PDA

View Full Version : Perfect 02 NSX £22k

Lankstarr
06-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Those b******* y***** d(((***&&"*!E&&URFuiuhgck2

02 Black NSX Targa... dream combo for £22k :eek:

How much to switch the steering wheel over??

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=240220248&dealer_id=62172259&car_year=2002&model=NSX&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&sfy=true&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=26&make=ACURA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&fsb=b&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=92708&advanced=&end_year=2008&pager.offset=25&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=28

NSXGB
07-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Centre console should be silver and it's balck and looks like it's melted. I wonder if he would take an offer...:)

WhyOne?
07-03-2008, 09:13 AM

Well, this can be done on the cheap.

I was in Bolivia a year or two ago, where they drive on the right.

However, taxi's are all 2nd hand cars imported from Japan. These are skillfully converted to LHD by knocking a large hole in the 'passenger' side dashboard / bulkhead and bodilly moving the steering wheel & pedals over.

As a passenger in the (former) drivers seat it is impressive to see the road through the holes left by the recently moved steering wheel / pedals. It is also nice to have control of most of the cars switch gear and to benefit from the information provided by all of the dials which are left in situ for your viewing pleasure.

WhyOne?
07-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Here you go Luke - this is the de-luxe conversion with vinyl patches over the holes - probably the way to go with an NSX?

TheQuietOne
07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
That is insane...did you double your life insurance for the trip?! :eek:

AR
07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Here you go Luke - this is the de-luxe conversion with vinyl patches over the holes - probably the way to go with an NSX?

Nissan Sentra right?

Nippy things with the 16V engine!

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
07-03-2008, 02:09 PM
02 Black NSX Targa... dream combo for £22k :eek:

Why switch it? Best excuse ever for whizzing over to Europe IMO! You know it makes sense Luke

regards, Paul

WhyOne?
07-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Nissan Sentra right?

Nippy things with the 16V engine!

I don't recall....but if you are correct Ary, that is sadness way beyond the call of duty!!!

I wasn't especially aware of any 'nippiness', but that is probably a good thing.

Lots of the taxi's were Corolla's and Carina's and Camry's.....most of which had power steering before going under the angle-grinder. From watching the taxi drivers heave them about, it was apparent that this was a feature which did not survive the conversion!

TheSebringOne
07-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Must be bargain of the NSX century if its original?! I assume its mileage is in kms, how many miles 82K kms? Is that about 60k miles?

If history can be verified, how much to import, shipping, VAT & other Customs charges/duties, plus higher insurance for import and LHD? I say youre pushing towards nearly £30K? Still good value I think?

WhyOne?
08-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I assume its mileage is in kms,

It's a US car so the miles will be miles :)

Carl-1969
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I drive LHD vehicles on UK roads every day - nothing wrong with it whatsoever. :cool:

If that car has your name on it then worry not about the placement of the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

Lankstarr
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Yup that car has my name on it... but not as much as teh black type S in Japan:D If I go down the import route I think it will have to be from Japan, it's a shame they don't do a type S targa.

Thanks for the pic Ian, I'm pretty handy with my jigsaw now and having seen Ary's skillz with the gear knob I'm sure we could do a quick switch over!

Lankstarr
09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
thinking about it I'm pretty sure an 80k mile 02 would only be about 28 over here.

It's just not fair how much choice America and Japan have waaaaaaaaaaa

Sudesh
09-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Remember there is 17.5% VAT, 10% Import duty, SVA, MOT, Shipping/Insurance costs and other small hidden fees that need to be added to any car coming in, so it takes that nice low figure you spy abroad, to quite a different price once landed and road legal!!

Senninha
03-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Hey Luke,

Are you sure you couldn't be tempted by this (fortunately) rare colour combo for your late Targa upgrade :laugh:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=234878510

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
03-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Yellow interior:eek:

I love yellow NSXs but the interior is way too much IMO!

That would be almost as bad as a grey car with black interior... you need some sort of contrast!

(He says whilst realising his red car has red seats:laugh:)

L*

DAVEMAT
03-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Yella's definately the best colour, but!!!!!!!!!!

simonprelude
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I had a look at a Yellow 98 plate a couple of years ago with the Yellow seats.
It was erm, Yellow.

Yellow interior:eek:

I love yellow NSXs but the interior is way too much IMO!

That would be almost as bad as a grey car with black interior... you need some sort of contrast!

(He says whilst realising his red car has red seats:laugh:)

L*

Jetpilot3
04-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I know of a U.S. Spec Yellow/Yellow NSX for sale for $55K U.S. (he's a mate of mine and it has just over 30,000miles).

Stunning car! Actually here's a picture:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=14601&ppuser=10721&sl=o

You guys in the UK are lucky though because you can be sourcing Type S's and NSX-R's from Hong Kong and Japan. Yes, affordability is an issue along with importation duties, etc. but instead of going the conversion route it might be worth saving a little bit longer.

I was fortunate to see a Type S in the Lime Green and I think it looks brilliant with the black canopy.