PDA

View Full Version : Senna won GP2 Race at Friday in Monaco

Dirk
28-05-2008, 12:23 PM
My last Monaco race visit was a Mansell hunted Senna at the track. It was one of these really special races. I`m not an expert for GP2 and I was really surprised that another Senna started in Monaco last friday. The GP2 is nearly as quick as the F1 in the early 90`s and worth to watch. Wow, Ayrton`s nephew "Bruno" was quite good and won the race and now leading the GP2 championship.

Maybe next year the Formula one will get a new brazilian driver...

http://www.gp2series.com/en/website/2008gp2series/home/homegp2/

gumball
28-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Nice to see a real Senna win at Monaco rather than the pretender on sunday, I hope when Bruno turns up to F1 Shamilton has to change his hat.

Dirk
28-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Nice to see a real Senna win at Monaco rather than the pretender on sunday, I hope when Bruno turns up to F1 Shamilton has to change his hat.

Could be difficult next year to identify the driver, if they wear all yellow hats with green and blue stripes :rolleyes:

Knows someone why Lewis have the brazilian design at his helmet? I guess his father was a Senna-Fan and is responsible for that. But never read any fact about that. Maybe someone knows some article and give some info.

simonprelude
28-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Senna apparently was Hamiltons inspiration.

I have seen Bruno a few times over the last couple of years when he was racing F3.

Dirk
28-05-2008, 06:15 PM
I´ve read in german magazin, that Lewis father wants the yellow helmet because it would be easier for him to identify his son in the bulk..

But I can`t believe that this is the truth. Why blue and green stripes?

Lewis started very young with carting... Normally young kids doesn`t come to his parents and say "hey dad, I wan`t karting".

In most cases the father is the driving force for this sport.

Lewis father named Lewis after the american olympic athelete Carl Lewis. It shows that sport idols are important for his father...

jaytip
28-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I have to ask,why do you have such a downer on Lewis Hamilton? I have never read a post from you that gives him even a little credit.
I personaly think he will go on to be the most successfull F1 driver this country has ever had.If you are as good as him then you are entitled to put his ability down,if not,have some respect for his ability and not slate him every chance you get.:rolleyes:

Senninha
28-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I have to ask,why do you have such a downer on Lewis Hamilton? I have never read a post from you that gives him even a little credit.
I personaly think he will go on to be the most successfull F1 driver this country has ever had.If you are as good as him then you are entitled to put his ability down,if not,have some respect for his ability and not slate him every chance you get.:rolleyes:
+1 ... you're acting like the UK press, ie knocking a successful UK sports person. The only difference is you haven't praised him before knocking him. Did he show you up at some track event in the past? :laugh:

Dirk
29-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I agree, it seems Lewis is a charismatic person and he is worth all the attention. Let`s kick Schumacher :laugh:.

But to lait he`s gone.... :angry:

Please Michael come back we want to kick y :laugh: :laugh:

gumball
29-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Don't like him, I find him as irritating as James Allen, Don't feel I have too support someone because their British, never have. I was always on Ayrtons side over Mansell, even though Mansel was a great driver.

jaytip
29-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Don't like him, I find him as irritating as James Allen, Don't feel I have too support someone because their British, never have. I was always on Ayrtons side over Mansell, even though Mansel was a great driver.
Not supporting someone and constantly putting them down are two completely different things.
I don't like football in any way,shape or form but i don't make cheap comments against someone who has far,far greater ability than me.
It's called showing respect.

gumball
29-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Constantly?,
It was just a by-product of congratulating Bruno, also who will have to change hats?
I don't see a lot of respect for Michael Schumacher about, and he's much more deserving than that over hyped...........etc

SILVER BULLET
29-05-2008, 06:27 PM

+ Another one,:no:
Lewis Hamilton is one of those very lucky people who have real natural talent, I would love to have one tenth of that man's driving ability,I believe that it is the media that aliken Lewis to Senna, I have never heard Lewis Hamilton compare himself to Ayrton Senna or any other great driver.

You don't have to support him,but please don't knock the guy.:cool:

kowalski
29-05-2008, 07:51 PM
I like Hamilton as a driver but he has come across as a little arrogant in some interviews last year. But i agree the press seems to blow things out of proportion.

I met Bruno Senna a couple of years ago at the Festival of Speed, and even took his car (and the world touring cars) to Macau for this years race on our plane. I really hope he lives up to the name as i am a massive Senna fan. I think the main person stirring up the Hamilton / Senna comparisons is James Allen, he really is ****!

I hope both have great success and i look forward to seeing them race each other in the future!

leigh

P.S did anyone see the Graham Hill documentary on BBC4? fantastic program thats repeated at the weekend if anyone wants to see it!

Dirk
30-05-2008, 07:27 AM
German Motorsport Newspaper: Motorsport aktuell issue 24.May 2008

Motorsport aktuell :What means this victory for y?

Lewis: In the last few laps, I´ve to thought about Ayrton Senna and how many victories he have get here. Now to win in Monte Carlo too, makes me very proud. It wasn`t easy to get my emotions under control.

Not a typical comment for a Monaco winner. Lewis (or his father, or both) must be a very big fan from the deceased brazilian.

A driver which wear a yellow helmet with green and blue stripes shows respect for Ayrton and if one of the best current F1 driver shows his emotions in this free way, this driver earned my respect, too.

And it helps not to forget "Mr. Magic"

gumball
30-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Alonso is also a big Ayrton fan, it was the reason he moved to Mclaren, but Hamilton said, "your going to have to pretend harder than that, I have the hat and everything".

NSXGB
30-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Alonso is also a big Ayrton fan, it was the reason he moved to Mclaren, but Hamilton said, "your going to have to pretend harder than that, I have the hat and everything".

....now you mention Alonso, he really is a to$$er! :)

jaytip
30-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Constantly?,
It was just a by-product of congratulating Bruno, also who will have to change hats?
I don't see a lot of respect for Michael Schumacher about, and he's much more deserving than that over hyped...........etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah "fantasticaly talented", not in a vastly faster car with a number two who stays where his put.
Well done Fernando for staying ahead of that B****rd Mclaren.
Bad luck Kimi, we'll get them next time(please more reliability)

HA HA HA, Lewis who?, GO KIMI!

Just have to say I never supported Hamilton, he is pretty good but we'll see now the main drivers are up to speed, again GO KIMI!

Well he was in the fastest car for most of the first half of the season, with a sleeping team mate and no breakdowns, if Davidson won, now that would be miraculous.

All your quotes.None of them are exactly praising are they.