PDA

View Full Version : Number plates, simple design or not?

TheSebringOne
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270254214267&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Cheap number plates.

Thinking seriously about an NSX reg for my Silver beauty, but do I go for simple design which is understated or with all the fancy bits, ie GB country code, letter design (font), borders & personal bits (own slogan) on the lower part in the border? I always like simple design like one I already have, which I will swap to my daily drive! :)

amo
12-07-2008, 08:09 PM
mate just get a rear 1
thats all u need

thx amo

AR
12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270254214267&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Cheap number plates.

Thinking seriously about an NSX reg for my Silver beauty, but do I go for simple design which is understated or with all the fancy bits, ie GB country code, letter design (font), borders & personal bits (own slogan) on the lower part in the border? I always like simple design like one I already have, which I will swap to my daily drive! :)

You need T1 NSX on that car!

Hint...:)

eclipse1501
12-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Whichever you end up with I really can't recommend this firm highly enough. I had them make up a quite small front plate for me (some pics on my garage) which I think would not last more than a week with the bobbies on the UK streets - here I have no problem so far.
http://www.yourplates.co.uk/

Senninha
13-07-2008, 01:54 PM
You need T1 NSX on that car!

Hint...:)

This in a legal font with the blue GB band to the left is all you need ... then get it out of the garage and drive the damn thing! ;)

regards, Paul

Ewan
13-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Personally, I like the simpler plates - and got a set made up for the NSX at http://www.platecreator.com/designer/ ... standard front plate with no surround/badges, oversided rear plate to fill the space in the rear bumper (520mm x 125mm) with a simple black border and the words "www.nsxcb.co.uk (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk)" along the bottom (well, what the hell).

Ordered online without needing to faff about with proof of ownership, cost <£25 delivered and they arrived within 3 days.

Can't say fairer than that :)

Ewan

AR
13-07-2008, 06:28 PM
This in a legal font with the blue GB band to the left is all you need ... then get it out of the garage and drive the damn thing! ;)

regards, Paul

I can't mine is on a K, but T1 is available LOL!

Senninha
13-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I can't mine is on a K, but T1 is available LOL!

I know that you donut :overhead:, but this was to James :)

(when does the 02+ break cover then Ary?)

regards, Paul

AR
14-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I know that you donut :overhead:, but this was to James :)

(when does the 02+ break cover then Ary?)

regards, Paul

Soon...well my version of it.

But there is another bit that is more tasty than the body...:)

Senninha
15-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Soon...well my version of it.

But there is another bit that is more tasty than the body...:)

ITB's ?????? My guess for the 'tasty' bit

Ary 02 version .. Mmmm.. sourcery bumper/lights maybe ... rear valence and big high wing ???

When will it be ready ... I might just have to come and grab a sneak preview buddy!!

regards, Paul

Auto Spirit
15-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I've just ordered my plates for my new J90 NSX reg - I'm having them done in the 'nsx.ttf' font which looks awesome - we'll see how long I can go it before I get pulled over...

AR
15-07-2008, 09:21 PM
ITB's ?????? My guess for the 'tasty' bit

Ary 02 version .. Mmmm.. sourcery bumper/lights maybe ... rear valence and big high wing ???

When will it be ready ... I might just have to come and grab a sneak preview buddy!!

regards, Paul

Paul you are warm :)

I think it will be a couple of months before I am done with it.

I am still deciding (trying to convince the wife) that the car needs a new colour, be it Championship White, Pearl White or ...Verde Ithaca Mic 2CT!!!

TheSebringOne
15-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Championship white with a CF Type R rear spoiler would be tasty! :thumbsup:

AR
15-07-2008, 09:42 PM

It would but I don't just wanted tasty, I want it chilli hot! :)

AR
15-07-2008, 10:13 PM

Hi mate your PM is not working???

Senninha
16-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Paul you are warm :)

I think it will be a couple of months before I am done with it.

I am still deciding (trying to convince the wife) that the car needs a new colour, be it Championship White, Pearl White or ...Verde Ithaca Mic 2CT!!!

http://www.supereplicas.com/oldweb/images/0077.jpg Pearl metallic flue green Verde Ithaca Mic 2CT *0077
CW is too obvious, Pearl is to 80's and as for the Lambo Green, err, not for me.

If you're going the way I think you might be ;), then have you thought about Matt Black as a finish? Its new, not been done on an NSX, and would work with CF if you have any in mind? Would still work well with your TE's as their color would link subtely to the highlights in any CF.

Just some ideas for you to consider

regards, Paul

WhyOne?
16-07-2008, 08:32 AM
have you thought about Matt Black as a finish? Its new, not been done on an NSX, and would work with CF if you have any in mind?

