PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally got one

Ewan
07-04-2008, 07:27 PM
As Paul spotted in the "my neighbour" thread, I finally got an NSX. It's the red 03 Targa that's been advertised recently on Pistonheads, and I went to the (now previous) owner's house to collect it this afternoon.

These pics were taken late in the day and the car hadn't been washed - first thing I did when I got it home was to give it a clean, and check that it'll fit in the garage without compromise or trouble.

This particular car was owned by NorthernRed (Lee) for 3 years before it was sold to a very tall chap who just couldn't live with it because he couldn't get comfortable on long journeys.

I've yet to drive it with the roof on, but first impressions (having never driven an NSX before):

- It's easy to drive. Just flows along the curves of the A & B roads that I took it through in various bits of rural Oxfordshire.
- The noise (even with the Targa top off) is nice and rorty (particularly in 2nd at about 6k rpm) at times, though it's not as loud or burbly as in the Maserati Spyder I used to have... otherwise, the rest of the car drives a load better than the Maser.
- I'm surprised at how close the driving experience is to the S2000 - obviously, the X is lower and bigger, but the gearchange is nearly as good as the S2k's. The power delivery is very different - in the S, you have to wring it's neck to get much oomph, but the X seems happiest a thousand or two RPMs before the redline.

So far, I've driven about 100 miles in total and am very pleased. My neighbour (who had the SLR Roadster for the weekend!) came shooting over immediately after returning to work, and was gushing praise for the car - an all time classic, look how low it is, etc etc. Car people, it seems, together nod and say quietly, "Nice". Even the fat guy in the filling station said - "Pump 7? Ah, the Honda NSX..." when I went to pay.

So, I hope to make it MattFest; I'll be at Goodwood Breakfast club in July for the "open top" day :), at Goodwood FoS and Le Mans (Bleu Nord). Keep an eye out for the red targa with the roof off, and you'll probably recognise it's me once I get my plate transferred :cool:

Cheers!
Ewan

simonprelude
07-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Congratulations, hope she lives up to the expectations :)

Ewan
07-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Cheers Simon!

I forgot to say, I had literally pulled out of the driveway of the vendor, gone up the hill, and what did I see coming the other way... but a white NSX! A Type R perhaps (it was in Woodstock, Oxon, about 5pm).

(s)He flashed me, but my hamfistedness with the controls meant my attempt to flash them merely washed the windscreen :D

E

Steveycaz
07-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Congrats Ewan! Right then - about time for basingstoke meet isn't it? Must be Luke's turn to organise :)

Ewan
07-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Congrats Ewan! Right then - about time for basingstoke meet isn't it? Must be Luke's turn to organise :)
Thanks Steve - yes, I think you might be right :)

Senninha
07-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Good Man,

And you've chosen the best combo of 3.2 and Targa :)

I hope its a good one and brings you smiles of great motoring!

Drop me a line for the Goodwood Open Top and I'll see you there and at the B'Stoke meet now that the evenings are lighter. We can get Rob along in his IOP Targa too!!

regards, Paul

PS, what plate should we look out for?

Ewan
07-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Good Man,

PS, what plate should we look out for?

Thanks Paul ... the plate is E3WAN :)

WhyOne?
08-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Well done Ewan - the car looks lovely.

Hopefully the NSX will provide a less traumatic ownership experience than the Masser!

mutley
08-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Very nice car Ewan welcome to NSX ownership.

Does this mean you will be changing your avatar now??......................not saying Audis are bad though!

Jim

jaytip
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Congratulations mate,i hope you have many years of enjoyable motoring.

Cheers,

Ivor.

dan the man
08-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Nice pal, congrats

TheSebringOne
08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Congrats & finally you get you hands on a NSX! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come! Happy VTEC motoring! :thumbsup: :)

mart155
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Well done Ewan, congrats.
Hope to meet you at Mattfest in May.

Ewan
11-05-2012, 05:13 PM
… and another chapter comes to a close. Last night, a really nice chap who will (I presume) at some point make himself known, came over to see my cherished NSX and next thing you know, I'm not going to be driving the car to JapFest tomorrow.

I'll still be going though, and if you can make room at the back of the James' Artistic NSX Display (TM), I'll discretely park the wife's new wheels out of the way...

cheers!
Ewan

nigel
11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Nice job. Full marks on the new car.

Cheers
nigel

scottg
12-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Basingstoke sounds like a good excuse to take my NSX T for a drive from Poole if you are meeting up some time guy.:D

Ewan
12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
sorry chaps, maybe I shouldn't have re-awakened an old thread :)

Steveycaz is long gone out of the fold (sassthathoopie bought his car but hasn't been around much of late), and I bought the car 4 years ago and have just sold it. So treat everything before post #14 (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?4643-Well-I-finally-got-one&p=93891#post93891) as ancient history :)