PDA

View Full Version : About to join the club.

Deuce
24-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Just thought I would say hello and let everyone know that I will be joining the NSX brigade.....!!!!:)

I have owned various vtec/vti/s2000's etc but never found the 'right' NSX, or be able to be in the position to buy it if I had!!

That all changes tomorrow.....

Steveycaz
24-04-2008, 05:58 PM
...?

Come on! Do tell! And where are you based?

Oh and welcome by the way :)

Deuce
24-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Based in Notts.

The car......05, 3.2, Manual, LBB.

I have been wanting an NSX for ages and nearly got one from Avondale around 2/3yrs ago, but went for a Tuscan 2 S - big mistake - but you learn and I now have found the perfect one and no-one was gonna get it but me!!

Sudesh
24-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi and welcome! Great choice of car and color. Look forward to seeing some pics.

TheSebringOne
24-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Congrats & welcome, pics IDC please !! :)

markdas
25-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Good work, one of the best cars I have ever owned. Good luck with it and hope to see you in the future
Mark

Senninha
25-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Deuce,

I hope all goes well for you today and you enjoy a good drive home in your new P&J.

And you've just got time to book onto Mattfest and come and introduce yourself to us all :)

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4179

A warm welcome

regards, Paul

TheQuietOne
25-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Congrats, I'm in the Derby/Notts area most months so we'll have to have a mini-meet if you fancy it?!

I'm guessing GrayPaul are your local, undriven/LBB/'05 NSX supplier...:D

markdas
25-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Okay, I guess its only me that doesn't know what LBB means? Thanks

TheQuietOne
25-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Okay, I guess its only me that doesn't know what LBB means? Thanks

Lady Boy Blue :eek:
Long Beach Blue

Deuce
25-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, it was along day or month......

Bought the car a few weeks ago but could not take delivery till today.... but it was worth the wait!

I collected the car this afternoon and I was very tense. It was not like when I have picked up my TVR's, Jags, P1's, etc!! This was my time to collect my IDOL car...

I drove the car from GP :D( The Q One got it right!!) and was so carefull. It was like taking my test again.

I have just got back from a post-stag drink-up and have sat in the car still in shock of what I have got.

The car is like new, I have had it checked out by Honda (dealer personally known for 25yrs) and its all 100%.

Cant wait till tomorrow!!!

Pics to follow.

markdas
26-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Congratulations.....I know how you feel, I collect mine about 6 weeks ago and like you I had the childlike sense of excitement and anticipation about how it would feel......would it be as good as I want it to be, will it be hard to drive, will I stall it first time, will I hate it or rejrect parting with so much cash.......

Then you see it, sit in it..............and before you even drive the first few hundred yards.....it all just works out nicely!

Its a big sense of relief for me that at 43 I still have this boyish feeling about cars old and new to some extent....but also the sense of excitement and admiration I feel when I see any string of cars, obviously out for the day in their pride and joy, you see the effort they put in to keep them and enjoy them......

Im glad your NSX does it for you too!

Deuce
27-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Congratulations.....I know how you feel, I collect mine about 6 weeks ago and like you I had the childlike sense of excitement and anticipation about how it would feel......would it be as good as I want it to be, will it be hard to drive, will I stall it first time, will I hate it or rejrect parting with so much cash.......

Then you see it, sit in it..............and before you even drive the first few hundred yards.....it all just works out nicely!

Its a big sense of relief for me that at 43 I still have this boyish feeling about cars old and new to some extent....but also the sense of excitement and admiration I feel when I see any string of cars, obviously out for the day in their pride and joy, you see the effort they put in to keep them and enjoy them......

Im glad your NSX does it for you too!

Cheers markdas!

Had a fun time yesterday in the dry weather!

After seeing at least 6 fezzas (328,360's & 430's) in the morning alone that they looked so common, I felt so proud of my NSX and feeling pleased that I was doing my own thing.

I'll get pics when I can stop driving it, hopefully after today when the weather changes!

I have already put more miles on it, yesterday, than the 1st owner did in the last year!

I am now planning my european trip in September, anybody have some ideas??

Senninha
27-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I have already put more miles on it, yesterday, than the 1st owner did in the last year!

I am now planning my european trip in September, anybody have some ideas??

Keep on driving!!

As for a trip later in the year, this would work for me http://nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

regards, Paul

Deuce
30-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I have just got back from a quick drive. I was hopeing to get some pics before it got dark but unfortunately did not get them.

So for the mo, here is one of the dash with the low mileage and the other of the rear!!

Deuce
30-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Keep on driving!!

As for a trip later in the year, this would work for me http://nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

regards, Paul

Thanks Paul.

Most probably going to do the Top Gear thing with the Stelvio Pass and Davos Area. Nearly did it in my old Tuscan 2S but work got in the way. Go down through Germany etc then back another way which I have not decided yet.

AR
30-04-2008, 08:19 PM
As Borat would say...Nice!

Silver Surfer
30-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Only 867 miles!!!!!:eek:

It's not even run in yet!

SS

Senninha
30-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks Paul.

Most probably going to do the Top Gear thing with the Stelvio Pass and Davos Area.

Depending on when you go, would love to tag along for the drive

Only 867 miles!!!!!:eek: It's not even run in yet!

And it wont be for at least another 30k :) Its a tough job but I guess Duece is going to enjoy it!!

regards, Paul

Deuce
30-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Depending on when you go, would love to tag along for the drive

And it wont be for at least another 30k :) Its a tough job but I guess Duece is going to enjoy it!!

regards, Paul

Looking at going in September. My Dad....getting on abit, lives in the states driving around in his toy...XJS 4.0 conv celebration model. I have promised to take him on a driving holiday, in Europe, to rekindle those days when he did it 30+ years ago.

He is responsible for my Honda 'interest', since '78 we have as a family owned 23 (me 11 of them inc NSX).He drove a 91 NSX when they came out and I remember him coming back telling me of the delight that the car was to him (This was as I was collecting my 1st '89CRX 16v - 2nd hand).

So, to europe with an ex-pat, in an NSX which he has not been in for 17yrs .....oh and I forgot, there will be plenty of late nights!!!!

markdas
01-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I would love to go on a proper European trip...I have been so close to so many and yet never been!

I really fancey the drive to the Milau Bridge too....Nurburgring of course and also the Audi Museum in Ingolshtat....

If there is room to tag along, September could be good for me!

Mark

ps....Ahh Lady Boy Blue.....nice!

TheSebringOne
01-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Wow! 867 miles from new on main counter! :) Obviously its 867 on the other trip counter too on the right! More pics please IDC ! :D

Deuce
11-05-2008, 06:47 PM
At last, my NSX in all its glory!

TheSebringOne
18-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Great yellow background! Sack the scenery, what a prestine looking LBB! Congrats :) :thumbsup: Must be one of the lowest mileage car around.