PDA

View Full Version : Car identity kickplate

graypaul
03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
We have just taken a 05 05 NSX 3.2 in longbeech blue at Graypaul Ferrari in Nottingham and am curious about the cars.

Does the kickplate on the door opening have any meaning i.e. limited production run or similar. Ours shows the number s200008 (I think that was it when I looked). What does this number refer too?

IS there anything unusual or special about the 05 model?

Thanks

simonprelude
03-03-2008, 01:44 PM
The door plate is the production number for that particular market for that year.

If it's one of the last 12 then the colour combination could be unique, however I think you just have a standard car (going by the colour combo and the low number) would love to own it, but I can't justify it at the moment :(

TheQuietOne
03-03-2008, 05:44 PM
As Simon said - is the car not sold now anyway?

P.S. they are all limited production in their own special way...:D

Ferris Bueller
03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
The door plate is the production number for that particular market for that year.

If it's one of the last 12 then the colour combination could be unique, however I think you just have a standard car (going by the colour combo and the low number) would love to own it, but I can't justify it at the moment :(

Isn't it also the last 6 digits of the chassis number?

WhyOne?
04-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Isn't it also the last 6 digits of the chassis number?

Yes indeedy - they should match. (If they dont - somethings horribly wrong!!!!)

graypaul
04-03-2008, 11:24 AM
I can confirm the car is not sold and can be view at www.graypaul-ferrari.co.uk (http://www.graypaul-ferrari.co.uk) looking under pre owned then other makes.

(The car was sold to a Honda dealer but their custmer fell through)

Thanks

TheSebringOne
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Great looking example! Must be one of the last 05 regs going onto the final 55 regs, which include the infamous final 12 special coloured 55 regs if you know what I mean ! :)