PDA

View Full Version : Elvinton 10.04.05

Pande
11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi guys just thought id share some figures with you all.

Put my car on the 1/4 mile strip on sunday, lowered the tyre presure for better traction and got a 13.4 @ 106mph. Quite impressive for a standard NSX with just cats removed and a rear exhaust section.

UltraViolet
17-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Hiya, I saw you run and must say ...... sounds lovely!!

I was there in my CRX though not my NSX, so you never saw me.

osiris_x11
17-04-2005, 12:00 PM
hmmm... Those 1/4mi numbers are very nice! Most bone-stock NA1 3.0 5spd NSX'es I've seen usually have values of 13.65-13.85 in the quarter mile, and 13.25-13.35 w/ aftermarket headers/exhaust.

Were you running on street tires? I am envious of all of you European NSX'ers in that you can buy the readily available Yokohama RE-048 tyre (NSX-R spec., semi-slick R compound). Unfortunately, this tyre type isn't offered in the USA.

Driver's skill/technique combined w/ an awesome tyre such as the RE-048 make the NSX beyond words! 8)

UltraViolet
17-04-2005, 12:07 PM
The surface at Elvington is very abrasive so times are always better than at Santa Pod. Good for comparing at same place, but you cannot really compare times to different venues.

As you say though, driver makes a huge HUGE difference.

Pande
18-04-2005, 05:32 PM
My NSX is a 3.2 six speed not a 3.0 5 speed. My previous NSX was the 3.0 in which I managed a 13.4 personal best and that was really pushing it. But the 3.2 is much faster.........

The same car at santa pod only managed a 13.6. Now you could say that the santa pod times are the more accurate of the two but who knows. Some people say that santa pod has a slightly up hill gradient but all the cars ive ever put on santa pod have always produced slower figures.

Ultraviolet sorry we didnt chat at the strip. Maiby next time you can bring your NSX so we can do our own comparison.

osiris my car was running with street tires. Although I am looking for some slicks now but aint got a clue which ones are available.

Any one out there with some contacts for slicks for the NSX please do tell.

UltraViolet
19-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Pande, I wouldn't say Pod was more accurate - just different. I think people often compare slips from different venues without considering different surfaces and all the other variables - a bit like they do different rolling roads......
Obviously you are aware of your times at the different strips so already are aware of that, but surprising how many never consider it.

As for comparing NSXs - lol - I have never done any runs up the strip, so really would not be much of a comparison!
Girly strip virgin in '91 3.0 vs strip vetren in '97 3.2 :lol:

I don't usually go to these things but I had a friend staying at mine and he wanted to come take a look - we arrived quite late. The drag bikes were pretty awsome weren't they :shock:
The coffee van was very dubious - think flask next time :?

jaytip
19-04-2005, 02:46 PM
girly strip virgin eh!! :lol: