PDA

View Full Version : Ivan (chiswick) has defected

Boomin33
29-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Unfortunately Ivan, who knew very little (technically) about NSX's but seemed a nice guy & sold quite a few NSX's over the years - Went to Lexus at the turn of the year... I'd say spit, vomit, poo.. but I've got a lexus, and it's nice. :)

but, not before buying a 04 (red) and 05 (Silver/Grey? from Honda UK) for too much £'s - that they are pretty pissed off about

Deal(s) to be had... but not targas... or I'd considered an bad offer on the grey one.. 20K miles

NoelWatson
29-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Unfortunately Ivan, who knew very little (technically) about NSX's but seemed a nice guy & sold quite a few NSX's over the years - Went to Lexus at the turn of the year... I'd say spit, vomit, poo.. but I've got a lexus, and it's nice. :)

but, not before buying a 04 (red) and 05 (Silver/Grey? from Honda UK) for too much £'s - that they are pretty pissed off about

Deal(s) to be had... but not targas... or I'd considered an bad offer on the grey one.. 20K miles

He was still at Chiswick at the start of April as I had a chat with him

Boomin33
29-05-2008, 07:23 PM
He was still at Chiswick at the start of April as I had a chat with him

o.k. well maybe I got the leaving date wrong...

NoelWatson
29-05-2008, 07:24 PM
o.k. well maybe I got the leaving date wrong...
Are you sure about the red one as it was for sale at Chiswick in April 2007 when I got my LBB?

Boomin33
29-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Are you sure about the red one as it was for sale at Chiswick in April 2007 when I got my LBB?

sat down with Richard for a little while and talked the NSX market.

He said Ivan had made a couple NSX buys ( sounded very recent ) that they haven't had any luck shifting.

They sent the Grey one to auction recently and it came back unsold. guess that depends on their reserve price?

He did say they have a line of S2000's that normally fly off the shelves and that they aren't shifting at all. Not a good sign of the times.

baton down the hatches.

Senninha
29-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Ivan was certainly there in the Spring as we bought a late CRV from him over the winter and popped in for some warranty work ....

If the Silverstone was a Targa I might have to bid against you Rob ;)

As for the S2k's, I wonder if Honda has confused the market with too many tweaks in recent times? 04 facelifts look good value @ £15 but the later ones dont offer enough over the 04 IMO to justify the extra £££'s

NoelWatson
30-05-2008, 07:13 AM
sat down with Richard for a little while and talked the NSX market.

He said Ivan had made a couple NSX buys ( sounded very recent ) that they haven't had any luck shifting.

They sent the Grey one to auction recently and it came back unsold. guess that depends on their reserve price?

He did say they have a line of S2000's that normally fly off the shelves and that they aren't shifting at all. Not a good sign of the times.

baton down the hatches.

I think they may be overpriced. I recall the red one going for not much more than 38k last year, and it was up for around 40k when I went a few months ago.

Boomin33
30-05-2008, 08:51 AM
I think they may be overpriced. I recall the red one going for not much more than 38k last year, and it was up for around 40k when I went a few months ago.

The red one was at £38,995
Silverstone £44,000

Dennis is the new NSX "guy"

I didn't test the waters at all, but figure £40K would take the Silverstone.. maybe £38K?
if you let them finance it :)

Red one £35K ?

I was told they are getting very keen to shift them.

jaytip
30-05-2008, 02:16 PM
The red one was at £38,995
Silverstone £44,000

Dennis is the new NSX "guy"

I didn't test the waters at all, but figure £40K would take the Silverstone.. maybe £38K?
if you let them finance it :)

Red one £35K ?

I was told they are getting very keen to shift them.

If these are indeed indicative of current market prices then us face lift owners are going to lose a fortune on our cars :(

NoelWatson
30-05-2008, 02:47 PM
If these are indeed indicative of current market prices then us face lift owners are going to lose a fortune on our cars :(

I guess it is all relative. When you think that a 4 year old NSX with average miles is still getting >50% of list, this doesn't seem too bad. I wonder if the Cayman would be any better. I wouldn't expect to get a great deal more than 32k for my 2004 46k LBB. (not that I'm selling it!)

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=14668&plate=75

Boomin33
30-05-2008, 03:37 PM
[quote=NoelWatson;44397]I guess it is all relative. When you think that a 4 year old NSX with average miles is still getting >50% of list, this doesn't seem too bad. I wonder if the Cayman would be any better. I wouldn't expect to get a great deal more than 32k for my 2004 46k LBB. (not that I'm selling it!)

I wouldn't sell my for that right now... unless I was desperate to sell, I guess.

Having said that : in the current market, you are probably about right with regards to realistic offers one could expect. once all the haggling is over with ;)
I think this year is going to be an eye-opener (with so many people looking to shift and seamingly few qualified buyers... )

luckily, can't see mine being for sale for another 18 months - 2 years earliest. What would it be worth then? £24K - £25K? I'd love to say otherwise, but these are usually pretty consistent facts of life, eh?

simonprelude
30-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Well I don't see why a good early car will ever go below £15k, a late car £20k, an early 3.2 £22k, late 3.2 £26k, early fixed headlight £27k and one of the last cars £35k.

Just my opinion and of course all above relates to well cared for manual UK cars only.

Current early 3.2 prices are still higher than above, with late ones significantly higher.
Still some depreciation I guess, early 3.0s should now be depreciation free.

