PDA

View Full Version : Wind Noise

Driver Matt
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Does anyone else suffer from excessive wind noise from the window seal or the top of the door at speeds above 130mph ?

Silver Surfer
08-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I'll be concentrating too hard on the road at that speed to notice any noise!?! ;):no:

SS

eclipse1501
08-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Count me in on that....I noticed my doorseal (which is 17 years old) looks a bit dry in a couple of places too, like it might be thinking about perishing, and then when its hot here the passenger window actually sticks to it and stops it opening completely :eek:

NoelWatson
08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Does anyone else suffer from excessive wind noise from the window seal or the top of the door at speeds above 130mph ?

Not even at an indicated 170 at Brunters

TheSebringOne
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
170mph, is that GPS verified? thought that wasn't achievable at recent maxing sessions last year? Think 150ish was the max but think the warm conditions didn't help, in addition humidity, wind & length of track etc

Think you have a window seal prob unless youv'e turned down your VTEC at 130! :D

Me cannot hear anything apart fromn VTEC heaven at ??? :eek:

Sudesh
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Wind noise could also be due to the plastic door memberane behind the door panel being perished or split somewhere, also the window could need re-aligned so it stops the wind passing between the seal and window.

Lankstarr
09-07-2008, 06:18 AM
I wouldn;t say excessive but at that speed I certainly get a bit. My brother in law's 350Z gives wind noise after about 100 - I think it's just a characteristic of frameless doors.

If it really is excessive then check the gap between the winow and the roof when the door is closed... you shouldn't see much rubber (if any) and reallignment of the window may help if it is really out (I wouldn;t have a cluse how to do this though!)

L*

simonprelude
09-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes around 130mph, the window can be adjusted to stop this, however I view it as a wake up call if the speed has gradually crept up that high :)

NoelWatson
09-07-2008, 11:22 AM
170mph, is that GPS verified? thought that wasn't achievable at recent maxing sessions last year? Think 150ish was the max but think the warm conditions didn't help, in addition humidity, wind & length of track etc

Think you have a window seal prob unless youv'e turned down your VTEC at 130! :D

Me cannot hear anything apart fromn VTEC heaven at ??? :eek:

It was 162 through timing beams. I am waiting to be beaten before adding my mods.

666NA1
10-07-2008, 04:24 AM
agreed...suffered from the same problem a while back...

amo
11-07-2008, 07:56 AM
hi mate i was on my private road 130+ and got some wind noise
pull some of the door frame rubber out and then force it back in i used a large flat blade driver as i had been messing around with the b pillers covers the rubber to the top of the door became loose and found out after
once done should not get any wind noise

thx amo

Boomin33
18-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Yep on my '03. always, since I've had it. I'd say around the 120 for me, and it's pretty significant.

would be interested in finding out how to adjust the window.. as it is annoying.

Nick Graves
01-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I recommend treating all the rubber seals with Holt's silicone & Rubber lubricant; at least once a year.

It gradually soaks in and replenishes the VOCs that evaoprate.

With the S2000, water leaks occur if the seals dry out.

You may need to rub in several coats over a few weeks, if it's 17 YO and a bit neglected!

If the seals start sticking, they will split and that's expensive.

Also works a treat on the usual squeaky suspension bushes and driveshaft gaiters!

And those black plastic bits that go brittle...