PDA

View Full Version : new coolant tank and arial

jaytip
09-04-2005, 10:09 AM
just in stalled some new goodies from SOS :D

Kevin
09-04-2005, 08:02 PM
I thought someone had put your engine in backwards for a second then, but it's just the intake manifold cover :)

jaytip
10-04-2005, 01:52 AM
yeah,that was me.i took it off and then put it back on the wrong way and never got round to putting it back on the correct way. :oops:

mcibuk
18-04-2005, 05:30 PM
The ariel looks great - any difference in reception?
The electric retractable version looks really old fashioned andis also bent on my car!
Tank also looks good too!

mcibuk
18-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Looked at SOS website and couldn't see the ariel listed - where is it? :?

jaytip
18-04-2005, 06:07 PM
The reception is good with the rubber one.It's as good as the last one i had on there,but that one wasn't the OEM one either. it was a normal(non-electric) metal one.
The arial is an S2000 one.I emailed Chris at SOS and he got hold of it for me.it was just under $120 compered to £147 at my local Honda dealer.I think if you go direct to an acura dealer in the states,it will be slightly cheaper again.
It is not simply plug and play though.the hole on the outside of the wing is slightly too small and the body of the arial is waaay to big to fit in the space under the wing.
There are two options to make it fit.
1) take the body of the arial apart and add a length of wiring between the rubber mast and the body of the arial.
2) just grab a tin snips and cut out a section of the inner wing for the body of the arial to fit.this is the option i took(it's not as bad as it sounds)and the good thing is that it is out of sight behind the carpet.

mcibuk
19-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the tips but the tin snips worry me a little - how much metal removed? Any chance of a pic?
Cheers

jaytip
19-04-2005, 07:58 PM
i will try and take a photo tomorrow if i can.there wasn't too much cut away.certainly not enough to make any difference to the cars strength/structure.
Here is the latest addition to my engine bay,courtesy of Distance Runner on prime