PDA

View Full Version : Possible NSX purchase

Setanta
10-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi.
I am seriously considering joining the ranks of NSX ownership and have been looking around and seen a green 1887 targa auto advertised at www.djsargent.ik.com (http://www.djsargent.ik.com)

I called about the car and was told that has been a Scotland car - other than that, have not yet been to see it.

If anyone knows anyone about the car, I would be grateful for any comments.

Equally, if there is anyone up North London way that would be happy to exchange ownership opinions over a pint, I would be happy to oblige.

There is a black one that looks akin to a race car not far from where I live (St Johns Wood) down in Maida Vale and a fixed headlight red one that seems to live very local - if the owners are on here, very very nice!

Cheers

James

Papalazarou
10-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi.
I am seriously considering joining the ranks of NSX ownership and have been looking around and seen a green 1887 targa auto advertised at www.djsargent.ik.com (http://www.djsargent.ik.com)

Just my opinion. But I wouldn't touch that car. If it's as old as you say, many of the parts will need replacing and it'll probably have one of the early steam engines fitted.

Cheers,

James.

Thank you Lord of forum misprints, for handing me such an honest and perfect post this summers night.

Senninha
10-05-2008, 09:03 PM
you can be so cruel sometimes James ;)

Setanta, looks ok and dark colors work well for the NSX. Theres a few autos for sale but this is the only Targa I know off and the Targa seems to be more sought after recently.

IIRC, That car was advertised for a few £kk's more recently so your timing could be good to potentially reduce the price a little more.

best of luck

regards, Paul

markdas
11-05-2008, 04:04 AM
I remember there being a charlotte green with beige for sale when I was looking at buying my car....not sure it is this one or not....Looks a nice car, not my cup of tea having beige leather in such a dark exterior but its all about personal preference.

I think the sound advice I was given on here is....set your budget, decide on auto or manual, targa or coupe.....after that just buy the best one you can find and enjoy the ride.....

simonprelude
11-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Price looks fairly good, could even be tempted myself.

Then again if I walked in their with £20k what I drove out with might not be an NSX.

AMV :)

kowalski
11-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Looks a very nice car, I think my friend looked at this one a few years back as he's after a green one. Only reason he didnt get it was the fact its an auto and he only wants a manual.

Looks like its got good service history as well and nice interior colour!

leigh

markdas
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I bought my car in March and there was another Charlotte Green with imaculate black leather interior at Chiswick Honda.....only thing that put me off it was an impending cam belt change......it was more money than this one too.....it may still be available?

Setanta
12-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the comments and sorry about the typo re 1887 - that coal firebox that you would have to tow around was a bit much!

While I have had autos and manuals, I am not really sure of which to go for as I think it depends on the car - the CL500 I have at the moment would be odd with a manual I think!

If there are any meets coming up around the London area, would it be possible to come along to have a chat to owners etc?

Cheers

James

Ewan
12-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Then again if I walked in their with £20k what I drove out with might not be an NSX.

AMV :)

Step awaaaaaaaaay from the cookie jar!:cantlook:

Seriously, why not just send me all your money and I'll set fire to it in the back garden?

Ewan

SILVER BULLET
12-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the comments and sorry about the typo re 1887 - that coal firebox that you would have to tow around was a bit much!

While I have had autos and manuals, I am not really sure of which to go for as I think it depends on the car - the CL500 I have at the moment would be odd with a manual I think!

If there are any meets coming up around the London area, would it be possible to come along to have a chat to owners etc?

Cheers

James

Hello James and welcome,

If you seriously wish to look at some NSX's and talk to their owners then get yourself down to Castlecombe for the Japfest on Saturday 17th May,
there will be 40+ NSX's on display at Camp Corner,im sure that most owners will be happy to talk about their cars.

I think EWAN on this forum is selling a spare ticket at a much reduced price, see his recent post.

Hope to see you there,

Ian.

Setanta
12-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi Ian

Just had a look and it appears that someone has beaten me to it - looks like I will be buying at the gate.

Will be a very busy weekend - can't imagine that my wife is going to come along!

Will definitely come over and say hello

Cheers

James

TURBO2GO
16-05-2008, 02:15 PM
... to Castlecombe for the Japfest on Saturday 17th May,

You could never say "Japfest" in the U.S.... lol... very politically incorrect. But then I guess they didn't get arrested for being Japanese during WWII in the U.K.

Setanta
17-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I was not able to make it today as a buyer was supposed to come and collect my car.....cue 7 hours sitting around at home waiting...and waiting...after a week of being stuffed around thus far.

:angry:

Hope that all had a good time - I was really looking forward to meeting everyone.

James

28-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi,

I actually went to view and test drive this car about 2 weeks ago. The car seems to be in pretty good condition. The panel behind the drivers chair was out but the guy said it could be fixed....only cosmetic. Then the engine sounded good. THere was a seal on the near side front window slightly peeling. The paintwork looked good and it did have a full service history as i checked all the documents. The car was orignally on at 22K but after i was discussing witht eh guy he dropped it to 20K. He was a good trader and never pushed me to buy. THe colour was not the one i wanted though. I also Hpi'd the car and it seemed fine with no finance, write off, stolen etc....only plate changes which would be normal.

Can't think of anythign else about it.

Cheers,

Andy (328)