Interesting idea....and I agree it would look good.

Matt & satin paint finishes seem to be very much in-vouge at the moment - a number of cars at Goodwood this weekend were painted in these finishes.

One thing which mistifies me though, is how you look after them. Having spent most of the last 15 years trying to keep my cars as shiney as possible, I am at a loss as to how you would look after a matt finish.

Earlier this year I saw a Manthay Porsche GT3 finished in a very dark matt grey. It looked fantastic until you inspected it closely - all sorts of marks on the paint - the sort of thing which would easily rub-out of a standard paint finish - a remedy that I strongly suspect would be catastrophic on a matt paint?!

Senninha
16-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Interesting idea....and I agree it would look good.

Matt & satin paint finishes seem to be very much in-vouge at the moment - a number of cars at Goodwood this weekend were painted in these finishes.

Earlier this year I saw a Manthay Porsche GT3 finished in a very dark matt grey. It looked fantastic ..........

SOmething like this one I saw at the 'Ring .... looked really really good! As to keeping it clean, a few of us were discussing this and are all unsure what you would need to do differently to the usual 'gloss' finish. Maybe a call to Tangoman?

regards, Paul

jaytip
16-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Its new, not been done on an NSX, and would work with CF if you have any in mind?

Maybe not in the UK but it's definately been done.

simonprelude
16-07-2008, 01:13 PM
The Ruf at Goodwood looked very good in the Matt Black finish :)

Senninha
16-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I bow to your better knowledge Ivor :)

That second photo could be a before and after for Ary if he goes with the Matt Black.

I have to say that I think the Matt really suits the NSX lines! A real head turner IMO

regards, Paul

jaytip
16-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I have to say that I think the Matt really suits the NSX lines! A real head turner IMO

regards, Paul
Totally agree.It looks very menacing :evil: especially with the wide body kit.

Silver Surfer
16-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Shouldn't cleaning be easier as it doesn't need to shine?!?
you wouldn't know it is 'dirty'.
My runaround has a permanent 'matt' finish as it is covered in ****e.

SS

Lankstarr
16-07-2008, 05:59 PM
If you're not satidsfied that CW is special enough then is there a white which has some sort of flip or tint to it to mke it a bit more special?

A few extreme cars are coming in Matt black now, jury's still out for me but I'm not liking it too much at the moment. It could be one of theose things that goes out in a couple of years and you;re left with a colour very hard to sell and if you;re keeping it something you may want to respray.

CW is the sensible option as we all know how much more an NSX-R is worth in white. I still wish I'd brought that NA1 NSX-R in Scotland and sprayed it white!

L*

WhyOne?
16-07-2008, 07:59 PM
The Ruf at Goodwood looked very good in the Matt Black finish :)

The Ruf at Goodwood was satin silver!

Senninha
16-07-2008, 09:35 PM

man that car looks very 'ruff'!!!!!! I hate what they have done to that car.

The Ruff's of old looked almost OEM bar a set of black and polished rims ... in fact IIRC, they used to run their demo cars in matt finish to put potential punters off of buying them! How times change .....

TheSebringOne
16-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Ary, my pm seems ok? I've changed one of the settings, so should be ok now? :)

Lankstarr
17-07-2008, 05:54 AM
James,

Back to number plates I think T1 is your best bet. You don;t take away from the age of the car and you can;t get a better T registration.

If you;re lucky, Ary will let you have it for less than £5k;)

L*

simonprelude
17-07-2008, 06:49 AM
D'oh, was close, meant to just say Matt finish (or Satin even) but I really liked it anyway.

simonprelude
17-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Here's a photo in the light.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3223/2675963767_98bfae554e_o.jpg

How did this go from number plates to Matt / Satin cars anyway ??

TheSebringOne
17-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Looks like a GT2 front, with a stretched Cayman rear! Don't like the rear, but I assume its all in the name of aerodynamics! There was a blue Ruff I think in Evo mag last year? with the roof lowered, which was aiming to break the Bug's top speed record!

TheSebringOne
17-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry, its not a Ruff! Its a 9ff! :)

http://jalopnik.com/388902/9ff-gt9-hits-254mph-still-not-worlds-fastest-car

simonprelude
17-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Is that different, thought a 9ff was a Ruf ??
Ignorance is bliss :)

Sorry, its not a Ruff! Its a 9ff! :)

http://jalopnik.com/388902/9ff-gt9-hits-254mph-still-not-worlds-fastest-car

TheSebringOne
17-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Thought so Simon! :D

simonprelude
17-07-2008, 06:04 PM
They're all just a Porsche that's driven into a German Halfords to me, must admit, the '9ff' one was growing on me.

Thought so Simon! :D