PDA

View Full Version : Helpl my window is stuck...

donnac
27-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Can someone help me, since i bought the NSX the driver window has been quite slow in going up and down, yesterday i noticed it was slower than usual then today as i was putting the car in the garage it has totally died on me:(

The window is stuck open and when i press the button it will move down ok but will only move up a few cm and is making a clicking noise.

Ive checked Dali Racing and the Window Regulator is $429 plus delivery.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea how much the Honda UK part is?

And finally any idea how much labour it will cost as im not to technically gifted:laugh:

Thanks for listening:(

AR
27-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Get the fix it thingy from Dali. Do a search on NSX Prime for windows regulators and there will b e a DIY for sure. It takes just minutes to remove the doorcards. Check out the online manual on Prime.

Is not too hard to fix.

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
28-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Get the fix it thingy from Dali. Do a search on NSX Prime for windows regulators and there will b e a DIY for sure. It takes just minutes to remove the doorcards. Check out the online manual on Prime.

Is not too hard to fix.

Cheers,

AR
Ary, the fix-it-thingy is a preventative measure.It will not improve the speed/action of the window raising and falling.
I think what is needed here is a clean and re-grease of the window runners.
If that does not work then you may need new regulators.
My 04 is quite slow raising so i think it is just a "character" of the NSX.
HTH,

Ivor.

britlude
28-04-2008, 06:01 AM
yup the window runners need a clean and re-grease. the clicking will be a slipper clutch in the winder motor stopping anything breaking! (often refered to as a 'popping' noise on Prime) you'll get the window up if you give it a helpful pull as you hit the 'up' button!

the door fix-it thingy AR refers to is a replacement for the cable end retainers (the windows use a cable system to lift them) which in some cases is a weak link in the winder mechanism.

BabyG
28-04-2008, 06:33 AM
I had exactly the symptoms you describe before Christmas - and unfortunately it sounds like it's a new regulator mechanism time. Once it's started to slip the gearing system in the mechanism deteriorates pretty quickly, and it's all sealed and not really repairable.

Be careful when looking at the US replacements - although the parts are similar, the connections are different. They can be made to work if you're prepared to do a bit of wiring, but it's not a straight swap. I just gave it to Norton Way as the car wasn't secure with the window as it was - you could probably save some cash if you found something from Japan but the delay wasn't worth it for me.

ETA: If yours has failed the same way mine did, the mechanism will have slipped such that the window thinks it's at the top when it's not. It doesn't matter how much you try and ease it up, the motor will stop the window at the same place each time.

While the door panel is off, it may be worth getting the door release fixit installed as well - good preventative measure. Oh, and final point, the plastic seal on the inside of the door is a PIA (particularly when a little aged), but worth keeping intact and resealing as it keeps the moisture out and apparently keeps some road noise out as well.

Rich

AR
28-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Ary, the fix-it-thingy is a preventative measure.It will not improve the speed/action of the window raising and falling.
I think what is needed here is a clean and re-grease of the window runners.
If that does not work then you may need new regulators.
My 04 is quite slow raising so i think it is just a "character" of the NSX.
HTH,

Ivor.

I regreased mine when I did the doorcards. I took the old grease and added teflon grease.

donnac there is nothing like knowing your car, so if I was you I'll get stuck in!!!

Cheers,

AR

amo
28-04-2008, 12:17 PM
all nsx have the same pain in the ass that said
there is should be another way we can fix this as using another better motor off a newer car
mmmmmmmmmm

prob been looked into over the pond

but theres got to be a way

thx amo

donnac
28-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all the help and advice, im going to take the door panel off tomorrow and have a look at it and hopfully see whats going on, will keep you posted :D

AR
28-04-2008, 01:58 PM
all nsx have the same pain in the ass that said
there is should be another way we can fix this as using another better motor off a newer car
mmmmmmmmmm

prob been looked into over the pond

but theres got to be a way

thx amo

Lexan windows GT-40 style!

amo
28-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Lexan windows GT-40 style!

lol
have u ordered urs lol

thx amo

dan the man
01-06-2008, 01:12 PM
only just seen this Donna :( Damn honda and drivers side windows..My DC2 always been same - poor.

I do remember it went slow at one point but seemed to improve so didnt think anything of it..but what i did do is power the window up with the door open ;) As not as much contact with the rubbers as frameless !

Hope your ok

nigel
01-06-2008, 04:44 PM
A tip to help windows function a little better.
Even when all the mechanical functions are sorted, the tension put on the window glass by the black H2O seal on the outside and likewise on the inside, if you wax the glass with a good NON abrasive paste wax, (carnuba) it will help it slide up and down better.
Got this tip from a Honda shop owner. It works.

Cheers
nigel

donnac
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Not been on for a while but got Honda to look at the car wilst the the timing belt/water pump service was being carried out and they said the regulator is done.

I contacted Dali Racing who sell the regulator for about £225 plus posting BUT the American cars do not have the auto window function so i have decided to just get Honda to order a UK one in at £440 and £30 for labour for the regualtor and be done with it:laugh:, cant stand not having the window working any longer.

:cool:

kowalski
09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Good thing you didnt get the Regulators from the states. I bought both sides last year new from a US Honda dealer for £210 each. then paid £20 shipping and £60 pounds tax only to find out they dont fit!

They are handed for Left hand drive only and will not fit Right Hand drive cars unless they are stripped down and modified.

Ended up buying new ones from Honda Uk as the car was already stripped down for the replacement!

So if any Left Hand drive owners need new regulators I have 2 brand new ones sat here still in OEM Honda wrapping!

leigh

Lankstarr
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
I've just had a call from the guy that brought H6NSX from me and the window is stuck down:angry: I showed him the window as one of the bits I was most impressed with as it was quick up and down and never got stuck!

From my knowledge of other cars I asked him to check whether there was any noinse when trying to do thye window up - no sound so motor or regulator sounds like it is gone.

Is this a definitive diagnosis needing a Honda UK part to replace or could it be something else wrong?

I would have thought that a car with 104k miles on it would have had the fix-it thingys done already... otherwise maybe this has gone before.

So I need to work out the best course of action for him and whether he maybe needs a fix-it thingy to put in when the new regulator goes in (if this is the problem).

He's close to Norton way but it's not nice for someone who's just brought a new car to have to fork out £470 for a new regulator fitted less than a week after getting the car. Maybe Norton Way do their usual 10% discount off this?

Thanks

Luke

Lankstarr
10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
I wonder if Bazza or Dirk can help with a cheap one of these if it's only going to be £30 labour (or maybe they'll do that for £30 only if you buy the expensive part!)