PDA

View Full Version : Car Detailing

jaytip
06-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Can anybody point me in the right direction for a good car detailer? i know of Miracle Detail(too expensive)and Extreme Detailing(fully booked) but does anybody know any others?
I want to get my car detailed ready for Japfest because i am going to have a for sale sign on the car and i want it looking at it's best.Unforunately,Lee from Extreme Detailing can't fit me in before the show :(
I am based in South Wales and i don't want to travel too far(not more than approx 200 miles to detailing business),so does anybody know of a detailer within this milage?Lee quoted me about £300 so anything around that figure is fine.

Cheers,

Ivor.

Papalazarou
06-05-2008, 07:05 AM
My uncle has a company in Taunton called Premier Valeting. Adrian on 01823 321911. He's been in business for over 20 years and will be well within your budget.
Shame you don't live closer, I've got most of the gear and could have helped you out.

Cheers,

James.

jaytip
06-05-2008, 02:27 PM
My uncle has a company in Taunton called Premier Valeting. Adrian on 01823 321911. He's been in business for over 20 years and will be well within your budget.
Shame you don't live closer, I've got most of the gear and could have helped you out.

Cheers,

James.
Does he do paint correction James?There are swirl marks on my car that i want to get rid of.

Papalazarou
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Does he do paint correction James?There are swirl marks on my car that i want to get rid of.

Yes he does. He'll do the work personally.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
06-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds like Japfest OCD all over again :)

Obsessive Cleaning Disorder

regards, Paul

mart155
06-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Speaking of detailing, has anyone had any experience using the Jewelultra Diamondbrite paint protection service

Senninha
06-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Speaking of detailing, has anyone had any experience using the Jewelultra Diamondbrite paint protection service

Yes .... its not for your NSX! Its similar to Supaguard. Costs about £20 net dealer price but is sold for a LOT more.

It is very dependent upon how it is applied and IMO, is nothing more than a sealer with high oil content. This gives the beading effect for a limited time and is what the dealer uses to suggest its effectiveness.

For a good DIY finish I find the Maguirs 3 stage a good combo of value, ease fo use use and results.

HTH, regards Paul

jaytip
06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes he does. He'll do the work personally.

Cheers,

James.
Ok,cheers James.Can you do me a favour and let him know i will be calling him soon?

Cheers,

Ivor.

Papalazarou
07-05-2008, 08:07 AM
No problem.

Cheers,

James.

amo
07-05-2008, 08:11 AM

got given a box of this with all the bits in

so i take it its not a bad product ?

thx amo

WhyOne?
07-05-2008, 08:28 AM
got given a box of this with all the bits in

so i take it its not a bad product ?

thx amo

It is not a bad product per se, however and Paul says, the promises made ('never wash your car again.....shiney car for life' etc) are nonesense and the prices charged by dealers (£250 - £500) are an outrage.

The 2 bottles cost £15-£20. If the car is properly prep'd and the 2 products carefully applied, it does provide a useful seal / barrier for the paint. I applied it to my wifes car when it was new and it worked just fine. I still have to wash the car and still polish it once in a while though.

Not a product for an NSX I would suggest.

mart155
07-05-2008, 09:21 AM
It doesn't actually say you never have to wash your car again, it says you can wash it as much as you like but you have to use the conserver product once a month when you rinse the car to preserve the shine.

I was thinking of getting it done, however I think I will give it a miss for now based on the cost and your comments.

After all, thats why I asked the question in the first place aint it.:D
Cheers.

WhyOne?
07-05-2008, 09:57 AM
It doesn't actually say you never have to wash your car again....

Yes, fair point, I suspect it is more the (heavily incentivised) car sales staff who make the more outlandish claims.

TangoMan
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Ivor, try going onto the Detailing World forum, www.detailingworld.com
There are a number of professional detailers on the forum under DW sponsors, have a look under regions.

The issue you are going to have is how soon you need your car done, this is a very busy time of the year and the level of work you need is going to take at least a day. You may be fortunate though as people regularly have cancellations.

AR
09-05-2008, 05:46 PM
After seen the car yesterday I really don't think it needs that much detailing, it looks superb. :)