PDA

View Full Version : brake fluid change

amo
19-05-2008, 01:54 PM
ok well iv booked my self in for next tues to get a full brake fluid change to dot 5.1
as i used about 50-75ml as i just topped it up
and yes cant remember who said to me but elt my discs and they have worn a bit been told pads might be too hard iv got project mu discs and pads
mmmmmmmm

thx amo

Senninha
19-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Amo,

I cant remember which is which, but dont get the synthetic fluid as this will knacker your seals in the system.

I'm runnung Mu's with OEM R discs. I found it interesting how on hard b roads I can generate enough heat to induce fade (hence earlier posts about further upgrades) yet on Saturday I had no such issue. Also noticed that I was closing under braking when you and I were together on track near the end of the session. Wonder if this was due to yours needing new fluid??

Regards, Paul

dan the man
19-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah AMO leave 5.1 alone.. Good Motul 400F is fine or AP 4 dot etc..

britlude
19-05-2008, 08:53 PM
DOT 5 is the dodgy fluid,

the intricacies are explained here (it's a bike site, but the basics are the same!!!!)
http://www.gtgtandems.com/tech/chap10.html

mart155
19-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi amo, dunno if you are referring to me but I did mention on Saturday that you had almost worn the groves away on your fronts. lol

goldnsx
19-05-2008, 09:21 PM
DOT 5.1 doesn't absorb water, that's the positive view of DOT 5.1. The negative view of it is that even a small amount of water/humidity is concentrated in the brake lines and will detoritate it for sure. :no:

amo
21-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi amo, dunno if you are referring to me but I did mention on Saturday that you had almost worn the groves away on your fronts. lol

ya mate was you thx

ok so every1 is sayin leave dot 5 alone

ok
stick with 4 then

thx amo