PDA

View Full Version : Clutch/Flywheel coming over from US. any add ons?

Boomin33
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey guys,

Ordering my Flywheel this evening/ tomorrow the latest and having stuff shipped over from the us.

looking at

Flywheel: $1800.00 (dual Mass)
Disk: $310.00
Plate: $375.00
Bearing: $165.00

Plus shipping, customs charges, and any other unforeseen costs

Anyone interested? I could check and see if I could have multiple parts sent... no promises... but thought I'd ask.

Boomin33
07-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Ok. price just went up to $2050 as I'm getting one in Florida which is much closer to my shipper..

Buying tonight for a Wednesday delivery... so maybe just ignore this post!

amo
07-07-2008, 06:21 PM
let me know how much it is in total
im hoping to go over may be sep or nov

thx amo

AR
07-07-2008, 06:28 PM
let me know how much it is in total
im hoping to go over may be sep or nov

thx amo

Not good for you G as you need the twin clutch, or a strong non OEM option.

Boomin33
07-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Chiswick called me today telling me toget my car off their ramp a.s.a.p.

Cheapest qoute I got was from FrankMotors in Cali = $1579.00

I ended up going with an Acura dealership in Clearwater florida at $2050 ( including sales tax )

done.

will be in my hands next Monday.

nigel
09-07-2008, 12:05 AM
You paid way to much. You need to check the price for the complete assembly as it is offered from Honda from Ray Laks Acura in New York, U.S.
Call JR, (888-RAY-LAKS) sort out the shiping and i'll bet you'll be closer to $1450 U.S. plus shiping. That's a little over 750 quid.
I'll call him tomorrow and get a price for sure and get back.

Cheers
nigel

simonprelude
09-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Can you check that's for a 1997+ 6 Speed, if so I'll be ordering one :)

You paid way to much. You need to check the price for the complete assembly as it is offered from Honda from Ray Laks Acura in New York, U.S.
Call JR, (888-RAY-LAKS) sort out the shiping and i'll bet you'll be closer to $1450 U.S. plus shiping. That's a little over 750 quid.

Cheers
nigel

Boomin33
09-07-2008, 07:27 AM

Cheers
nigel

C'est la vie.

as they say. It was still a hell of a lot cheaper than the best price chiswick Honda gave me of $4000.00 for the flywheel.

plus... couldn't get my Discover credit card to work (address problems), so a company in Florida I'm affiliated with just picked up the tab; which means for all intensive purposes, I got it for free. ;)

TheQuietOne
09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Can you check that's for a 1997+ 6 Speed, if so I'll be ordering one :)

Me too....:D

nigel
09-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I'll give him a ring and get back with a post hopefully this afternoon, local time.

Cheers
nigel

nigel
09-07-2008, 09:42 PM
To all concerned.
I rang JR at Ray Laks Acura and here's what he said,
The clutch for a '91-'96 is $1350.00 US, no VAT, about 690 squids, I didn't ask about the '97 on. If someone wants me to, no problem. Last week when I looked the pound to the US dollar was 1.98 to 1, that's nearly half price for you lads and that includes the complete assy. plus the throwout bearing.
The flywheel is $1800.00 US. About 900 quid. Ouch. He said there is almost no reason to have to change it unless it has been completely bollicksed up. You can take it to most any Honda or any reputiable dealer and they should send it to the shop where they have theirs flywheels trued and machined for about 20 quid, around forty or so dollars US, (that's what they charge at their Acura dealership).
The other thing is, he said he can't ship to the UK any more so you would have to buy it from him, have him ship it to a friend or to me, which is free, and I will ship it no problem.
He said the assy. weights about 45 lbs, a little over 3 stone. You could make a call or I could to the shipper of your choice, he sugests the USPS, (United States Postal Service)(he said USPS.com) and off you go.
I'm in Palm Beach, Florida so it won't have to go all the way from California with the possibility of one of those pillicks getting involved and adding some kind of healthy, tree hugger tax.
Glad to help out. Just give a p/m or ?
If you have a six speed,('97 and newer over here) I need to know if you have the dual or single plate clutch assy. You have the option of getting the adaptor from somewhere like Chris or Josh at Science of Speed or Dali or Barry or.... and installing the dual clutch system,('91-'96) in the six speed.
It's cheaper and it performs better as well. Just a personal thought.

Cheers
nigel

nigel
10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I rang JR at Ray Laks Acura today and got the '97 and on prices. The clutch kit comes complete with the throwout bearing AND the flywheel for $2300 US. It's the same weight as the '91 thru '96, just over 3 stone, so freight would be the same.
Still, I would think about installing the '91 thru '96 with the dual discs, you just need the adaptor to make it fit. It's a piece of piss as you'll have it torn to bits for the new install anyway. Barry might be a good place to try for the adaptor as he can get damn near anything. Don't forget how bollicksed up the dollar is so it might be best to get one from SOS if he can't get one and save a few bob.
I'll ring JR again tomorrow and see if you can get the clutch kit without the flywheel as well and save a few pounds.
If I can help let me know.

Cheers
nigel

Senninha
10-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Nigel,

Thanx for making all the calls on our behalf. Can you see if there is a $$ saving if we GB on a few of these. I'm thinking 4 at least, poss 6. Keen to know if they will supply minus the flywheel for the 97+ 6 speed single plate

Thanx, Paul

amo
11-07-2008, 07:51 AM
hi mate
thx for the info nice to know keep you in mind if and when i need anything

thx amo

nigel
11-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Talked to JR at Ray Laks Acura again today and he said you can order the '97 and on clutch assy. WITHOUT the flywheel for $650 US complete. The pound was 1.97 to 1 this morning.
If your present flywheel isn't all bodged up you can have it checked for trueness for 20 or so quid and carry on. It's no problem to remove a few thousandths if it's the first time.
Hope this helps and don't hesitate to get ahold if I can help.
A side note as I like helping the lads and Barry has always done brilliant for me, maybe someone in need could see if he would at least match JRs price to keep our money in the family not forgetting JR has been absloutely brilliant to me over the years and I always tell my mates to go to him for their bits and pieces.
He has in stock the hard to get '91-'92 keyless entry systems as well. The boys at Prime have been druling over them but they were out of production or some such rubbish and JR and Tim managed to scrounge some up. He said they want $369 US. A little pricy for me but it was offered as an option so I want to get one.

I'll get with JR on monday to see if they will reduce the price if you buy four or possibly six clutch assys. and post then.
The number at Ray laks Acura in New York is 1-888-729-5257 in case anyone wants it. I'd like to know if it's toll free from the UK.
Maybe someone could help me find the part numbers or pages from the parts listing for a complete headlight washer system as i still can't seem to locate one from a breaker or elsewhere. Thought the lad from Australia had one to sell but still no response. Maybe it won't be to much to just buy one.

Cheers
nigel