PDA

View Full Version : Hub and discs and caliper question again

josewick
21-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi guys, can someone confirm whether the larger front discs for a late NA1 and the caliper with carrier will bolt on an older hub (96 hub)?

I only just noticed that the centre bore is different, the older hub is bigger.

:(

simonprelude
22-04-2008, 07:42 AM
You might need to put an insert in the discs to keep them true.
I would have thought the hub would only have changed when the discs changed though, so 1994 ??

Procar Specials
22-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi guys, can someone confirm whether the larger front discs for a late NA1 and the caliper with carrier will bolt on an older hub (96 hub)?
I only just noticed that the centre bore is different, the older hub is bigger.

The center bore is the same at all years NSX (1991-2005)
its 70.1 mm (rear is 64.1mm)

If you wanna switch from the old (smaller) rotor size (91-96 = 282x28mm)
to the last (bigger) rotor size (97-05 = 298x28mm)
the rotors are plug and play.

But you have to install new (bigger) adapters for your calipers,
your old ones dont will fit.

Unfortunally these adapters are not available alone ,
they are only available with new calipers as complete kit.

The rear conversion is the same work.
Let me know if you have more questions.

If you wanna switch to the actual size, I do recomment the NSX-R NA2 brake kit.

josewick
22-04-2008, 12:48 PM
The center bore is the same at all years NSX (1991-2005)
its 70.1 mm (rear is 64.1mm)

This has puzzled me, I am talking about the centre bore of the hub, not on the wheel.

Just that I bought a new set of Works which was off a late NA1, the front wheels go on one side (with the 1999 hub) ok, but it does not go on the 1996 hub as the centre bore on the hub is bigger than the centre bore on the wheel.. :(

AR
22-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe the spacer is welded on with crud?

Procar Specials
22-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I am talking about the centre bore of the hub
Hub = 70.1 (front)
All NSX's have also the same hub size !

Take a calliper square and make a measurement of the hub.
If it has another diameter, its not from NSX !

josewick
22-04-2008, 04:22 PM
that is very very wierd, but nevermind.. I am now more concerned in getting the right discs and caliper.

I asked this before, but no one replied.

I have spare 2 X skyline calipers, they are 4 pot, bound to be better than std NA1 caliper. But I donl;t know what carrier to use, as it don;'t fit straight on. If i cannot sourced an NSX caliper, I will have to get it fit on it some how,

:(

goldnsx
22-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Unfortunally these adapters are not available alone ,
they are only available with new calipers as complete kit.

I've a set of adapters (RacingBrake) for the front 97+ brakes for sale if you're interested. With these you can use your present calipers and don't have to buy expensive new ones.

Let me know if you're interested.

dan the man
01-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Can i just revive this thread..

Ive just fitted NSX-R calipers to my DC2.. the Carriers with the NSX calipers were no good..they bolted on BUT the pads overhung the disc by 6mm or so...so no good.

I ended up using the DC2 caliper carrier and NSXR caliper togther to make it work.

Are the 98spec DC2 brakes same as Older NSX barkes?
And are my carriers off the NSX calipers of use to anyone doing a conversion to bigger discs?

Midnight Blue
01-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Did Honda use the later type calipers on any other of their vehicles, Accords, Oddysee maybe?

If they did, can they be fitted onto an early NSX so we can use the bigger disks?

Regards,

Andy

goldnsx
01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Did Honda use the later type calipers on any other of their vehicles, Accords, Oddysee maybe?

Unfortunately NO. There a reason why RacingBrake created the adapters. They're cheap compared to new 97+ calipers as you're using your existing one.