PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Time!

Kevin
26-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Some of you regular visitors may have noticed I am not signed up to MattFest, have pulled out from the dyno day, and am unsure whether I can go on RingFest.

I guess it's time to say why. I have accepted a job in a land far far away...

Well OK, not quite that far far away, Switzerland to be precise. Land of chocolate and cheese with holes in.

I go out at the end of March. It means my shiny new suspension isn't going to get much use, and the wife doesn't get the kitchen finished (still).

On the plus side during the winter the slopes are on my doorstep, and the mountain roads in the summer will be my driving playground.

Davos to Stelvio will be my Sunday morning jaunt from now on.:):):)

I may try and organise a long weekend for people interested in doing the famous 'Top Gear' best roads in Europe trip.

I will continue with this site, but until I get my own Interweb connection I can't update anything.

jaytip
26-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Good for you Kev,if you think that it's going to give you a better quality of life,then i say go for it.Out of curiosity what work will be taking you to the land of watches?

kowalski
26-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Good Luck with the new job!

Where abouts in Switzerland will you be based? I will be popping down to Basel a few times in the summer and might be working there for a while.

Leigh

dan the man
26-02-2008, 07:28 PM
awesome pal. Davos meant to be good to ride

TheQuietOne
26-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Good for you Kev,if you think that it's going to give you a better quality of life,then i say go for it.Out of curiosity what work will be taking you to the land of watches?

Compooters...:D

SILVER BULLET
26-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Kevin , congratulations on the new job I hope it works out well for you and yours.

Davos to Stelvio ! there's always a downside to these moves :laugh::cool:

All the very best,

Ian

TheQuietOne
26-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I may try and organise a long weekend for people interested in doing the famous 'Top Gear' best roads in Europe trip.

Now that sounds like a plan...:)

Kevin
26-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes, compooters is what I do.

Funny enough, in the land of chocolate and watches I'll be working for a chocolate company!

I'll be in the Lausanne area, opposite end to Basel, but in the same town as the Swiss NSX Club.

It's only a temporary job, as I work as an overpaid contractor, but should be there for a year at least.

The missus, will be staying put at home.

simonprelude
26-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Good luck, just as you were getting the garage sorted as well.

Silver Surfer
26-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Shucks!!!!! When are you leaving?

Wish you best of luck and wealth!!

Need to find an alternative to Kevspeed now!
I was hoping to entertain you when my SC engine replacement arrives.

Anychance for a NSX fairwell get-togther drive?

SS

NSX 2000
26-02-2008, 10:40 PM
All the best Kevin. It would be good to get some NSX's out to Switzerland. I loved it when I took W2 out there.
Paul.

AR
26-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Best of luck Kevin.

Don't eat too many chocolates!

Cheers,

Ary

Papalazarou
27-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Good luck Kevin.

Cheers,

James.

Greybloke
27-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Kevin
Hope all goes well.
Switzerland, love it (going tomorrow:D) and do quite fancy some of those mountain hairpins (in the sumer of course)

Keep posting.
:beer:

Senninha
27-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Kevin,

Fantastic news for you and have fun in the playground ;) Does this mean that you will take the NSX over with you?

Now before you go .... FINISH THAT KITCHEN for the long suffering Mrs C!

Regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
27-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Congratulations Kevin, your not leaving the keys to the beloved NSX with your other half are you!? You have to stick those rubber mufflers on the zorst pipes! Even though we all jealous about your move to driving heaven as the TG gang call it, beware of the speeding! Think they cut off your your right foot if caught! (well not literally!) :D:) I know its a daft Q, but I assume the NSX is going to choco, watches or computos country?

TheSebringOne
27-02-2008, 02:44 PM
SS, SC engine !?! :think: Please enlighten us! Watch out Amo! :D

Kevin
28-02-2008, 07:48 AM
SS, SC engine !?! :think: Please enlighten us! Watch out Amo! :D

No there's no need for more detail, as it's off topic, not for the NSX.

The NSX will come over I hope for the summer, it would be rude not to. Re-fitting the standard exhuast for the duration may be in order as well.

Silver Surfer
28-02-2008, 06:26 PM
No there's no need for more detail, as it's off topic, not for the NSX.

Ha! :laugh: Was going to keep them guessing!!

SS

Lankstarr
29-02-2008, 07:03 AM
You'll no doubt be missed but I wish you all the best:D

That must be a good contract to get you to leave the missus for a year (or maybe you jumped at the chance:eek:;))

I hope it all goes well for you.

Luke

Senninha
29-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Ha! :laugh: Was going to keep them guessing!!

SS
Well that should get the kids to school on time :laugh: or make the track car even more of a handful :eek:

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
01-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Well that should get the kids to school on time :laugh: or make the track car even more of a handful :eek:

regards, Paul

Practice makes perfect... ;)

SS

TheSebringOne
02-03-2008, 12:08 AM
SS, sorry for being nosey! But my mate put a US sourced Toyota Corolla S/C engine into his MK1 MR2 and apparently a good fit ! Hes also got Celica GT4 brakes on too! HTH :)

Silver Surfer
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
SS, sorry for being nosey! But my mate put a US sourced Toyota Corolla S/C engine into his MK1 MR2 and apparently a good fit ! Hes also got Celica GT4 brakes on too! HTH :)

Mine on a budget so had to be sourced in the UK. You can fit a Mk2 tubby engine in the Mk1 too. They are even trying to squeeze a camry V6 now.
'kin mad crazy powerhungry psychopaths!! ;)

SS

markc
07-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry I missed this thread Kevin until now, I wish you well on your stint over in CH.

In my admittedly limited experience it's not the most exciting nation and the Swiss government REALLY doesn't like cars BUT they do have some lovely roads wrapped around/across some epic scenery :)

Good luck

Mark

Senninha
07-03-2008, 11:44 PM
......it's not the most exciting nation and the Swiss government REALLY doesn't like cars BUT they do have some lovely roads wrapped around/across some epic scenery :)..
Kevin, this would explain yousaying you're going back to OEM exhaust...they must hate sportscars even more ... especially loud ones :eek:

Midnight Blue
11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
[quote=Kevin;39789]
It's only a temporary job, as I work as an overpaid contractor, but should be there for a year at least.

Good luck with the job.

A cautionary tale though;

I came to the Far East on a temporary contract for one year.....and stayed.....when was that? ..............1988

Particularly if you can avoid the Infernal Revenue, working abroad can become very adictive.

Cheers,

Andy

Heinz '57
11-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Would that be working at Plan Dessus in Vevey? If so we might meet as I go there quite often to visit BTC and Output Management.

[quote=Kevin;39789]Yes, compooters is what I do.

Funny enough, in the land of chocolate and watches I'll be working for a chocolate company!

I'll be in the Lausanne area, opposite end to Basel, but in the same town as the Swiss NSX Club.