PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor waterproof cover

MattS
26-04-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking about buying a tailor-made outdoor cover for the NSX.

I've got a reasonably fitting cover at the moment, but even with some modification it still flaps around in the wind and can't be doing the paint much good. The car's in a very sunny spot and that black roof is going to take some serious UV over the summer!...

Has anyone got a tailor-made outdoor NSX cover? If so where did you get it and is it any good? I've seen a few for sale for about £200-£250 both here and in the US (a bit cheaper, but +VAT and shipping).

Thanks,

Matt

modarr
26-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey Matt,

I've got one, its called a g.a.r.a.g.e.
Bit like the outbuilding you store your gold bullion in. :wink:

BrownBear
27-04-2005, 07:33 AM
How about one of these?

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1045

http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_main.aspx

http://www.speedyperformanceparts.com/performance/brand.php?make=acura&year=1998&model=nsx&partname=car_cover&brand=covercraft

I used to have one but gave it away, so I can't remember where I got it from (it wasn't OEM, though)

HTH

MattS
27-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks Joe - I have looked at these websites but was hoping someone could say "I bought....such and such... and it fits really well, is well made and doesn't scratch the paint or billow too much in the wind" etc etc..

I might just have to get rid of that gold bullion and wine!

NSA
04-05-2005, 09:11 AM
I just got a car cover delivered from Dali Racing. It's listed as an outdoor cover but doesn't feel waterproof. Will be back in 2/3 weeks and I'll let you know how it fits / works. Was $168 plus $70 shipping.

Car cover is grey, very heavy, has fluffy inside and has NSX embroidered on the front. Also comes in a matching bag with NSX on that as well. Took about 5 days to ship.

MattS
04-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Thanks. I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts.

ctrlaltdelboy
04-05-2005, 09:25 AM
I just got a car cover delivered from Dali Racing. It's listed as an outdoor cover but doesn't feel waterproof. Will be back in 2/3 weeks and I'll let you know how it fits / works. Was $168 plus $70 shipping.

Car cover is grey, very heavy, has fluffy inside and has NSX embroidered on the front. Also comes in a matching bag with NSX on that as well. Took about 5 days to ship.

I have this cover - it's oem and fantastic quality and fit, but it can in no way be described as an outdoor cover in the UK climate!! - would probably be fine in sunny San Diego, but not here in blighty.

I also have the lightweight cover from Dali - details here (http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1462) - this is MUCH more an outdoor cover and although it is probably not 100% waterproof, it can't be very far off.

MattS
04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Thanks Darren,

So what's the lightweight cover like with regard to fit and quality etc? Have you had any problems with it scratching your car? Does it 'billow' much in the wind?

I'm not too worried about the car getting dirty and wet, it's really the sun that I'm trying to protect it from. Maybe I should rub some Ambre Solaire into its glistening curves?! :lol:

Thanks, Matt

trackdemon
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Same questions from me too Darren, and for same reasons. I'm sure the car can deal with a bit of precipitation but I'd like to protect the paintwork a bit better as well as stopping the car getting so dirty from one week to the next.

ctrlaltdelboy
04-05-2005, 05:12 PM
sorry guys - I haven't actually tried the lightweight cover yet

I'll dig it out of the shed and give it a whirl though - possibly this weekend

I'll grab some pics when it's on and post some feedback

trackdemon
04-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Cool, please do let us know how you find it. I get the impression that you don't use it, so if it passes the test 8) and it really is surplus to requirements I'd certainly be interested in taking it off your hands.

cheers,
Steve

charlie:one
05-05-2005, 06:51 PM
hi all got this 1 six months ago had no problems nigel