PDA

View Full Version : Senna vs Schumacher at Suzuka

Senninha
14-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Well almost! I'd not seen this before and thought I'd share with all.

Someone has inset Schumi over Senna on a qualy lap. If only the current day Honda was this close to the Ferrari.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OrpYIq0NbFM&NR=1

I enjoyed it, hope you do too.

regards, Paul

goldnsx
15-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Very impressive, look how wildly the steering wheel of Sennas car shakes compared to the ferrari, a ride on the cannonball versus a sight-seeing tour.:D

Monaco92
15-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Impressive how a car with manual gears, no power steering & inferior aero package is just as quick as a car with paddleshift gears power steering and very sophisticated aero to name just three areas.

Therefore its fair to summise one car has a more talented driver that can makeup the difference.:D

jaytip
15-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Impressive how a car with manual gears, no power steering & inferior aero package is just as quick as a car with paddleshift gears power steering and very sophisticated aero to name just three areas.

Therefore its fair to summise one car has a more talented driver that can makeup the difference.:D
.....but i think it's also fair to point out that Senna's car would have had much better grip with slicks

Monaco92
15-06-2008, 09:44 PM
.....but i think it's also fair to point out that Senna's car would have had much better grip with slicks

Yes that is true. However we could argue that Senna's car had a heavier fuel load as there was no refueling then, and the cars ran full from the start.

But more interestingly sennas lap was in 1989. Shumis is possibly 2004 therefore 15 years of deveopment in F1 and hardly any difference in lap time?

Senninha
16-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Yes that is true. However we could argue that Senna's car had a heavier fuel load as there was no refueling then, and the cars ran full from the start.

But more interestingly sennas lap was in 1989. Shumis is possibly 2004 therefore 15 years of deveopment in F1 and hardly any difference in lap time?

I'm pretty sure this is from one of Senna's legendary qualification laps. So he would of been on minimal fuel load BUT maximum boost.

Either way, both are masters of their respective machines and driving them to their engineered limits.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
17-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Amazing clips comparing two true masters of their craft! Two generations of two of the greatest! I would loved to have seen more of them duelling had Senna not had his accident and become a legend too soon. I know who was working the wheel the hardest and its not in the prancing horse :)