda Club and I didn't see any Honda of any description in infield parking... so I picked one that looked nearly as fast as an NSX :)

Mark

Rob_Fenn
16-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi Guys,

Is there a list of Japanese garages that tend to sell NSX-Rs?

Currently i know of Route KS, Vogue Sports and the ones on Car Sensor. Currently only Route KS are selling facelift ones.

Also, is anyone on here (Sudesh?) able to talk Japanese? I am thinking of perhaps going over there to see cars in the flesh.

Cheers,
Rob

A.S. Motorsport
16-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Garage Kite head a 02-R for sale a few months back don't know if they sold that one.

Boomin33
16-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Is there a list of Japanese garages that tend to sell NSX-Rs?

Currently i know of Route KS, Vogue Sports and the ones on Car Sensor. Currently only Route KS are selling facelift ones.

Also, is anyone on here (Sudesh?) able to talk Japanese? I am thinking of perhaps going over there to see cars in the flesh.

Cheers,
Rob

I've got a Japanese friend who went to Uni in the UK who lives back in Japan now. He helped me bring over about 10 cars between '02 and '05. fluent Japanese and good English.

If you are serious and need a translator/contact... I'd be happy to put you in touch.

He's in the motor trade, but on the Mechanic Shop side; not sales.

Rob_Fenn
17-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the offer. Nearer the time i may get in touch for further help then ;)

WhyOne?
17-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Also, is anyone on here (Sudesh?) able to talk Japanese?

Kaz readily springs to mind....

Rob_Fenn
17-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Kaz has already PMd :)