PDA

View Full Version : Honda v Ferrari

Marky
25-02-2008, 10:33 PM
parked up in town next to a F430 spider

dan the man
25-02-2008, 11:25 PM
fezza does look fatter :)

maser boomerang lights great, why they canned them ill never know. maybe fitment issues.

Sudesh
25-02-2008, 11:51 PM
fezza does look fatter :)

maser boomerang lights great, why they canned them ill never know. maybe fitment issues.

Yeah I also liked the old lights! I had a 3200GT quite a few years back with the boomerang lights to which I think made the car from the rear.

WhyOne?
26-02-2008, 09:07 AM

I agree - they look tremendous.

They were canned because Maserati, in their infinite wisdon, put the car before a US 'styling clinic' (i.e. carefully selected, potential customers).

One of the things the Septics were unsure about (some loved them, some hated them) were the boomerang lights. Hence they were dropped for lights which would neither excite nor offend anyone.

Idiots!

AR
26-02-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree - they look tremendous.

They were canned because Maserati, in their infinite wisdon, put the car before a US 'styling clinic' (i.e. carefully selected, potential customers).

I thinks they were change to meet US regulations.

The NSX does look old next to the 430, perhaps it would look better next to a 360.

gumball
26-02-2008, 12:28 PM
I think I must be the only one in the world who prefers the later rear lights.
Certainly unusual but as ther shoved in the corner it just leaves "dead space" under them.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/3200gt_trasera.jpg
More ordinary but fill the space better, imooc.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/untitledu.jpg

WhyOne?
26-02-2008, 01:29 PM
I think I must be the only one in the world who prefers the later rear lights.

No, no...there are aparently some septics who agree with you.

Senninha
26-02-2008, 02:12 PM
I'd say that the F car does look more modern but not as sleek or focussed as the NSX. It also shows (again) how good the basic design of the NSX was. Small details such as the lighs, mirrors and wheels are perhaps the key signs of age for the NSX.

With all the speculation around a new performance Honda I just think its a shame that Honda didn't follow the path of evolution along with Ferrari and Porsche.

As Dan says, it looks fat, but compare it to a Gallardo and both have been on the atkins diet IMO

regards, Paul

AR
26-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I think the NSX needs to loose the boot so it ends shorter. Also change the Corvette hatch for a CF thing, plus move the exhaust up to were the trunk is.

But...I am not Chip Foose, so I am not about to take a saw to mine. :)

AR

gumball
26-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I think the NSX needs to loose the boot so it ends shorter. Also change the Corvette hatch for a CF thing, plus move the exhaust up to were the trunk is.

But...I am not Chip Foose, so I am not about to take a saw to mine. :)

AR

No no, if you lost the over hangs so too would go the elegance. And the hatch is better glass so you can see out, move the exhaust up?, eh?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/homer-car.gif

Senninha
26-02-2008, 03:04 PM
No no, if you lost the over hangs so too would go the elegance. And the hatch is better glass so you can see out, move the exhaust up?, eh?

I agree, its the lines that work well, and this from someone who always used to think the rear could do with a nip n tuck.

Re the exhaust ... I'm sure there is a project in there for someone to redesign the rear bumper assembly so as to incorporate raised exhaust outlets with an integrated diffusor ...

AR
26-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Just my crude attemp with paint and a picture from google.

Sudesh
26-02-2008, 04:00 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/homer-car.gif

Man that made laugh!! I remember that episode lol!!

gumball
26-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Just my crude attemp with paint and a picture from google.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/NSX_side_Short.jpg

reminded me of this:)
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/untitled88.jpg

dan the man
26-02-2008, 06:33 PM
think you took a bit too much off ARY on that one! Does remind me of a vet tho..strange

Sudesh
26-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Not a fan of the short look, reminds me of the way NISSAN made a SWB 300ZX, which IMO wasnt as nice as the LWB 300ZX.

gumball
26-02-2008, 07:38 PM
How about seeing what it would look like with the rear wheel photo shopped back a couple of inches instead of cutting the tail?, as if at had an inline V8.

britlude
26-02-2008, 08:02 PM
LWB NSX, as requested (ok, i'm bored!)

gumball
26-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Thank's, nice work there, very interesting:),
I can't make my mind up if the adjustment is great or horrific, certainly would have had to have a different intake.
But I think Honda probably got the proportions right for a transverse layout.

Silver Surfer
26-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm sure the OP Fezza/NSX photo will be better in a Red/Black with deep tinted hatch glass IMO. ;)

SS

dan the man
26-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Nice work ARY but still dont look as good as standard.

I think in real life an inch off the back would have been perfect and originals were like this in testing but honda decided to give us more boot room and put it on.

britlude
26-02-2008, 09:51 PM
or had a flat tyre during tests and realised they couldn't fit it anywhere!

gumball
26-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Nice work ARY but still dont look as good as standard.

I think in real life an inch off the back would have been perfect and originals were like this in testing but honda decided to give us more boot room and put it on.

Nope, too stumpy.
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/aaaa.jpg

TheSebringOne
28-02-2008, 12:06 AM
When they designed the NSX, they did consider the shorter rear to be in line with the Fezza & Porker, but in the end for the sake of fitting two sets of golf clubs for US market, the went for a longer rear & longer wheel base too. I agree its more elegant and distinctive, making the NSX stand out from the norm! Handy for those daily users with their food shopping etc too & odd romantic weekends! :D

dan the man
28-02-2008, 07:49 AM
your right on that pic i do like the final version better. maybe we are used to it and its how it is for us :)

AR
28-02-2008, 10:55 AM
The thing is that IMHO supercars must be efficient. We had an efficient engine at the time, great gearchanges, suspension, and even the cabin. But the trunk space is a waste of space, pun intended. They could have deleted the spare wheel, and made use of that space and the room behind the passenger/driver, for storage. Move the exhaust into the trunk are and voila! efficient supercar, and I bet the weight distribution would have changed too.

Cheers,

AR

gumball
28-02-2008, 01:47 PM
The thing is that IMHO supercars must be efficient. We had an efficient engine at the time, great gearchanges, suspension, and even the cabin. But the trunk space is a waste of space, pun intended. They could have deleted the spare wheel, and made use of that space and the room behind the passenger/driver, for storage. Move the exhaust into the trunk are and voila! efficient supercar, and I bet the weight distribution would have changed too.

Cheers,

AR

Have to remember this car was designed a long time ago, they were just looking to improve apon the 328's little zip up boot behind the engine, I think only Porsche had a boot in front at the time and no one was brave enough to loose the spare wheel yet.(I think Porsche still had a space saver in front?)

Marky
05-03-2008, 11:06 PM
I think the NSX-R got it right. It has a carbon spoiler and a carbon bonnet. These little changes make the NSX look meaner and sportier, and even good looking compared to the 911 and 360