PDA

View Full Version : got sideways....

Boomin33
24-02-2008, 06:16 PM
hooning around bracknell with a passenger friend on Thursday night, err showing off the cornering a little... I guess there was a slight glaze on the road.

through a roundabout into a gradual left hand bend under twin bridges... sideways, for a little while, I went, passenger thought 'skill showcase'

caught completely off guard and scared me senseless. I learned to drive on snow, so got lucky, powered through it

never heard/felt an inkling of TCS kick in. Was starting to rely on it a little, not anymore...

let me say again... scared me senseless... kept having a 'CAT D, permanently messed up a very special car' flashback at work on Friday,

Anyone else have similar horror story..

Time for a fresh set of grip?

forumadmin
24-02-2008, 06:21 PM
TCS will do nothing for you if you are already too fast in a bend. It's not like the stability controls that modern cars have. It's to help you from applying too much throttle in a bend.

AR
24-02-2008, 06:26 PM
TCS will do nothing for you if you are already too fast in a bend. It's not like the stability controls that modern cars have. It's to help you from applying too much throttle in a bend.

I much prefer to leave it off to be honest. I find it unpredictable at times. After all the NSX-R never had it.

Cheers,

AR

NoelWatson
24-02-2008, 07:02 PM

Appreciate that it is not ESP, but with TCS on doesn't the NSX tend towards understeer in extremis?

britlude
24-02-2008, 08:30 PM
TCS kills the power if it decides YOU are not doing anything/enough to control/correct the car. turning right out of a junction enthusiastically enough to get the back swinging round, if you are not straightening up/ turning into the slide to the tcs's satisfaction it'll cut the power to stop the slide. correct enough and the tcs will let you snake up the road. it's a fine line to you, but not the tcs!!

Boomin33
24-02-2008, 09:02 PM
if you are not straightening up/ turning into the slide to the tcs's satisfaction it'll cut the power to stop the slide. !

err.. think it would have put me in a slide into the wall if power had been cut at that particular moment...

gettting the Rx plated this week... think I'll push that car and take it easy in my pride and joy

dan the man
24-02-2008, 10:59 PM
yup tractiopn is basic and slow imo. When ive been full on sideays its never even had a flicker.. darn thing.

On dry track bogs u down a bit.

Good on for keeping toe in!

NoelWatson
25-02-2008, 07:14 AM
yup tractiopn is basic and slow imo. When ive been full on sideays its never even had a flicker.. darn thing.

On dry track bogs u down a bit.

Good on for keeping toe in!

I think it can kick in for a short period without the light starting to flash - that is my experience when "testing"

dan the man
25-02-2008, 08:19 AM
On the dry at full chat on some corners it flicks in and kills your power which is annoying. You have to try and be less raggy- if thats possible!

I did think about turning it off when bone dry as tonnes of grip and if it let go it was never gonna save u anyway.But i never did and chicked out!

Although i had one dry slide at adenauer forst and car was 45 sideways and it never came in- but wasnt going to fast so came back kinda easily and i smiled me nuts off! :)