PDA

View Full Version : Exmoor meet 24th feb 08

Papalazarou
24-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Here are some pic's from the small Exmoor meet today.
Hopefully someone has some better pic's because these aren't great! I guess it's because we spent most of the time driving which is as it should be.
Anyway good to see everyone including John with the DC5 who tagged along and found himself miles from home with less than an hour to get back!

Cheers,

James.

Papalazarou
24-02-2008, 05:29 PM
A couple more........

TheSebringOne
24-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Looks great guys. Papa the car looks better without the reg plate, but if you ever get pulled up by the boys in blue or when they do their random number recognition for no tax/insurance checks, are there any ramifications?

simonprelude
24-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Ooops :cantlook: forgot all about this :(

Looks like you had fun anyway.

Papalazarou
24-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Probably, but who knows, perhaps they will take into consideration the aesthetic beauty angle and make all NSX's exempt from the the horrible disfigurement of having a plate.
I was watching CSi the other day and hadn't realised that some US states do not stipulate a front plate.
It really does **** with the lines of the car. I believe that they are toughening up the plate law as a result of the congestion charge, but not sure.

Cheers,

James.

NSX 2000
24-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Probably, but who knows, perhaps they will take into consideration the aesthetic beauty angle and make all NSX's exempt from the the horrible disfigurement of having a plate.
I was watching CSi the other day and hadn't realised that some US states do not stipulate a front plate.
It really does **** with the lines of the car. I believe that they are toughening up the plate law as a result of the congestion charge, but not sure.

Cheers,

James.

It's not just the congestion charge but it's all these number plate recognition cameras going up all over the UK.

Anyway back on topic looks like a nice little mini meet but James your parking! You could get another NSX in between yours and the kerb :laugh:

Papalazarou
25-02-2008, 08:42 AM
I know, I have an accute case of curbing paranoia!

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
25-02-2008, 06:12 PM
NIce reg on the Silver, is that Silver Bullet's?

Who was in the red/black and you've lost the DC?

Wrong side of the country for a a mini meet for me :(

Well done for braving the weather guys ...

dan the man
25-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Nice pics. The plate fell off ocifer...

Senninha
25-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Looks great guys. Papa the car looks better without the reg plate, but if you ever get pulled up by the boys in blue or when they do their random number recognition for no tax/insurance checks, are there any ramifications?

Advise from Matt (with the dodgy avatar ;)) is to carry spare plate behind seat that you can leave on display if parked. Works for him so might be ok for others ...

Lankstarr
26-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Well done to Steve for making it all the way over there... taking your car out in the wet was an achievement on its own!!

S55 NSX is a lovely plate reminds me of S5...!

jonster
26-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Here are some pic's from the small Exmoor meet today.
Hopefully someone has some better pic's because these aren't great! I guess it's because we spent most of the time driving which is as it should be.
Anyway good to see everyone including John with the DC5 who tagged along and found himself miles from home with less than an hour to get back!

Cheers,

James.

Good to meet you guys on this fun little outing. I was pleased I could keep up most of the time when you boys put your foot down. I was eating lots of spray and the odd stone most of the time - plus a plastic bottle made a nice wack on the windscreen once. Great roads and traffic wasn't bad too. I was pretty far from home when I left you all. The missus wasn't too pleased when rolled-in and confessed where I'd been. Lunch wasn't ruined or in the dog fortunately.

Would be great to meet up on the track some time.

Cheers,

Jon

SILVER BULLET
26-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Jon, we were pleased to have you along, sorry about the bottle it was too late to avoid by the time I spotted it, I wondered where it went :)

With regards to keeping up we were only changing up on half revs so you wouldn't fall off the back :D only joking, I think your motor was more than a match for us, it has great presence on the road.

Hope to see you at Japfest in May,

Cheers for now,

Ian

SILVER BULLET
26-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Good to meet you Steve and Louise on Sunday,my ears have now recovered from following you Steve ! did sound good though.James well chosen route ,150 miles door to door for me, are you trying to make my mileage higher than yours ?:rolleyes:

I do think that if you reduced the size of your ariel (2nd photo) you would still pick up radio 4 :laugh:

Cheers for now,

Ian

Papalazarou
27-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Good to meet you Steve and Louise on Sunday,my ears have now recovered from following you Steve ! did sound good though.James well chosen route ,150 miles door to door for me, are you trying to make my mileage higher than yours ?:rolleyes:

I do think that if you reduced the size of your ariel (2nd photo) you would still pick up radio 4 :laugh:

Cheers for now,

Ian

I know, our cars are really close on mileage and on production. From memory, I think yours is no#27. mine is no#24.
I know my ariel is a little on the oem side, but as you know it's pretty hilly over Exmoor and I worry I'd miss Womans hour through bad reception if I changed it;-)

Cheers,

James.

Steveycaz
27-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Just got back from our West Country road trip :)! We had a cracking time in Cornwall but unfortunately lost our camera - so none of the pictures or videos I took will make it to this site :(

On a plus side - what a fantastic drive that was! James - great route and a real thrill following someone who really knew those winding roads well. When Louise and I returned to Tiverton, I had to ease of a bit as I didn't know the roads at all. My BOL has a S2000 and wants to do that route with me at Easter - I'll post nearer the time but it would be good to see some of you there.

Sorry about the plastic bottle Ian / Jon - I couldn't see it in time to avoid it either!

Papalazarou
27-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Sounds like plan Steve.

I've always like the S2000 but rarely get a go in one.
Maybe next time we could find some deserted roads and get some action shots. (Matt before you jump on this one; read: "action shots of cars driving").

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
27-02-2008, 06:25 PM
..........we could find some deserted roads and get some action shots. (Matt before you jump on this one; read: "action shots of cars driving"). Cheers, James.

And dont ask Matt (of dodgy avatar fame) to do the driving unless you want slow mo action ;):laugh: