PDA

View Full Version : Removing engine cover ?

AR
14-04-2005, 11:09 AM
If one was to remove the engine cover will one need to replace the hoses with UV resistant ones ?

Do have any of you taken it out ?

Where will one store the targa if it is one once this is gone ?

Cheers

AR

jaytip
14-04-2005, 04:45 PM
i don't think you need to change the hoses if you take the engine cover off,having said that if you are going to show the engine off,it may not be a bad idea to get some stainless or coloured hoses anyway.

as for the targa(sorry,T-top :wink: ) i think you have to leave the engine cover on for the top to fit into the holder?(Joe?,any other targa owners?)

ctrlaltdelboy
14-04-2005, 06:26 PM
http://www.darrenferneyhough.com/images/nsx/eng4.jpg

AR
14-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Cheers guys, that is what I thought, I am set on getting a manual targa and I am trying to get everything worked out in my head.

BTW ctrlaltdelboy Have you a list of mods you've done to your engine/car ? That engine bay looks like what I have in mind.

Does anyone have a favourite among Air intakes ? Or is it better left alone ?

The Cantrell Concepts AIS from SOS looks good but it seems quite dear.

jaytip
14-04-2005, 08:05 PM
AR,
i have to smile when i read your posts.i think most people who buy an NSX live with it a little while to find out what they like/dislike about the car and THEN start to mod it to their tastes.
Man i take my hat off to you!! you are going hell for leather getting all these aftermarket parts before you even buy the car.Before you go and buy too much,live with it for a bit when you get it and you may find you won't want to alter much at all.after all you can always buy them at a later date.i wouldn't want to see a fellow NSXer spend a lot of money on mods to then decide he doesn't want to fit them considering the cost of some parts on these cars.
So stop spending on the mods and get the car.then come to the meets and meet everyone else :D

ctrlaltdelboy
14-04-2005, 09:21 PM
AR click the My NSX link in my sig for a list of mods or just check out my other posts here, particularly the photo galleryt

AR
14-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Believe me I can't wait until I get it. I was in the process of buying one last year, when my work vehicle was written off :( so I did the responsible thing and spent £ 25K on another one work car.

So as you can probably tell by the nature of my posts I am quite excited about getting this car and meeting you guys.

Unfortunately due to the nature of my business I am busy from May - Until September so it will be hard to sell my current car and buy the NSX, but if Mr.Hyde rears his ugly head anything could happen.

So I am aiming to have at least the basic parts that need changing on a 3.0 NSX, headers and the exhaust, I have the 3.0 type R chip :D thanks to another board member and trying to work out a few deals on prime.

I know you are right jaytip I should live with it before I mod it, but is like finding the perfect wife and she's got the wrong hair color, you know you love her, but it wont be long before a trip to the hairdresser is due. As soon as I buy the NSX it will be straight to the garage to change the exhaust manifold and the exhaust because I do not find the NSX factory exhaust as nice as the growl my 300ZX used to have.

Many thanks for the link Darren, just when I thought I had thought of everything. :D