PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Mark Elvin
08-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Firstly I'd like to say hello to you all.

Secondly, I am looking to replace my Honda Insight with a sub £20k NSX, somewhere around a 1993 manual car, I expect that the £20k region.

Any advice on what to look for & running costs would be really apprietiated as this is going to be a long term love affair having driven one recently I am hooked.

I have looked at Ferrari 308 GT4's & Porsche 911's but for every day motoring & pure ability, the NSX has it by a mile.

Thanks in advance.

MattS
08-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi Mark and welcome,

Go for a car with a FSH. An article in autoexpress this week said that according to cardata a high mileage car with FSH is more valuable than a low mileage car with incomplete SH. Obviously a low mileage car with FSH is worth the most and will cost you most to buy.

I think major NSX costs are 1) Cambelt changes (useful bargaining point if not done recently) - about £600 2) Clutch 3)Tyres - cost depends markedly on size and brand 4) Aircon components - Honda charge a fortune if a compressor goes for instance. My car had a new compressor fitted back in 2002 and it cost £1200! 5) Electric window repairs - look at www.nsxprime.com for this and other things that are known to go wrong, particularly on earlier cars. Most will have had these sorts of things sorted out by now..

Compared to a Ferrari or Porsche though, you'll save a heck of a lot of money and have something rarer and faster, that should start every morning.

Good luck.

HondaHoward
08-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi Mark,

My 1993 Coupe is for sale - see details on the for sale board.

Email me and I'll send you some photos - I won't be able to respond for a week though as I'm off skiing on Sunday, but let's talk when I get back.

Good luck

Paul G
10-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Mark,

I have just posted details in the For Sale section of my brothers NSX, seems to fit your requirements, let me know if you require any further details.

Cheers

PG