PDA

View Full Version : Oil change needed a.s.a.p.

Boomin33
09-05-2008, 05:22 PM
won't be going to japfest unless i get an oil change first...

phone call on Monday to OpieOil and a filter from them?

the "Oil and Filter Service Pack HONSP24484" with purolator and Silkolene 10/40 sound about right?

simonprelude
09-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Personally I would only use a Honda oil filter.

But yes the Silkolene Pro S.

Senninha
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I have a spare filter if you cant get one ... let me know

regards, Paul

Boomin33
09-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I have a spare filter if you cant get one ... let me know

regards, Paul

Thanks for the offer, Paul. I'll let you know how i get on.

Honda one, eh. Do most dealerships have them? There's a dealership on the A4 between Reading and Maidenhead... ill call them tomorrow.

markdas
11-05-2008, 03:24 AM
For some reason on the Opie Oils website the packs all seem to default to that 10/40 oil and filter choce.....As mentioned I would definately go for Silkolene Pro S either 5w40 or 10w50 depending on the type of driving you do or hotter ambient conditions etc.....and definately honda filter too..

simonprelude
11-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Why don't we do your oil change at Japfest for you :D

Boomin33
11-05-2008, 04:02 PM

That sounds brilliant.. but the oil has managed to get near the bottom line on the dipstick (Thanks to track day I suppose )
I guess o.k. to baby it to Japfest and do it there? I would top it off, but no clue as to what oil is in there now.

I just wanted to error on the side of caution... What do you think

Senninha
11-05-2008, 04:08 PM
That sounds brilliant.. but the oil has managed to get near the bottom line on the dipstick (Thanks to track day I suppose )
I guess o.k. to baby it to Japfest and do it there? I would top it off, but no clue as to what oil is in there now.

I just wanted to error on the side of caution... What do you think

Change it b4 you go, then you can relax and enjoy yourself woudl be my preferred option

regards, Paul

Boomin33
11-05-2008, 04:09 PM

let me hijack my own thread-

Along those lines.. I was planning on spending hours detailing/waxing my car. ( i'm sure that will be in the blazing sun?!)

Anyway, whats a good online link to get some wax? (whats the nicest, most expensive - within reason that I should get my hands on? Anybody want some?
If I bring a super long extension cord... would we have access to electricity... i.e. for a buffer?

Who had that on the car wash day?

Senninha
11-05-2008, 04:14 PM

Along those lines.. I was planning on spending hours detailing/waxing my car. ( i'm sure that will be in the blazing sun?!)

Anyway, whats a good online link to get some wax? (whats the nicest, most expensive - within reason that I should get my hands on? Anybody want some?
If I bring a super long extension cord... would we have access to electricity... i.e. for a buffer?

Zymol's probably one of the best andhalf the price in the US where I'm sure you can get it purchased then shipped. They recommend the Japon version for our cars.

The buffer belongs to Kevin who is now working overseas for some time.

WhyOne?
11-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Zymol's probably one of the best andhalf the price in the US where I'm sure you can get it purchased then shipped. They recommend the Japon version for our cars.

I agree with Paul.........I use Zymol Japon and am very pleased with it. Purchased in bulk on my last trip to the us at $42 a pot.

Here it is £48 IIRC!

Boomin33
11-05-2008, 07:25 PM

The buffer belongs to Kevin who is now working overseas for some time.

I don't mind buying one. but will there be electricity? or would it be a hassle to try and use one out there?

simonprelude
12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Happy to bring this along for you to try ;)

http://www.dodojuice.com/orange-crush-carnauba-car-wax.html

http://www.dodojuice.com/visuals/djocJarFront.gif

mart155
12-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Simon,
The Porter Cable polisher belongs to Kevin I think.
Don't know if anyone is looking after it while he is away.