PDA

View Full Version : New video camera mount accessory

Kevin
21-02-2004, 10:01 AM
I've added a video camera mounting system to my harness bar. Drilled two holes into the bar, and welded in two threaded bosses. Then made up a camera platform in 6061 T6 aluminium. Video shot using this, will be posted up soon too. Now I'll have video proof of my track exploits!

OmeN
01-05-2004, 03:45 AM
If you went to http://www.b-hague.co.uk you can buy one that is a suction onto ANY non-porous surface :)
I use one in my car works AMAZINGLY, and I use my videos in project work.

DamianW
01-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Yep I have the suction mount from b-hague. Bought for my Elise but never really got chance to use it (well, tried using the first one they sent me, but it only last half a lap of donington before falling off, so sent it back). Yet to try fixing it to the NSX, but I have a feeling it might be too big for the internal rear window.

Kevin
01-05-2004, 10:11 AM
For motorsport use I don't know if suction mounted cameras are permitted. I also have a strap which ties around the camera and mount so it can't move.

DamianW
01-05-2004, 11:39 AM
For motorsport use I don't know if suction mounted cameras are permitted. I also have a strap which ties around the camera and mount so it can't move.

I doubt they are. Its track dependent whether you can even use them on track days, e.g. Donington was fine but Silverstone wouldn't let me.