PDA

View Full Version : Runner up

markdas
16-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Attended a Scottish car meeting on Sunday and entered our NSX in the show and shine to see what may happen.....ended up being the runner up for car of the show category.....but what won it...

An NSX-R, recently completed a year long expensive body kit and respray transformation.....it has an HKS turbo mod on it, no back window just a huge scoop for the intercooler etc. So it was okay to come second to something like that!!!

Nice to see 2 NSX's together at last up here and we should have the picture published in the Banzai Magazine soon.

Mark

dan the man
16-04-2008, 06:15 AM
So is this the 3rd NSX-R noone ever sees about? Or a fresh import or an impostor!?

simonprelude
16-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Or is it the Yellow one ??

Any pictures from the day.

markdas
16-04-2008, 09:37 AM
It was imported from the states I think the guy said about a year ago. It belonged to HKS before and they fitted the turbo and rear window/scoop. Its a RHD car though which is odd. The company who owns it now is Funky Power a performance tuning place near Glasgow I think (I have their card). HKS tuned it to 450 bhp but these guys have turned back the boost to give about 380 bhp.

Its gleaming black but they have fitted some fancy vented front wings, gold alloys, after market spoiler etc. Its been lowered, no TCS, its badged NSX-R on the doors, but I noticed it didn't have a mesh gear gaitor.

They didn't produce any brilliant 1/4 times for the day, 13.8 I think was their best run, maybe 13.5....which is good, but I am doing 13.9 in my GTO on standard boost and loads more weight! I did one run but forgot about the TCS kicking in and messing up my launch....I will need to practice that again!

I will get some pics of the day up soon!!!

Mark

jaytip
16-04-2008, 11:37 AM
It was imported from the states I think the guy said about a year ago. It belonged to HKS before and they fitted the turbo and rear window/scoop. Its a RHD car though which is odd. The company who owns it now is Funky Power a performance tuning place near Glasgow I think (I have their card). HKS tuned it to 450 bhp but these guys have turned back the boost to give about 380 bhp.

Its gleaming black but they have fitted some fancy vented front wings, gold alloys, after market spoiler etc. Its been lowered, no TCS, its badged NSX-R on the doors, but I noticed it didn't have a mesh gear gaitor.

They didn't produce any brilliant 1/4 times for the day, 13.8 I think was their best run, maybe 13.5....which is good, but I am doing 13.9 in my GTO on standard boost and loads more weight! I did one run but forgot about the TCS kicking in and messing up my launch....I will need to practice that again!

I will get some pics of the day up soon!!!

Mark
If it came from the States it wouldn't be a type-R,they can't get them there.It sounds to me as if someone has done a type-R copy.

simonprelude
16-04-2008, 12:17 PM
That car was in Banzai a while ago, it's not a type-R regardless of how many badges they have put on it ;)

AR
16-04-2008, 12:30 PM
IIRC the car had problems due to HKS being twats about releasing the mapping for it.

Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

markdas
16-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Yep quite possibly just a badge exercise. Its not my cup of tea either but I did see this car a year ago at the same place in Scotland and it looked a right shed! No rear spoiler that I can remember, tatty paint work, dodgy chicken wire type mesh at the rear! But I had to admit the guys have done a great respray and had a go at making the thing quick and useable (so some degree of success I suppose) and generally spent money on it.....but it was nice to see my totally standard car getting lots of interest too......good car!

donnac
17-04-2008, 01:21 AM
http://www.funkypower.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=455&sid=ba18ae736087b4e8600206738753a9c9

pics are near the bottom of this link

http://file035a.bebo.com/11/original/2007/09/15/08/4748284653a5555369937o.jpg

markdas
17-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks Donnac

Thats the very one. As we said not everyones cup of tea but a big amount of work and not an unpleasant thing to look at!

Mark