PDA

View Full Version : S2ki.com trip to Nurburgring 25th to 28th March 2005

ctrlaltdelboy
30-03-2005, 04:40 PM
as some of you may know, some of the UK contingent of S2ki.com took a trip to the Nurburgring for the Easter bank holiday weekend.

here's a video montage someone put together featuring me
clicky here (http://www.honda-experience.ch/db/video/Karfreitag05web.wmv)

here's a lap of the ring filmed from the 'bumper-cam' on Joe's S2000
clicky here (http://195.157.55.173/ringlaps2000.html)

BrownBear
30-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Looks like you had a good time, there, Darren 8)

ctrlaltdelboy
06-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I have gathered up a load of photos of this event from the guys who were there and put them up on my website for anyone who is interested

go to www.darrenferneyhough.com and click on the Nurburgring link - from the main Nurburgring page there is a link to the photos page.

09-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi Darren
It's a pity we never made it to the dinner. I kept getting SMSes from a client, so I had to return to the office. It was a great day though, we’re really happy we went.

Anyway, we did 4 laps, the last two in the rain.

On those last laps I saw you way up there in the distance, I tried to catch you but you just disappeared into the distance…vroom. I had no chance.

We waited for you after our second lap, did you only do one lap later when you last saw us?

I have 20mb of in-car photos taken at various places on the circuit, and 30mb of all the cars in the parking that day.

Do you want to see them? I’ve never posted photos before, I’ll try if you want. Can I reduce the mb size?

Peter

NSXGB
10-04-2005, 09:18 PM
...did anyone record any lap times?

ctrlaltdelboy
10-04-2005, 10:38 PM
nope - circuit was configured as GP circuit + Nordschleife together - 25km per lap, any timings would have been somewhat irrelevant.

11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Darren,
You probably won’t be in the area, but all you NSXCB guys should know that the Dutch NSX day has grown to enormous proportions (accidentally).
It will be a chance to see just about every NSX in the BeNeLux in one place.
The first day (Saturday), they will cruise around Belgium and the Ardennes.
They stay the night in Spa.
The route is posted.
The second day (Sunday) they will all go to the Nurburgring. Imagine all those NSXes at the Ring!
Unfortunately I will miss it, pity, it’s the same days as our Annual Road Trip to the Grand Ballon; for an explanation of that trip, see the same thread, below, on the first page from 710.
For the Dutch NSX route:
Go to the 2nd and 3rd page of the link:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47447

(NSX Europa and International)/NSX Meeting Holland/Belgium owners

The last part is in Dutch, but if anyone is in the area on the 23rd, 24th April 2005 and wants to know what’s happening, post in English or email Gerard or me.

Peter

PS. Kevin or Darren: I don’t know which forum this would pertain to…can you please forward it if this forum is not the right one? I was hoping someone could get some pictures of this event.

UltraViolet
17-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Peter,

I was on the phone to one of our Club members who lives in Belgium - he runs the Type R club over there and also comes to our meets in the UK.

Anyway - he intends to take lots of pictures as he will be doing a magazine write up of the event for our Summer issue. I will be getting a full CD of pics of this event - sounds like there will be plenty of opportunity for some stunning pics!!

Sam