PDA

View Full Version : Black with red interior

NSX 2000
20-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I know some of you wanted to see some interior and exterior photos.

Paul.

dan the man
20-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Nice.

I mean GIT !

:)

NSX 2000
20-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Some more photos

AR
20-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Very nice car mate, one thing I think will look good there is a set of NSX-R red mats. :)

dan the man
20-04-2008, 08:00 PM
And R red intake cover :) :) :)

Senninha
20-04-2008, 08:18 PM
And R red intake cover :) :) :)

+1 and get those bolts changed on the cover Paul ... only take you 5 mins!!

Looks very nice in the metal too!

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
20-04-2008, 09:42 PM
More photos.

NSX 2000
20-04-2008, 09:56 PM

regards, Paul

Paul, just for you!

markdas
21-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Wow, can't say I would have gone for red as an option but it works really well on the black exterior! Was that already trimmed when you bought it or have you had it done?
Also is the engine cover grille/mesh the type supplied by Procar on here or a Honda supplied part? Look good - could I be cheeky and ask if you have a picture of the view of it with the rear window down too? Just interested before I part with a chunk of money!

Nice car tho'

Mark

jaytip
21-04-2008, 05:05 AM
It's one of the "infamous" last 12.They came with different colour interiors,although having said that,white,red,blue,yellow,orange and black were all available interior colours on 02+ US cars.

Senninha
21-04-2008, 06:49 AM
.........Also is the engine cover grille/mesh the type supplied by Procar on here or a Honda supplied part? ............
Nice car tho'
Mark

Mark,

Procar sells the Honda OEM part. Detlef says that this part is so well made by Honda that it isn't worth trying to replicate with something else. I agree and its also incredibly light compared to the OEM part.

Is yours a coupe or Targa? It will fit both but if Targa you will need a couple of minor tweaks for it to fit (without damage to the cover).

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
21-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Wow, can't say I would have gone for red as an option but it works really well on the black exterior! Was that already trimmed when you bought it or have you had it done?
Also is the engine cover grille/mesh the type supplied by Procar on here or a Honda supplied part? Look good - could I be cheeky and ask if you have a picture of the view of it with the rear window down too? Just interested before I part with a chunk of money!

Nice car tho'

Mark

She came from the factory with the red interior, as jaytip has pointed out it is one of the last 12.

The engine cover is an original Type R/S engine cover direct from Honda. I got mine from Barry at Vtec Direct, if you want a brand new one I would recommend Barry.

With regards to a picture of it with rear window down, do you mean you want to see the engine bay with rear glass hatch shut? If so evrey time I've tried to take this shoot with my camera I just get a reflection back of the glass. May be it's not a good camera, lense or photographer. I would go with photographer :yes:

HTH Paul.

markdas
21-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Its okay, thanks anyway.....I think it looks the part with the NSX-R cover, with that engine on at least part show for small boys to peer in and admire....I think I have to have one.....I was going to suggest I knock up one from some 1/2 "timber and chicken wire......but it would end up like that exhaust that was knocked up in Sweeden somewhere!!!

thanks again
Mark

NSXGB
21-04-2008, 12:24 PM

regards, Paul

+1 and sell me the black one....:)

Marky
25-04-2008, 11:26 PM
The NSX looks great in black! I just removed the engine cover on mine and it looks great. I bought the NSX-R black rubber cover for the water tank though. Who fiited your air filter?

TheSebringOne
25-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Now thats one great looking NSX and in my fave colour! :drool:
I was'nt sure if the red interior goes with black exterior, but seeing the pics have change my mind!

Does the CF weave meet your high standards Mr CF (aka Paul) !?

Great late NSX and with lovely woven CF bits! :)

markdas
26-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Its silly question time again, but why is there no strut brace across the engine area?

dan the man
26-04-2008, 09:14 AM
That car look mint. keep looking thinking i need a black one!

Senninha
26-04-2008, 02:42 PM
......... keep looking thinking i need a black one!

How about this one?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/435335.htm

simonprelude
26-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Think that's only early cars and Targa's.

Its silly question time again, but why is there no strut brace across the engine area?

nigel
27-04-2008, 06:19 PM
In the first pics, the centre console buttons, one has a twistie knob on it. What does it regulate or control? Over here the yanks don't offer any switches at all and i'm slowly getting them and along with the headlight washers i'd like to complete the set. Functional, of course. I now have the fog lamp and the half mast antenna ones.

Cheers
nigel

AR
27-04-2008, 06:48 PM
In the first pics, the centre console buttons, one has a twistie knob on it. What does it regulate or control? Over here the yanks don't offer any switches at all and i'm slowly getting them and along with the headlight washers i'd like to complete the set. Functional, of course. I now have the fog lamp and the half mast antenna ones.

Cheers
nigel

Is the headlamp adjuster.

Cheers,

AR

nigel
28-04-2008, 02:17 PM
At the risk of being thick, how does it adjust the headlights ? Intensity, angle, ??
As before we don't get those things over here.

Cheers
nigel

Silver Surfer
28-04-2008, 03:32 PM
It just adjusts the height for the normal beam so that it doesn't dazzle on-coming cars when your boot is fully loaded.

SS

NoelWatson
28-04-2008, 05:02 PM
It just adjusts the height for the normal beam so that it doesn't dazzle on-coming cars when your boot is fully loaded.

SS

Unless you are Ernst Stavros Blofeld and feel the need to carry gold around in your boot I fail to see how the attitude of the car will be adjusted by a load in the NSX's boot

Silver Surfer
28-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Unless you are Ernst Stavros Blofeld and feel the need to carry gold around in your boot I fail to see how the attitude of the car will be adjusted by a load in the NSX's boot

Well....maybe that's the reason why I have not needed to adjusted my beam over the time of ownership! Maybe the 2 sets of platinum plated golf clubs will have the same effect, no? ;)

SS

jaytip
29-04-2008, 02:18 AM
I would like to know what this is for??

nigel
29-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I've never seen that one either.? Anyone ??
Where'd you get the picture from?
Also, never seen the button / switch, in the bottom right corner as well??

Cheers
nigel

NSX 2000
29-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I would like to know what this is for??

It's the ejector seat button, It only came on the last 12 UK cars!

TheSebringOne
29-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Paul, come on what is it for? I thought your black beauty is a coupe rather than a Targa? :)

NSX 2000
30-04-2008, 04:38 PM
The NSX looks great in black! I just removed the engine cover on mine and it looks great. I bought the NSX-R black rubber cover for the water tank though. Who fiited your air filter?

I got plans motorsport to fit it for me, as I had some other bits and bobs to be done as well.

Paul

NSX 2000
30-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Paul, come on what is it for? I thought your black beauty is a coupe rather than a Targa? :)

It's a Triffic master smartnav button.

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/our_solutions/smartnav-new.php

It is sat nav but without the screen, not very impressed so far but only used it once, but it is good for speed camera warning and as a tracker!

nigel
01-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Went to the link and saw the alert bit. How does it work ? Does it give you a beep or just a map in the post to let you know where they are installed with an update in the post every month?
No mention of cost but they say it's an upgrade.

Cheers
nigel

markc
26-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I know some of you wanted to see some interior and exterior photos.

Paul.

Looks like an accident in a butchers shop :)

but not as much as my old S2000...