PDA

View Full Version : NSX private plate or not!?

TheSebringOne
26-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi Guys N Gals! With Luke's thread re private plate for sale on fleabay, I was thinking about buying one myself? Need your cranium & thoughts on:

1. Do I need one to tell me & the public that I own a NSX?
2. Keep the non petrol head or the masses guessing what my car is?
3. If I get one, how much should I spend?
4. Go cheap as poss, ie DVLA? or get something more special/dearer?
5. Get one and it should help me sell her in the future (god forbid!)
6. Carry on using my current plate and save my hard earned dough?

Thanks for reading, sorry Luke with my Qs again!! :D

dan the man
27-06-2008, 05:59 AM
Id keep your private one on James. Car still looks exclusive with it

dan the man
27-06-2008, 05:59 AM
Or buy

J17 MYO of the DC2 forum... JDM YO !

eclipse1501
27-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi Guys N Gals! With Luke's thread re private plate for sale on fleabay, I was thinking about buying one myself? Need your cranium & thoughts on:

1. Do I need one to tell me & the public that I own a NSX?
2. Keep the non petrol head or the masses guessing what my car is?
3. If I get one, how much should I spend?
4. Go cheap as poss, ie DVLA? or get something more special/dearer?
5. Get one and it should help me sell her in the future (god forbid!)
6. Carry on using my current plate and save my hard earned dough?

Thanks for reading, sorry Luke with my Qs again!! :D

Ive noticed a lot of Hispanic, South American and USA people travelling over here in Iberia seem to recognise the NSX at a glance (my own is an Acura). The NSX seems to be a powerful statement in its own right. That said I do think a PP that refers to the car itself, like NSX plates do, are very nice and a bit like another form of detailing/mod - which we all take some pride over - so why not? I do also think it gives the impression to a future buyer that you took care of "every" detail. A Spaniard at the car wash only last week commented to me about my MSX plate. Plates that refer to the driver on the other hand (like 1M ADIK) can be seen as a bit pretentious can't they?

TheSebringOne
27-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks guys, I'm thinking of transfering my private plate to another car I'm buying soon and getting a NSX plate for my P & J ! Thinking at 250 squids from DVLA, it could be worth it! Plenty there as the car is rare!

Last Q. You don't think the boys in blue are more likely to book me rather than be more lenient, if my NSX wore a plate with NSX on it?!? If you catch my drift?

TheSebringOne
28-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry Matt, Please can you transfer this to the General section with your special fingers! Tireness took a hold if me when posting this thread! :D

Auto Spirit
29-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I've just bought into the NSX plate club - picked up J90 NSX from dvla for 250 quid to go on my 1992 JDM Marga Hills beauty!

Boomin33
29-06-2008, 10:21 PM
sounded like a great idea... but closest I could get was AM03ADK... maybe I'm missing the obvious.

could get AM04DYK for the wife... but besides (unlike mine, of course) untrue... I drive her car quite a lot.

or maybe YO03ADK for £800 will get more love?

or better yet, for that SoCal ganster look... AK04SEV

as in... it was a good day... didn't have to use my AK.... forty-Seven --- only £250... seriously consideration on that one!

what do you think! will people get it?

---- monday a.m. update - how depressing.. a hip-hop wannabe useless employee of mine didn't get it when I put it in front of him. so I guess outside of SoCal, just won't work.
When he did get it, he said it would just be asking to get shot at. ;)