PDA

View Full Version : 02/05/05 [Bank Holiday]*magazine attendance*tv coverage*

aurora
10-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Update-I have now organised for zip TV to attend this meet and also banzai magazine. www.banzaimagazine.com (see below)

Hi there, sorry if I am causing any trouble by posting this here however I was unsure of the best place to put it.

Im currently organising a huge meet in the west midlands with nearly every model honda making an appearence! There are people travelling from all over the UK to attend this "mini meet" however we need more NSX's! :)

Here is what we have attending at the minute:

2 DC2's
2 DC5's
1 EK9 Type-R
29 Civic Type-R's (most modded)
2 Supercharged Civic Type-R's (1 race kit, 1 street)
1 Glitter painted VTI
NSX / Civic Jordan - TBC hopefully today

As you can see, we do not have any confimed NSX's to complete the line up!
There will be over 40 honda cars attending as alot turn up who do not have the internet. There will be no other marque of car attending this meet - honda's only!

I have posted this meet on many other forums and the number of DC5's attending will also increase! (I hope) Wink

We have a whole pub with over 80 spaces (rough) who are blocking off the pub just for us and this meet, the pub owner is even going to put on a buffet for us all to eat.

Here are the meeting details:

Date: 2nd May 2005 (first Monday of the month-bank holiday!)
Time: 18:00

The pub is roughly 2 minutes away from the snowdome.

http://www.snowdome.co.uk/snowdome2/resource/contact/LocalMap1.gif

THE SNOWDOME
LEISURE ISLAND
RIVER DRIVE, TAMWORTH
STAFFORDSHIRE, B79 7ND

Please post below if you are interested...I really hope you can all make it!

Cheers
si

aurora
12-04-2005, 09:26 AM
we now have 44 confirmed attendees, cars are as follows:

1 ATR
8 DC2's
2 DC5's
1 EK9 Type-R
29 CTR's (most modded)
2 Supercharged CTR's (1 race kit, 1 street)
1 Glitter painted VTI

ctrlaltdelboy
12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
can you post a link to the main discussion thread for this meet?

I assumed that it would be on the honda revolutions forum (as a honda-only event) but could not find it in either the official or unofficial events sections

cheers

aurora
13-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi Darren,

The original site is here:

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/index.php

Under "Future Meets" section there is a thread titled exactly the same as it is here.

Hope this helps and that you can make it.

Thanks
si

UltraViolet
17-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Si,

If you speak with the HR Midlands Regional Rep (Chris G), he already organises regular meets in that area, 1st Sunday of every month and also every wednesday evening.

Not sure how many cars attend but if invited, I would guess you could up your 44 car count significantly.

Hope it goes well.

aurora
19-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi mate,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried signing up to HR however I haven't got the email to activate my account, even though I have emailed the admin asking for it to be resent.

There are many boards that I have yet to post on simply because I do not want the pub overloaded. I know there aren't alot of NSX's around (I know there's one in my street though!) and I would love some of you guys to attend...im sure you will get a heck of alot of photo's and video footage taken of your cars :)

Thanks
si

UltraViolet
19-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I am guessing you have an aol or hotmail account then - because of the traffic the H-R site gets, both of those think the emails are spam which is why you don't always get the activation email.

If you have a fixed email, try that.

For a regional meet that is happening 1 day after another Midlands meet, I don't think your venue would get swamped.

aurora
27-04-2005, 01:41 PM
GET YOURSELF IN BANZAI MAGAZINE!!!

Banzai magazine are now trying to attend. If they are unable to attend for some reason then they have guarunteed a section of their magazine for us!!!
http://www.banzaimagazine.com

aurora
27-04-2005, 01:42 PM
MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS - GET YOURSELF ON HONDA TV!!!

I have now been speaking to someone from a media company who is producing material for Honda. They are now attending the meet!! They have said that if people record footage of this meet they will be editing the footage we send them and then it will be used in Honda Dealerships throughout the UK as they are creating a dealership TV network. I will be sent a copy of the finished product which I will upload to a host for everyone to download (or you can just walk into a honda dealer) - this is your chance to get your car on Honda TV!!!

They have full broadcasting equipment and will be coming up from London. I also have another freelancer coming up with broadcasting equipment to interview people etc.

doesn't get much better than this folks! ;)

aurora
27-04-2005, 01:43 PM
latest numbers:

2 S2000's
1 ATR
11 DC2's
2 DC5's
1 EK9 Type-R
41 CTR's (most modded)
2 Supercharged CTR's (1 race kit, 1 street)
1 Glitter painted VTI
NSX / Civic Jordan - TBC