Papalazarou
30-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I agree with Rob to a point; this year is going to be interesting.
However, the NSX has always been a niche car and will always have a strong following. A large number of NSX owners post on this site and quite often, cars advertised here have been bought by members.
There's definately a supply problem with these cars as opposed to other marques such as Porsche, Ferrari. Obviously this issue will only get worse.

If there are 300 cars left in the UK, how many out of that number are actually worth owning?
Since I've been a member of NSXCB there has been a lot of cars written off quite badly, rebuilt then stuck on Ebay.
Basically, if you want a good car especially if you're after a manual, it's going to be a struggle to find one.
For those wanting a specific colour/age/mileage it could be a long wait.
I think the NSX will always be a good investment, especially late pop-up cars with good history. I imagine facelift cars will continue to fall a little each year until they end up around the same figure as the late 3.2 pop-ups.
However, this will no doubt be confused by the history and spec of a given vehicle. If you must have a certain car you'll have to pay. On the bright side unlike some other marques at least the NSX is mile resistant......328,346,355 with 80K miles anyone? What about an early 996?

Just my .02p

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
30-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Nicely put James...the only thing I would add is that the rarity of clean cars is compounded by those owners that appear to be holding onto cars for longer ....

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
30-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Nicely put James...the only thing I would add is that the rarity of clean cars is compounded by those owners that appear to be holding onto cars for longer ....

regards, Paul

... and I would add that if you spend £10k on bits like Paul has then you're likely to be able to achieve at least a few hundred quid more and hence help deter depreciation.
Now go forth and mod like h3ll you crazy b1tches... modding prevents depreciation!

L*

Nick Graves
07-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Went to look at those when they first came in.

The Red is missing its front bonnet rubber seal and the bumper/bonnet are not very straight.

The Silver has a crap bumper shutline you can see on the photo.

Sorry, I'd expect better for the price.

The lovely Charlotte Green on SoR was a far tidier car; a slightly wonky engine cover and age-related tiredness in the engine bay would be easy to fix. I feel so ashamed that I just cannot get on with that colour. Almost felt sorry for the poor thing sitting there.

Shame Ivan's gone though; he was great for a good Honda chat and a day out tyre kicking.

AR
08-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I guess it is all relative. When you think that a 4 year old NSX with average miles is still getting >50% of list, this doesn't seem too bad. I wonder if the Cayman would be any better. I wouldn't expect to get a great deal more than 32k for my 2004 46k LBB. (not that I'm selling it!)

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=14668&plate=75

Is the miles that hurt the value, some foold seem to forget that NSX at over 100K miles still kick ass. :)

Cheers,

AR

kowalski
08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Is the miles that hurt the value, some foold seem to forget that NSX at over 100K miles still kick ass. :)

Cheers,

AR

Tottally agree! there just getting nicely run in at 100k!

leigh

Silver Surfer
08-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Price for a 2000 model according to Parker

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=14668&plate=64

:eek::eek:

Wouldn't quote for 1991...I will need to pay a fee for them to quote.

SS

AR
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I got offered 16K part ex on mine against a "British Car" by a dealer, so I know is worth a lot more.

TheSebringOne
08-06-2008, 08:32 PM
:eek: Thats a very poor px ! :angry: I'm very intrigued Ary, was it an significant British Car? Theres not many British builders anymore?

AR
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Considering that I was going to let it go for 18K is not bad, I could have sold the wheels and other bits and still come out 6K out of pocket! LOL

Noble :) still British, or so it was when the last were made!

But since I've decided to keep the NSX. Can't argue with an old car that can still put down the power!

TheSebringOne
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
M400? Think Noble sold out to American company, but will be building (under license) a new Noble to rival a 911 with all the creature comforts etc? Me thinks? :dunno:

AR
08-06-2008, 09:20 PM
M400? Think Noble sold out to American company, but will be building (under license) a new Noble to rival a 911 with all the creature comforts etc? Me thinks? :dunno:

Actually I was looking at a more mundane M12 GTO 3R :). Yes it is in the hands of 1G Racing. They came up with a Rossion.

Cheers,

AR

Boomin33
09-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Actually I was looking at a more mundane M12 GTO 3R :). Yes it is in the hands of 1G Racing. They came up with a Rossion.

Cheers,

AR

I was going to choose between GTO 3R and an NSX as the money was the same... but never got around to test driving the Noble

It all depends what you looking for. jaw dropping performance? I'd imagine the Noble is simply awesome.
but I didn't think practical for a driver, trips to London etc.

Once I saw the IOP Targa, all other thoughts disappeared..

Have you driven one?

WhyOne?
09-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I was going to choose between GTO 3R and an NSX as the money was the same... but never got around to test driving the Noble

It all depends what you looking for. jaw dropping performance? I'd imagine the Noble is simply awesome.
but I didn't think practical for a driver, trips to London etc.

Absolutely spot-on summary of the conclusion I reached when last looking for a car.

I looked at a beautiful titanium silver M12 GT0, and ultimately decided against it because as well as being my hobby, the car had to make a 50 mile per day commute into south London from rural Sussex. My route to work contained several speed-hump blighted roads, and the front splitter on the Noble just wouldn't have coped.

I finally settled on the NSX, which was more than happy with the commute for the 6 months until my company decided to re-locate me to London Bridge :(