PDA

View Full Version : Senna memorabilia.

Ferris Bueller
14-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Like many others I was at Goodwood at the weekend. I spent a few hours looking through the trade stands when something caught my eye.
Long story short, I bought this:-

Ferris Bueller
14-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Doh, wrong forum. Sorry.

TheSebringOne
14-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow! A few quid well spent, Hope its destined for a pride of place on the mantle piece & are you going to have a special stand made to hold it up? Thats off a Lotus JPS and must be a spare number piece? :)

Senninha
15-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Long story short, I bought this:-

Hi Ferris,

Interesting item. I've looked at similar items but never taken the plunge. I'm trying to work out which variant its from. To my knowledge the side pods changed at least 3 times whilst in JPS livery.

Looking closely at the part I'm torn between the long and short sidepods. Having a guess I suspect its from a short variant (due to the shaped lower edge) with the number on the monoque aside the driver rather than the outside of the pod?

Well done and look after it. I remember making a Senna related purchase at the 04 FoS which hangs proudly on my office wall.

regards, Paul

simonprelude
15-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Like probably a few people on here............

I have absolutely no idea what it is.
Any pictures of it on a car ??

WhyOne?
15-07-2008, 08:07 AM

Can't pin down which car it is from, but this picture of I took of Bruno Senna at Goodwood in 2006 shows the location of the part reasonably well:

simonprelude
15-07-2008, 10:49 AM
That's cool then, F1 car in kit form, just a few more pieces to get then ;)

Ferris Bueller
15-07-2008, 10:54 AM

Sorry, more info.

In 1985 Senna moved to Lotus to drive their 97T. In that year he won 2 GPs, including his first win at Estoril in a rain storm. That year he also won at Spa, set 7 pole positions and led many races, the unreliable Lotus, and the odd mistake such as running out of fuel in Imola while leading, costing him a stab at the World Championship.

As mentioned above the part is from a JPS car. It's actually from a 97T from 1985 and indeed one raced by Ayrton Senna (He used two of the four chassis built that year).

Picture of a similar part in situe here:-

http://www.jpslotus.org/97/97t-auto2001-2.jpg

As you can see, the number is only displayed in three places on the car, on both sides and on the nosecone.

http://www.jpslotus.org/97/97t-lotus2004-1.jpg

You can find various 97T parts around the place but the fact these parts have the number on removes any element of doubt that it is from Senna's car.

WhyOne?
15-07-2008, 11:46 AM
And here is what was left of the car once they had sold off the body parts piecemeal! ;)

Ferris Bueller
15-07-2008, 03:14 PM
And here is what was left of the car once they had sold off the body parts piecemeal! ;)

At the risk of being an ubernerd, I could be wrong but I think that's a 98T ;)