PDA

View Full Version : Foglight bulb

DTA-Motorsport
28-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know the bulb type fitting for the front foglights on UK-spec NA1's? This information should be in the user manual somewhere (I haven't got access to one).

Grateful for your assistance,

Dan

mart155
28-02-2008, 08:37 PM
All it says in my book is 12v 55w
Doesn't say anything about the bulb fitting type.

DTA-Motorsport
29-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for looking it up Mart - I appreciate it.

I think I'll have to have a nosey around Matt's (TQO) car when I next see him ... now where did I put my hammer ... (just kidding Matt!)

Cheerio!

Dan

TheQuietOne
29-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks for looking it up Mart - I appreciate it.

I think I'll have to have a nosey around Matt's (TQO) car when I next see him ... now where did I put my hammer ... (just kidding Matt!)

Cheerio!

Dan

I noticed my fog light is full of condensation yesterday so looks like a stone beat you to it Dutch boy! :D

duncan
29-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Bulb type H3

DTA-Motorsport
01-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I noticed my fog light is full of condensation yesterday so looks like a stone beat you to it Dutch boy! :D

Well that will be because it is a typical Dutch trait to be late for all the important things. I can remember just after the first Gulf War was (sort of) over, Holland sent two frigates and a pair of minesweepers to the region - two weeks after the fact!!!

BTW - we need to speak, I'll phone you later this weekend or otherwise next week.

Cheerio!

Dan

DTA-Motorsport
01-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Bulb type H3

Thank you very much for that information Duncan - very much appreciated!

All the best,

Dan

Senninha
02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi Dan,

So does this enquiry mean you have finally sourced 'bright' fog bulbs to match the HID's and sides?

regards, Paul

DTA-Motorsport
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Dan,

So does this enquiry mean you have finally sourced 'bright' fog bulbs to match the HID's and sides?

regards, Paul

Not exactly but I'm on the case. A supplier I don't use all that regularly "claims" to have regular halogen bulbs rated at 6000K ... I've got a pair on order and we'll see what they're like. The last time I tried a pair of 7200K Osram bulbs they were closer to 4500K in temperature so as per usual their marketing/advertising is way off the mark.

The reason for this particular request is actually to see if I can fit a HID kit in the fog lights. It won't be any better at projecting the light (due to the beam pattern design of foglights) but at least it'll match the dip-beam HIDs ... I'm just concerned at this point where to mount the ballasts so that they remain dry yet firmly attached.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheerio!

Dan