PDA

View Full Version : Radiator to fit '91

Lankstarr
21-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Please let me know if anyone has one of these going spare.

I'm waiting on a reply from a guy on Prime, but the shipping will be a fortune!

No breakers have responded but I would have thought this is not too much of a popular part - can anyone point me at a likely breaker to try?

Thanks

Luke

britlude
21-04-2008, 05:43 PM
have you asked Dirk in Germany??

Senninha
21-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Dirk would be good plus Simon is waiting info on a couple of breakers, one early and one late model

HTH, Paul

gsuds
21-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Luke,

I got mine from an outfit called Autoline Motors last year. They are currently listing parts from a 3.0 NSX. Of course, that could have been 1 car, from which I got the radiator....:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, probably worth a try

http://www.autolinemotors.co.uk

Cheers,

Graham

markdas
22-04-2008, 03:00 AM
How about taking it out and getting it re-cored somewhere locally. A good place can usually do this in one day, fuly pressure tested etc.....a secondhand one may not be anybetter or last very long?
Mark

gsuds
22-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Depends where the rad has failed...I tried that with mine, Serck took it for a day or 2 but 'twas the lower tank which had burst, not much they could do with that. But yes, if possible, recoring better and cost is about the same as a 2nd hand rad.

G

Lankstarr
22-04-2008, 05:31 PM
It has failed irrepairably (I'm told!) The plastic casing is broken as well so no recovering.

Honda are being very helpful - they are recommending a place that could make up a new one to order (I think this is what they're saying!?) usually for £150 - £200.

They sennd away my rad and get it copied.

I hadn't thought of Dirk!

Dali list OEM ones for less than £200 so this is an option as well.

I'll let you know how I go!

Thanks

Luke

markdas
23-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Is this the red 3.0 that has developed a rad fault Luke or more trouble with the 3.2 you mentioned having an AC compressor fault on?

Good luck with it anyway

Mark

Lankstarr
23-04-2008, 05:18 AM
Hi Mark,

The rad went on the 3.0... I'm getting my 3.2 back this afternoon (hopefully) in time for tonights meet!

Cheers,

Luke

markdas
23-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Unlucky mate! I was very tempted to come look at your 3.0 when I was buying.....still a good car I am sure, just a bit unlucky with this type of thing happening! Im sure you'll get it sorted out!

Mark

nigel
25-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I have a spare radiator in my storage up in Atlanta that I bought from e-bay just because it was so cheap. There is a **** up in the centre of the field of fins, (size of a shilling) but it doesn't leak. If you wanted it to be perfect you could take it to a shop and have them straightened i'm sure. The rest of it is in great shape.
If you might be interested i'll have to pick it up on my way back to Florida from Indiana next week when I pick up my NSX from winter storage. I should be able to get some flicks for you and have a friend put them on the site for your review.
If your in need let me know and i'll get it sorted and you can make an offer. I bought it for just such and occasion. If not, no worries.

Cheers
nigel

Lankstarr
25-04-2008, 10:22 PM
thanks for the offer Nigel but I have one sorted now.

It has covered 9,000 miles so nearly new but at £200 delivered I can't complain.IT hasn;t arrived yet but will hopefull be a quick job for Honda to fit when it does.

Mark - I don;t think this says anything bad about the car - I've done over 1,000 miles in it now and a new rad is one less thinng to worry about... the car has had a lot of money spent on it and I was surprised to see that it already hadn;t had a rad.

Cheers

Luke

gsuds
25-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Absolutely - the car's 17y.o. - Honda built 'em well from quality materials but it's not alchemy.....

G

markdas
26-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Luke...totaly agree, a radiator on all cars in pretty much in the firing line all day long.....and after 17 years.....it one of those things that should really fit into someones maintenence budget when buying......all I meant is that I certainly'forget that items such as this work one day and can leak the next....i'm off to check mine asap!

Mark