PDA

View Full Version : Tyre pressures!

TheSebringOne
07-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I know theres another thread about this, this is slightly different! When a car been left unused in a garage for 3 months with approx 10-40 miles use, how much tyre pressure do you lose? Both fronts stay the same at 33, but 1 rear down from 40 psi to 26, but 1 down to half at 20! Your thougths please :)

NB. The rims were restored after they were damaged when new tyres changed in Feb 08, I think they may have broke the beading in order to respray.

dan the man
07-06-2008, 05:23 PM
just one of those things pal in it..some tires loose some dont..just adjust and vtec :)

TheSebringOne
07-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Cheers pal, why the fronts stay the same & rears deflated alot? Maybe the weight of the engine/gearbox at the rear? Also having a higher psi in the rear means more chance of losing air than lower psi for the front? Maybe the fact these are not oems, have uprated from 245 to 255, plus when I had them fitted, they say the maximum psi recommended by GY was only 33 psi? Gona check them in a few days or wait a week to see how much lost.

dan the man
07-06-2008, 07:01 PM
as lojng as not fully deflated or at 10psi dont worry about. some tyres loose and some dont..

and 33 psi..nah that cant be right for a maximum!