PDA

View Full Version : New NSX news

NoelWatson
29-03-2008, 11:32 AM
While picking my car up from its service at Chiswick I popped in to have a chat with Ivan about the new NSX. We had a chat with his Japanese colleague who had a Japanese car magazine and was happy to translate some of the articles.
One of the goals of the new NSX is to be faster than Porsche (including Carrera GT) round the ring, so I guess you are talking sub 07:30. The price listed was 120-140 million yen , with the GT-R around 70, so I guess we will be looking at £70-80k when it comes over here. Apparently it will premiere at the Detroit motor show.

Not sure how much of this anyone knew already, so apologies if it is old news

Maybe I'll hang fire on a deposit for a GT-R....

TheSebringOne
29-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Thats interesting, never read before that one of the parameters is to beat a road going Porker around the Ring, including the CGT!? Has anyone else read this before & whens the Detroit Motor Show? I hope this is something real & not more false or speculative PR! I hate it when they bring something out supposingly to be the next gen NSX, But then constantly wind us up by going back to the drawing board!

Ewan
29-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Has anyone else read this before & whens the Detroit Motor Show?

Normally in January, so if true, then I guess we'd start getting spy shots & the like late this year.

That said, Acura unveiled the next NSX at the 2007 show, and look what happened to that :)

simonprelude
02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
I thought the previous update from Honda was that the next 'NSX' would only be launched at the Tokyo motorshow ??

Senninha
02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I thought the previous update from Honda was that the next 'NSX' would only be launched at the Tokyo motorshow ??

Thats what I recall. Plus they made it clear that it is NOT a new NSX, but a replacement for the brands flagship vehicle.

If they are following many others then it will be 2 or 2+2 coupe, designed from the outset to offer coupe, convertible and possibly an R variant.