PDA

View Full Version : Which Brake Pads?

madras
03-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm trying to decide which brake pads to go for out of these for road use:

Mintex Xtreme (MDB1543X)
Mintex C-Tech M1144
Ferodo DS (FDS905)

Any commments on which and why. Currently got Mintex Xtreme, are the others a step up? Mintex Xtreme have been great at a couple of track days and fast road use.

From what I can gather Xtreme are designed for road, C-Tech are for track but the M1144 is for fast road and bit of track. And the Ferodo DS are for Road, where as the DS2500 would be for road and a bit of track

Thanks

madras
22-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi,

Still no takers on this. I now need to replace pads front and rear. The Mintex Extreme have worn out in 15kmiles. I think i'd like to go for some Ferodo but not sure if there is abetter option out there people have used?

Thanks

simonprelude
22-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I really like the OEM pads, especially the OEM-R ones.

madras
22-10-2008, 01:51 PM
thanks, do you know who makes the OEM pads or the OEM R pads? Are the OEM R pads easily available?

Thanks

TheSebringOne
22-10-2008, 10:39 PM
OEM means made by Honda! You can try VtecDirect here or maybe check out Dali Racing in the States under Acura.

BabyG
23-10-2008, 06:11 AM
I've not tried any of the ones you list, but I'm using the Project Mu available from Dali and they're terrific fast road/light track pads

dan the man
23-10-2008, 09:04 AM
The OEM pads are the NISSIN and the same as DC2 pads... go to honda and ask for a price on DC2 pads..

I had MU pads anbd were miles better than OEM but dusty. On the road OEM fine tho..

sassthathoopie
23-10-2008, 02:17 PM
My car has Black Diamond discs fitted on the front so I opted for Black Diamond Track pads to go with them. Some dust but no complaints on stopping once worn in - not much to compare them with though to be honest. £100 on t'interweb.

ian dc5
23-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Project Mu NR pads all the way, nice and progressive and then violent when you stand on the brakes. Had these on my track car and DC5 and cant say enough about them. so much better than the brembo OEMs.

I'm about to fit some Project Mu level max700 race pads, i have been told not to expect these to work when i leave my drive in the morning :eek:

goldnsx
23-11-2008, 07:15 PM
I had MU pads anbd were miles better than OEM but dusty. On the road OEM fine tho..

It's very simple to beat the OEM ones by far if you compromise a little bit on dusting. May I throw HAWK HPS in? If you like heavy dusting but pads for street AND track HP+ would fulfill that (with heavy dusting).