PDA

View Full Version : Driver Training

BlueNSX
26-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Can anybody on the Forum recomend from personal experiance ehere to go for advanced driver training. E.g. Car control, racing etc ??

would like to improve my skills

Cheers

Blu

gumball
26-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Sean Edwards comes highly recomended,
http://www.seanedwards.eu/?power=Getcontent&catid=3
I've spoken afew times to him, but havn't got round to booking myself, but a few on hear have.

SILVER BULLET
26-05-2008, 02:19 PM
I notice that Sean Edwards has instructed in 2 NSX's was it anyone on this forum ? and if so could we have some feedback please,

Ian

Silver Surfer
26-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Had driver training with Sean Edwards a year ago at Ipswich Woodbridge airfield via Javelin Trackdays. He was excellent and very easy going with good feedback. Thoroughly recommend him despite him looking like a 16 year old. He does push the car to the limit. He includes slow laps to learn the lines and then fast laps giving the brakes a real run for its' money. I made considerable improvement on that track. It cost me £450 for the whole day so not cheap.

SS

Senninha
26-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Can anybody on the Forum recomend from personal experiance ehere to go for advanced driver training. E.g. Car control, racing etc ??

Cheers Blu

Are you looking for improved track times or safer, quicker progress on her majesties highway?

For track I've heard good reports about Sean though I've not had first hand experience yet.

As an alternative for track, book yourself onto some track days at the circuit that interests you and take advantage of local instruction.

For road driving (the principals of which can transfer to track) I know a couple of guys who are Honda MAC accredited.

I'm probably going to book some MAC training if you're interested?

regards, Paul

BlueNSX
26-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Are you looking for improved track times or safer, quicker progress on her majesties highway?

For track I've heard good reports about Sean though I've not had first hand experience yet.

As an alternative for track, book yourself onto some track days at the circuit that interests you and take advantage of local instruction.

For road driving (the principals of which can transfer to track) I know a couple of guys who are Honda MAC accredited.

regards, Paul

Honda MAC accredited.??????
what does that mean ?

AR
26-05-2008, 08:57 PM

regards, Paul

I'll be interested if I am not working on the day.

Senninha
26-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Honda MAC accredited.??????
what does that mean ?

HAve a read of the attached http://www.macdrivertraining.com/index.asp

Virtually all instructors are serving or ex-Police or are ex-forces who have served at the highest protection levels.

I've got some details that I shall have alook for 2mrow re diff ways of undertaking the training

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
26-05-2008, 09:52 PM
HAve a read of the attached http://www.macdrivertraining.com/index.asp

Virtually all instructors are serving or ex-Police or are ex-forces who have served at the highest protection levels.

I've got some details that I shall have alook for 2mrow re diff ways of undertaking the training

regards, Paul

Which one are you looking at?

1. Development skills for high performance car driver
2. Chauffeur :no:
3. VIP and security ;)

SS

NSX 2000
27-05-2008, 07:43 AM

Cheers

Blu

Mark, I know Plans do this as I had booked my wife to go on the course (but due to finding out she was pregnant we have had to postpone). They will tailor the course to what you want, and when or if you go on the track (it is the top gear track) it will only be you on it, so no one else to hit.

The course I did (for the road only) was a Subaru Prodrive day, but this was geared towards the 4wd capabilities of the Subaru. But you can book direct with prodrive and take your own car, or do it in one of theirs.

We can chat more about this at the breakfast club if you wish.
HTH
Paul.

BlueNSX
27-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks Paul, look forward to seeing you at Goodwood.

QuietJim
03-06-2008, 03:51 PM
My vote goes to Don Palmer (www.donpalmer.co.uk). The web site seems to be down at the mo but keep trying...

Monaco92
26-06-2008, 06:14 PM

Cheers

Blu

I recently did a day of road and track (Bruntingthorpe) with Dave Bertie from Skills & Techniques Ltd. It was great we covered all the areas like car control and more, really got to know the limits of my car. Dave really knows how to get you to push the limits safely. Best £ 300.00 I spent.

dan the man
26-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I can provide tuition on lines and weight shift and breaking points on a small unknown track in the german mountians.

payment is steak on a stone :)

simonprelude
26-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Warm stone, or one hot enough to actually cook a steak on.

dan the man
26-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Edit

Effing Hot Stone!

Monaco92
26-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I can provide tuition on lines and weight shift and breaking points on a small unknown track in the german mountians.

I may take you up on that. When I can get some time off.