PDA

View Full Version : Center Console Removal / Coolant Temp Sensor

eclipse1501
25-06-2008, 10:01 PM
The self diagnostic on my AC system tells me fault code D is the Coolant Temp Sensor...and its been a problem with my AC for a while. From the drawing provided from the on-line manual on Prime (below) Iam not sure whether its a center console out job or can anybody tell me either from experience or judging by the drawing if they think it might be accessible in any other way? Thanks again Duncan for the advice so far.

duncan
26-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't know.
A post on the prime forum would probably get a response from Briank which would tell you. To take the centre console out is not difficult, see the current thread running on our forum, see also the Q&A section on prime for a discussion on how best to avoid any damage.
Takes about 10 mins to remove the console, both the radio and the a/c controller are screwed into place and can then be easily accessed and removed, so no unpleasant heaving or springing needed.

Midnight Blue
26-06-2008, 12:08 PM
It will be centre console out, the temperature sensor and the small fan behind it are screwed to the ashtray unit, which in turn is screwed into the consol from the back.

Regards,

Andy

britlude
26-06-2008, 05:25 PM
errr... make sure you are looking for the COOLANT TEMP SENSOR, which will be near the COOLANT somewhere, as opposed to the interior air temp sensor which is attached to the centre console, beside the ashtray!

eclipse1501
26-06-2008, 05:49 PM
errr... make sure you are looking for the COOLANT TEMP SENSOR, which will be near the COOLANT somewhere, as opposed to the interior air temp sensor which is attached to the centre console, beside the ashtray!

The In-Car Temp Sensor is in section 22-16 of the NSX manual, the one you mean, thats Fault Code A. Typical my AC has shown up fault Code D, the sensor right at the back behind the console. Iam an expert on fault codes and manual page numbers if nothing else...except sweaty of course.:eek:

britlude
26-06-2008, 06:53 PM
i know, i was refering to other comments

anyway, it appears to be inside the car, so the console will have to come out, along with the radio, acc, and long arms!!! it is well buried, i don't think you'd get to it from the side!

22-67 shows the heater/evaporator unit is about as far forward as you can get!

eclipse1501
27-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Don't they do "keyhole" surgery these day? Besides with a regular 36 degrees here daily in the afternoon my forearms are getting that sweaty they will probably slip in pretty easily:angry: