PDA

View Full Version : Mods - oh no

markdas
07-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Guys,

Not sure if anybody saw my car at JAE but it was probably the most standard unchaged one there I think.....1995 etc etc....and I swore that when I bought it in March it would stay that way......well.....today I stumped up the cash and bought an awsome GT Xtreame Exhaust.....will try and get a picture of it up soon and some sound files cos its bloody amazing!!! So thats the engine mesh cover and the exhaust....oh the slippery slope!!!

Mark

amo
07-07-2008, 02:46 PM
lol go on mate

standard for sissyyyyyy

have fun
thx amo

AR
07-07-2008, 04:48 PM
There it goes mate I dare not say how much I've spent on my current car but those who knopw me will know that I am close to what I sold the R for!

No wonder the call it the go fast "crack pipe"!

Have fun, you can't take it with you, so enjoy it now!

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I just dont get this modding bug :laugh:

markdas
08-07-2008, 01:55 AM
I know.....I thought I had it out of my system after spending maybe 8K on modding my GTO Twin Turbo......

Actually AMO, the exhaust is your fault.......I was the guy behing Ivor (Jaytip) and we both followed you out of the services and onto JFest! Your bloody exhaust noise through that tunnel was defening!!! Awesome sound! But dont worry I am a long way from changing my NA1 to your spec!!!

Agree, life is too short and there are no pockets in your coffin.....luckily I have a petrolhead wife who thinks the same!!!

Will get some pics up when I can
Mark

Kevin
08-07-2008, 10:09 AM
There's a lot to be said for a standard car in really good condition.

Yes my car isn't standard but can't help feeling a little bit chavvy when making lots of noise through towns etc. Also giving someone when giving someone else a ride, they must think NSXs must all be hard, crashy, noisy, hot, uncomfortable cars.

I am now spending even more money to put the car back a little more standard.:rolleyes:

I still say Markc has the best in terms of a car that copes with occasional track use, but still nice for everyday use.

Kevin
08-07-2008, 10:09 AM
How exactly? I thought you've just been ripping parts off it to make it lighter?

There it goes mate I dare not say how much I've spent on my current car but those who knopw me will know that I am close to what I sold the R for!

No wonder the call it the go fast "crack pipe"!

Have fun, you can't take it with you, so enjoy it now!

Cheers,

AR

markdas
08-07-2008, 10:38 AM
And thats the dialema,

Mine is very low mileage 34000 FHSH etc and very clean everywhere. But the exhaust really is a bolt on affair as you know....if I replace the bolts with stainless, the exhasuts can be changed out easily and the mesh engine cover is better than the parcel shelf I think...

Suspension will stay standard though, I didn't like Teins on my Mitsubisi and I dont think the NSX looks any better lowered.

ButI better not say too much more, in case it comes back to haunt me!!

AR
08-07-2008, 10:01 PM
How exactly? I thought you've just been ripping parts off it to make it lighter?

Headers
Exhaust
Test Pipes
Wheels and Nuts
Tyres x 2 sets
Honda Service ( £ 3,320 )
Honda parts fro service from US
Clutch Kit ( not installed )
Interior ( £££ )
NSX-R Engine cover and engine dress up area
NSX-R Chassis Bars

Plus a few other goodies on the way from V-Tec Direct.

Easier done than one thinks, specially if one wants top quality stuff. I have not included parts that I try on for a week and sold!

TheSebringOne
09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow Ary thats serious weight shedding! Are you getting new wheels or keeping your nice new gold Volks? Would be great to know what the car's new weight once all the changes have bee completed. :)

AR
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Here is where it was:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showpost.php?p=41242&postcount=13

Cheers,

Ary