PDA

View Full Version : Yes! I've bought a new Imola

Jetpilot3
16-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Hehe...after finishing my +02 Conversion on the exterior and interior of the 91 Berlina Black I've gone and sold it to my mate Arfiman here in Dubai.

He loves my car and we worked out a great deal for the two of us...

Now I've gone and purchased a lovely 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx which happens to be:

-One of 49 made between 2002 and 2005
-1 of 8 made with the Onyx interior
-the only one made in 2002!
-Only 1 was made in automatic
-41 have the Imola Orange Pearl/Imola Orange interior

It has 9,196 low miles and all of the original paperwork. My thread on Prime is here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1015685#post1015685

Can't wait to get her back to Dubai!:)

P.S. The brand new Bride Brix II seats are for sale! Used for 3 weeks...LOL Asking 7000AED plus shipping including rails!

Senninha
16-06-2008, 02:50 PM
HI,

Had just finished reading about the finished interior then stumbled on your IOP thread ... that has to be one of the fastest aquisition/upgrade/resell of an NSX in history!

Still not sure about the red roof lining and pillars, but love the dash and door cards.

COngrats on moving swiftly to buy your 'keeper' of an NSX. if a similar spec Silverstone was availabel here I might be tempted to change out my NSX.

Like the choice of rims for the IOP, I'm curious as to what else you might have planned. Alcantara dash and doors would be unique and add a modern update, but I guess such a 'new' NSX should stay fairly OEM?

Its going to seem like forever waiting for it to arrive, but I'm sure it will be worth every minute.

regards, Paul

Jetpilot3
17-06-2008, 06:00 AM
Paul,

The only plans I have for the car are the wheels, suspension, exhaust, and installing my double din headunit. That's all!

It was fun working on the interior in the 91 but this Imola is absolutely pristine so I plan to keep her that way.

I won't receive the car until August sometime... ;(

markc
17-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Hey Jetpilot, IOP rule's :)

The wheels you're going for are a bit similar to my spare, for track day, ones (17/18 Kahn RSR's) which I've since had refinished in a darker Type R like hue.

See some pics below for an IOP "fix" to tide you over until August...

Notes..
No that handsome devil is NOT me in the first pic
That is the Stelvio Pass (North side) in the background of the 3rd pic :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of you new ride.

Cheers

Mark

WhyOne?
17-06-2008, 09:59 AM
That middle picture is excellent - showing off the colour better than any other I have ever seen!

markc
17-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Hi WhyOne, bright sunshine certainly brings the colour to life. The pearl content makes it vary from a light gold to quite a deep orange as the light falls on the differant angles :)

I observed to Jetpilot (on his Prime thread) that the Dubai sunshine will bring out the best in the colour. Sadly we don't get it (sun) as often here and that pic is about the only one I have of my car in bright sunlight :(

Mark

WhyOne?
17-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Circuit Blue is also a pearlescent colour (though if I am honest, not as successful as the IOP).

The chap who re-finished the paint on Y1 explained to me the difference between metallic & pearlescent paints - metalics have 'flakes' of colour suspended in the paint, whereas 'pearls' have little coloured spheres.

Not a lot of people know that!

(Well, I didn't anyway!!!)

Ian
:)

Jetpilot3
17-06-2008, 04:30 PM
This is her at the dealership...I can't wait!!!http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Jetpilot3/DL4.jpg