PDA

View Full Version : Tracker

mart155
27-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Fuzilov's recent experience has made me think again about getting a tracker fitted. I'm glad he got it back and hope it hasn't suffered any damage but I wondered how many other NSX owners have it fitted.

I have been looking at the Tracker Horizon package from a local company who are offering a deal at the moment for £325 including installation and VAT.

You then have the option of paying a subscription of £125 per year or a one off payment of £350 which lasts for as long as you keep the car.

I would be interested to how many of us protect our pride and joy with a tracker and hear any of your opinions on the subject.

NSX 2000
27-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I've had a Tracker on a previous car and I have one on the NSX and one fitted as standard on our Scoob that sends both my wife and I a text if anything happens to it and we can send a text to it to do things like shut down the engine. If I'm honest the one on the scoobs is over complicated, but the one on a previous car I was never sure if it did work or not.
HTH
Paul.

dan the man
27-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Id get a blackjax instead, read into it.

imo works better somehow.

mart155
28-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Dan,
I thought blackjax was just an anti-hijacking system which is great if someone pulls you out of your car and tries to drive off in it. I have a similar system on my car already but unless I am wrong, I don't think it would be much help if someone did manage to nick your car while it was parked up somewhere.

dan the man
28-02-2008, 07:51 AM
blaxjax works whenever the car is started or a door is opened etc..

so if someone nicked the car they still have 30 seconds to put the code in or she shuts down..u can litteraly give them the keys and says take it and pretenbd to fear for your life.

then find a safe place to wait and listen for your car alarm going off 100 yards down the road :)

simonprelude
28-02-2008, 09:14 AM
But if your car is stolen by towing then blackjax will not be of any use.

Tracker would be, the best option is to get both, but that is obviously ££'s.

Midnight Blue
28-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I may be heading off down a blind alley here, so don't shoot.

Check out <www.verifyandlocate.com>

It offers a couple of tracker-like devices for much less than the original car device and if they are not suitable, also offers a very low cost mobile phone positioning service, (originally meant to check where your kids are).

My thinking is, if you hide an old mobile phone and charger in your car so the phone is permanently charged, you should be able to find where it is to within a couple of streets if needed.

You will need a pay-as-you-go sim card that doesn't cut you off if it is not used for several months at a time, turn off the ring tone and voila a free tracker.

Cheers,

Andy

amo
28-02-2008, 06:44 PM
got a tracker
cat 1 alarm and imobiliser
and removable steering wheel

most cars iv had iv gone for the steering a removable wheel
everywhere i go town, cinima, overnight or just the day it comes off

thx amo

jaytip
28-02-2008, 06:59 PM
got a tracker
cat 1 alarm and imobiliser
and removable steering wheel

most cars iv had iv gone for the steering a removable wheel
everywhere i go town, cinima, overnight or just the day it comes off

thx amo
Must look a bit odd walking into the cinema carrying a steering wheel :D

amo
28-02-2008, 07:14 PM
lol
well just put it behind the seat or in the boot out of site
they think twice then

thx amo

dan the man
28-02-2008, 08:02 PM
phone ones a good idea, and i also think a simple hidden fuelk switch or battery switch is too. car could a right git to start if they nevr think about a simple switch most cars dont have.