PDA

View Full Version : Carbon engine cover from Science of Speed

donnac
26-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Has anyone else bought a carbon engine cover from Science of Speed? i like the look of the Carbon lid with the window like this one:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/engine_cover/engine-cover--lexandsr.jpg

Just wondered if anyone else had bought one and what the fitment is like? hoping to order it in the next few days.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/engine_cover/CF-lexan_small.jpg

Got the service kit with water pump delivered from Dali and got a red car cover and the chrome front bay dress up kit from SoS already so they see to be good to deal with.

Thanks

DAVEMAT
27-04-2008, 04:48 AM
I've got the same one but with the mesh infills at the sides,nice piece of kit, and very easy to fit.
This is the only picture I can find of it, from last years Japfest.

simonprelude
27-04-2008, 07:46 AM
It looks nice, I thought about going down this route or a similar one from Japan.
I decided against it as I would always regret not getting the Honda Type R / S one.

AR
27-04-2008, 11:04 AM
It looks nice, I thought about going down this route or a similar one from Japan.
I decided against it as I would always regret not getting the Honda Type R / S one.

Ditto what Simon wrote.

IMHO there is no substitute for the NSX-R cover, even Detlef uses one!

donnac
27-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I've got the same one but with the mesh infills at the sides,nice piece of kit, and very easy to fit.
This is the only picture I can find of it, from last years Japfest.

Thanks for the picture, looks good on the yellow so im deffo going to order it now.

And Re the NSX-R cover im not too keen on just the mesh cover and prefer the carbon

Thanks

amo
27-04-2008, 11:34 AM
looks nice mate did think of it ages ago but my bits stick out more then others lol lol

but i find it better now with out any on

thx amo