PDA

View Full Version : West end on Saturday - supercar central...

Boomin33
02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Went into London on Saturday afternoon with the wife.

Saw loads of incredible cars around West End area; all on route to New Bond Street.. I go in pretty regularly but it was really crazy to see so many in a 20 minute period. Usually it's 1 or 2.

2 - 360's, 1 430, couple of Astons, Bentleys, 3 Gallardo's... not to mention............
hearing a monster from the distance that came up alongside me on Park Lane, yes, it was a ZondaS

Not to diminish her ride, but unfortunately we were in the wifes SC430 convertible [Exhaust issue not sorted yet :( ] so wasn't able to show off the IOP.

The only one I looked at with a bit of envy - were the Gallardo's
I'd have to say a big, yes

maybe in 2 or 3 years.. when they hopefully drop down to the £40-£50K region?

simonprelude
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Probably won't be that long with the current economic climate :(
They are starting to drop below £70k now.

maybe in 2 or 3 years.. when they hopefully drop down to the £40-£50K region?

WhyOne?
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
The big issue for me with the Gallardo are the running costs - I have heard some horrific sorties about clutch longevity & price!!!!

Boomin33
02-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Probably won't be that long with the current economic climate :(
They are starting to drop below £70k now.

i know, I know... I check out PH every couple months... drooling.
I think that by christmas 2010 there will be some sub 20milers for nearer £50K ?
Yes, it may cost me £150 in petrol for a round trip to London by then... but man what a awesome looking/sounding car.

NoelWatson
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Weybridge is good for supercar spotting - due to

1. Wealthy on St. Georges Hill
2. Roush nearby (saw one in local petrol station)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Ford-GT-5.4-V8-Roush-600-RE/225806/

3. Brooklands (had Auto Italia Spring Festival earlier in the month)

Boomin33
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
The big issue for me with the Gallardo are the running costs - I have heard some horrific sorties about clutch longevity & price!!!!

Was it Paul who was talking about someone being on their 3rd clutch by 7000 miles?

At the right entry price, I don't think that would put me off...

GT40... unfortunately can't ever see them dropping very low in price... so will sadly probably die, never have had the pleasure of having one :violin: :cry:

WhyOne?
02-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Was it Paul who was talking about someone being on their 3rd clutch by 7000 miles?

At the right entry price, I don't think that would put me off...

Not sure...but Leigh mentioned a chap who had £20k of unwarrentied work done (mainly clutches IIRC) in 12 months!!!!!!!!!!

Boomin33
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Not sure...but Leigh mentioned a chap who had £20k of unwarrentied work done (mainly clutches IIRC) in 12 months!!!!!!!!!!

Now that puts thing into perspective... :eek:
just ridiculous.

cheers mate... another shattered dream

WhyOne?
02-06-2008, 06:55 PM
cheers mate... another shattered dream

Never stop dreaming!

The good news is Lambo (or more likely Audi) have recognised the frailalty of the Gallardo clutch and are now fitting a more rhobust unit.

The running costs are never going to be cheap, but perhaps a little more managable.

NSXGB
16-06-2008, 03:13 PM
....my mate has had his first clutch done @ around 3000 miles....

NSX 2000
07-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I was in the Kings Rd on Saturday and spotted this parked up on a meter. (UK 57 plate reg)

jaytip
07-07-2008, 10:02 PM
And how many people are looking at it,........none.Awesome ability but very ugly.

dan the man
08-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Yes, it may cost me £150 in petrol for a round trip to London by then... but man what a awesome looking/sounding car.

for a trip to LONDON? shouldnt u be buying smart car for that ? :)

Cars like that should be bombing out of london.. to the ring or some other amazing road :D

markdas
08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I worked in London for 5 months last year and was put up in central hotels and used to spend my time car spotting like a school boy to keep me out of the pubs! Around Park Lane there is a Bently garage I think and I saw my first Veyron in there! Also saw a wonderful Ferrari convertible sat outside the hotel get a parking ticket (Dubai plates) then saw a very annimated Japanese young guy (maybe 25) come out, rip the ticket off shout at basicaly the entire street in Japanese, got in to his car, lowered the softtop, went to power it away in very cool fashion and promptly stalled it!!!

I am still quite happy to pitch up in an NSX should the occaision ever arise.....certainly beats the appeal of any 911, Ferrari (despite being lovely) GT40....Zonda is amazing but try getting it into Tescos!

Cars are so lovely!!!

Senninha
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
And how many people are looking at it,........none.Awesome ability but very ugly.
Just what I was thinking looking at the photo ... and to a petrolhead this would be of more interest as its particularly rare being in a solo color finish.

I genuinely think that an NSX would get more attention parked in the same spot, being so low and classy and ever so rare a sight.

I too used to look to the Gallardo as a possible next move, but having played against them and parked next to them, I'll be sticking to the NSX!

WhyOne?
08-07-2008, 11:44 AM
At the Breakfast Club the other weekend I would be forced to admit the Veyrons I allowed to park next to Y1 (!) did attract a little more attention :(

dan the man
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
thats a 2million quid sex sandwhich for your NSX..lucky girl! ha

TheSebringOne
08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I see a Bug quite regulary here in Manchester outside a Hotel. First appeared about 2 years ago, it the bergundy/black one that Evo mag uses with reg no B1. Great to see one when it appeared back then & especially when a Red Enzo was parked next to it when England footy team stayed there! The bug does'nt do much for me, but I have more respect for a Mac F1 & I love to see one in the metal :(