PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Choice

markdas
15-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Guys,

Is there a general concensus on what exhaust is best for the 3.0 car? I haven't actually driven mine yet and I am thinking about exhausts!!! Is the standard exhasut stainless and I have heard that its a great note, but muted perhaps?

I have looked at a few and the price range is huge! Also some Titec (think thats what they were) look good at about 600 GBP?

I think unless the standard one is a good compromise, I will be tempted to go for a more sports orientated exhaust? Any advice please.

Thanks

Mark

britlude
15-03-2008, 08:41 AM
drive the car first, then go from there!!!!

markdas
15-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Okay.....let me angle it another way.....how many of you have left the standard exhaust on your car?

Andy
15-03-2008, 10:23 AM
From the NSX's I have seen at Japfest and elsewhere approximately half have the original exhausts. For older cars once the exhaust needs replacing it is much cheaper to buy an after market one.

I have a Dali Rice Rocket which is relatively cheap and makes quite a nice deep note (if a little on the loud side!)

Come to Mattfest and see and hear what the members have on their cars.

Andy

Steveycaz
15-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I've got the lightweight Taitec. Love it! Proper supercar soundtrack but not so loud that you lose the 'signature' induction noise from within the cab.

When I spoke to Chiswick Honda they have never heard of a worn-out OEM exhaust. That's probebly why they weigh so much. Anyway I had to extend the truth a little to SWMBO to justify spending £800 on a replacement.

britlude
15-03-2008, 11:35 AM
the stock exhaust is steel, and it will give up at some point! especially if you intend using the car! :-)

amo
15-03-2008, 04:26 PM
mines nice and quiet cant hear it at all lol
wait and have a good drive
as said come down to japfest and have a little fun

thx amo

Sudesh
15-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I've got the lightweight Taitec. Love it! Proper supercar soundtrack but not so loud that you lose the 'signature' induction noise from within the cab.

When I spoke to Chiswick Honda they have never heard of a worn-out OEM exhaust. That's probebly why they weigh so much. Anyway I had to extend the truth a little to SWMBO to justify spending £800 on a replacement.

Have you any pics Stevey?

Auto Spirit
22-03-2008, 09:03 AM

I have the TAITEC JGTC Centre-Exit Exhaust. Took the NSX out for its first proper run yesterday and I have to concur with Steveycaz. The sound of the TAITEC at 6000 rpm is loud but so sweet and true. The deep rumble at idle reassures you (if ever you need it!) that you are indeed driving a true supercar. I thoroughly recommend it. But you don't have to take my word for it, listen to it on the SoS website:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust%5Fairflow%5Fproducts/NSX/TAITEC/JGTC%5FCenter%5FExhaust/

Here's a coupleof pics of my exhaust...

PeteM
24-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Personally, It would have to be a Tubi.

They are expensive but they are only slightly louder than stock with cats fitted and apparently not "boomy".

I've heard James's 3.2 fitted with a Tubi and it sounded very nice.

AR
24-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Personally, It would have to be a Tubi.

They are expensive but they are only slightly louder than stock with cats fitted and apparently not "boomy".

I've heard James's 3.2 fitted with a Tubi and it sounded very nice.

Mate I used to own that Tubi, so I can speak from experience. Tubi's are boomy. Nice at first, but too subtle for the money.