PDA

View Full Version : NSX replacement

forumadmin
18-05-2008, 11:14 AM
OK, well maybe no. However this country has got me back into cycling.

Did a 50 mile ride yesterday, only after a couple of short 10 mile warmups after building the bike.

I have put together this ebay special, using a mixture of some new, and some bits off ebay. I don't want to be riding around on the lastest model in bikes, but this 10 year old frame is a classic, but like the car really.

SILVER BULLET
18-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Nice pic's Kevin,i'm not realy into pushbikes but it looks like a super machine,great atmospheric photo of the lake, looks like you were out early.

Hope the jobs going well , Mattfest was brilliant sorry you wern't able to be there with us,

Cheers,

Ian

NSX 2000
18-05-2008, 07:50 PM
The saddle looks painful, but I'm liking the view!

Hope Switzerland is treating you well, just out of intrest how much is petrol over there?

Paul

PS one I took last time we went to Switzerland.

TheSebringOne
18-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Kevin, great choice in road bike! Conalgo frames are beautiful just like the NSX, what kind of the components you have, Shimano Dura Ace or Ultregra or 105? I used to time trial & did some bit of road racing at amateur level & during my peak, trained 200 to 250 miles a week! Too over weight & busy now! :) Hope you enjoying it out there!

forumadmin
19-05-2008, 05:21 PM
When I got here petrol was 80p a litre. Now its gone up to 90p.:(

The bike has mostly Shimano Ultegra SL and some Dura-Ace, but there are some Campy & Look bits here and there too.

Even though the frame is 10 years old its newer than all my cars. Mind you my old bike, still in the UK has a 50 year old frame. There's a classic.

Ewan
19-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Nice rims :)

I got back into road cycling (a bit) last year, after a 20 year hiatus. My mate who's family owns a bike shop talked me into it, though he did stop short of persuading me to go for this... http://www.awcycles.co.uk/brands/Giant/TCR_Carbon_Gold/12107/index.aspx

All carbon with 24-carat gold plated Campag Record groupset. It's about as bling as you can get without using an engine...

TheSebringOne
19-05-2008, 09:37 PM
A 7k road bike:eek:, you got to be a serious bike nut!

Penny Farthing would struggle up some of those Swiss roads Kevin! :D Being of a tall nature, whats your frame size? I also have two old frames made from Reynolds Tubing.

As much Campag look like a work of art, I've always been a Japanese Shimano man, like the NSX! :)